Longterm

Imagine if cryptos right now on are in the limewire / napster / winamp stage of evolution?

Can you imagine a world where your so called
shit coins are in the hundreds and thousands per range?

You are either the smart money or the skeptic, you decide.

but people mass adopted napster and it only declined from that point on...

We are absolutely still in stage 1 of the technology aspect. Like before Lars Ulrich got involved.

no I mean only savvy tech people could obtain an mp3 and risked viruses etc. but then itunes came around for the masses after a long time though before it really caught on.

Its likely they will say "fuck bitcoin" and make their own things because they don't like the idea of not being able to control everything and they are late to the party.

Our crypto will likely be left forgotten in the end, so make your money while its still somewhat popular and unregulated for the most part.

yup you get it. there is a generation right now being born that may see cryptos like they're smartphones and pay handsomely for them but we're in the thick of it now as it evolves. It feels like it's just the beginning. As much as people credit bitcoin as the beginning it might be like comparing those giant bulky mobile phones from the 80s to what a smartphone is now, which is more about being a portable pocket pc with internet than simply a mobile phone.

yeah and where are limewire / winamp / napster?

stage one of tech, absolutely.

stage one for capital and hype? definitely not.

thats how tech works, but bitcoin isn't tech, it's finance. you could argue the same for ethereum and maybe 5 or so other coins. the rest of them are absolutely replaceable because they have nothing keeping people from leaving.

just bought $103^57 + :) k

Yea of course. None of these coins will be around

Company's and gobermernts will issue their own Cryptocurrencys

I just hope to cash out before it crashes.

>Imagine if cryptos right now on are in the limewire / napster / winamp stage of evolution?
not even that far imo
think more like using UNIX cli to send an email

Professional programmer here. I had a few days off last weekend to study Bitcoin in detail and I was absolutely blown away by the the technology driving it. Specifically, I was impressed by its usage of elliptic curve cryptography for signing transactions. Bitcoin is not just a fad, beneath all the hype is a real technical achievement.

If we were to use your analogy to P2P programs, Bitcoin would be like Bittorrent.

>Company's and gobermernts will issue their own Cryptocurrencys
Won't happen. The banks will put supercomputes on every city and render all blockchains obsolete.

I haven't had the time to study other cryptos yet. I've started looking into Etheruem, which seems really interesting since their main selling point is a language for developing smart contracts.

>programmer here

why do people say this? If u really were a programmer you wouldnt need to tell us

Well, the platform is at least half of the value, where smart contracts are able to work.

I can say whatever I want and there's nothing you can do about it :)

t. Professional programmer

ever heard of larping?

>I was impressed by its usage of elliptic curve cryptography for signing transactions.
so what do you program? html?

Thanks I wanted to go there but I didn't know much about the beginnings of that.

no he used zapier once a few weeks ago and is now handing out his resume to microsoft, google, amazon, apple and facebook