/run/ - Running General

How's the winter training going?

FAQ - pastebin.com/pjMQQ46m

Pretty good. I'm working on increasing mileage from 10k to 21k (halfway there). Times are shit due to being a bit overweight and out of shape but I like running around in the snow.

I'm feeling extremely depressed right now. Could I get on an exercise bike for 3 hours or would that be considered unhealthy? There's no other way I want to pass the time. I've only been doing 4 hours of cardio per week so far. I want to up my game.

Yay! My running general idea caught on!

About to start week 2/18 of marathon training.

3x3 miles this week, followed by 7 miles on Saturday. Feeling good, though wish the weight would start falling off soon!

Is it just me or do running gainz disapear as soon as you stop running for more than 1 week ?

Fuck, I feel this too, took a couple weeks off because of a ridiculous amount of holiday stress all at once and now it feels like I've never been on a treadmill in my life. Getting better but I used to often be able to go atleast an extra mile

theres this marathon on march, but i'm getting my gyno removed this month.

so i don't think i'll be able to prepare for it otherwise these sutures will gush out blood from all the activity. i still want to do it but i'll be dragging ass on the day of.

>gyno removed t
You don't want to do that, trust me.

because the internet said so?

shit, I haven't run in like 2 weeks and I'm doing c25k. I hope my gains aren't gone.

Why is there so much fat acceptance being pushed by the media etc, but zero gyno acceptance? Is it the jews or just women? I have puffy nipples that I can't help. I've had people call me tits and squeeze them in all sorts of socially crushing scenarios.

Winter training is the best.
I lose nearly a minute off each kilometer, due to added clothing, poor running surface, and difficulty breathing through the mask (I wear a neoprene mask when colder than -20C) but I still enjoy the runs a LOT more.
I think it is being able to shed heat fast that does it.
Source: 50km last week, 30 of them in sub-arctic conditions.

I lift, just got my girlfriend into it and to increase fat loss I signed us up for a 5k.
Should be easy, still kinda training her cause she struggles to breath properly some times.
She's getting better though, hot chocolate 5k here we come!

Where the fuck you live nigger?? I'm proud of myself getting out in minus 2c for a run!

Yes but I think it's mental. It comes back quicly, it's not like your cardio goes completely to shit in just one week

Same as the other training.
Was 21F here last week, now 65F.
Do what I can when I can and that's it.

>have a drink on me

Not winter here mate. About to slip another shrimp on the barbie.

》new belgium
thats my shit.

I started running again. Outside for once and not on the treadmill. Already love it 1000 times more, I blazed through 3 miles on the pavement - just doing 1 on the treadmill makes me want to smash my skull in. Then two days later I got a nasty chest cold. FFUFFUFUFUFKJL

Lucky you man, I tried to get my last girlfriend into fitness, at the very least into running, but it never stuck and it ended up being part of the reason we split

North of 60 degrees.
It's fucking cold, for a fucking long time.
Lots of people let it keep them indoors.
Faggots.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Their best ever was "Bier de Mars"... now gone.
I'm not sure if "Porch Swing" is still around...
2() below was awesome as well --- cinnamon, licorice, vanilla.... a snickerdoodle beer.
Trippel is great. Ranger IPA is good.

>enough. back to tricep kick backs for gainz.

Ran my first 5k yesterday in 35 minutes, felt pretty fast, think I can get sub 30 by the end of the year

>How's the winter training going?
I run indoors on a treadmill because I hate my knees, so it's going just about the same as spring/summer/autumn training.

It does. I remember there's a chart for it that goes all the way to a moth of detraining.

anyone else fatty and running?

I'm running 3 times a week for 30 mins, do I qualify for a running guy?

what do you do for a living?

Ran for the first time in Sub freezing weather.

It was bretty good, I didn't hate it like I thought I would.