antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Books

The Naked Warrior - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/T/Ts/Tsatsouline_Pavel_-_The_naked_warrior.pdf
You Are Your Own Gym - www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/L/La/Lauren_Mark_-_You_are_your_own_gym.pdf
Overcoming Gravity
Coach Sommers Mastering GST Series

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/RedDeltaproject
youtube.com/watch?v=T9Y4o_BqC0A
youtube.com/watch?v=kqGBu7cCIwA
gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/foundation-series/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So we do try to revive these threads?
Good, looking forward to it.

I have trouble finding a back workout. I have literally nothing to pull up with. I don't have any weights to do rows either.
Any advice? My back is seriously lagging behind

On pistol squats, should I be doing my sets as: LLLRRR, or LRLRLR (L= left leg, R = right leg)?

My left leg is severely weaker than the right, for some reason I can't understand.

Just watch your form. As for your set scheme. If you want to complete your sets fast, do LRLRLR, because you don't need to rest inbetween sets

Table/doorway rows. But seriously, get a pullup bar or rings.

I do LR rest LR rest LR rest. Keep the reps the same and your leg will catch up. Or you could try doing a few extra reps on the weak leg.

>LRLRLR
So dancing Kazachok?

This is a good explosive knee exercise btw. Would recommend

hnnnnnng dat ass MOMMY!

I think people severely underestimate how hard it is find a place to hang rings from.

my favorite is when people say to just find a tree

>needs to be a tree with perfectly horizontal branches, reasonably close to a road/your house, be strong enough for the branch to support your weight, the tree can't be on private property, etc. etc.

Door way pull up bar. Hang rings from it to do dips and shit. You might have to learn L sit dips for that tho.

My biceps are failing before my lats when doing pullups, is there a way to target them more directly without dumbells?

not that good tbqh. just the perfect example of a girl with genetically zero ass, who then starts squatting

close-grip pullups

If home put rings on pull up bar, if outside same thing but in park

use a smaller ROM with chinups?

Close grip chins. Ring or bar curls are fine too.

Do supported pistol squat on weaker leg or just do deep step ups

Bump.
Cmon boys don't let this be dead thread

What do you think of this as a starting routine?
How would you improve or change it?

IMO hand stand push ups part would be better with simple pushups that you gradually incline.

or decline... which one is correct? I meant gradually putting your legs on higher ground.

youtube.com/user/RedDeltaproject
I think this is one of the best bw yt channels, also if i want to increase strenght for OApull should i have perfect form, full ROM, and perform the progressions as slow as possible or should i keep the tension and do them fast as i did when training for the regular pullups, does the grip make any difference?

In eldiablo's 666 routine (don't have pic with me but most of you should know it), he recommends 3x12 for hypertrophy and 6x6 for strength. Should I alternate the two and if so in which timeframes, or can I do for example 4-5x8 for best of both worlds?

It's a pretty solid routine. You can get pretty far with it, if you stick to it.

>IMO hand stand push ups part would be better with simple pushups that you gradually incline.
That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Pushups only hit your shoulders to some degree, so pike pushups is a better way of getting to handstand pushups more efficiently.

Performing reps slower usually means more control, which should always be your priority, unless you're actively working on explosive strength.
Grip does make a difference, since having your hand face you gets the biceps more involved, which in turn makes the pull slightly easier.

I think with unilateral training you should start with your weaker side and then just alternate

Do as many as you can with good form on weaker leg, only do as many as you were able to do with the other with the stronger leg in a LRLRLR fashion. If you're not severely crippled it should take a while but will add up and even out over time.

wondering too. been doing it for a while and while i got dat dere gymnast upper body i would like some added strength too. i personally would just alternate them but i am talking out of my ass here

Is it even possible to make gains from bodyweight exercises?

Sure, 4x8 is a good middle ground. That's what I used to do as well.

Sure, why wouldn't it be?

Doesn't it take like twice as long to make any noticeable gains when you do calisthenics?

Thanks a bunch. Figured it wouldn't be enough because both 3x12 and 6x6 equal 36 reps while 4x8 does not I guess my body does not care about math, only resistance and overcoming it kek

>twice as long
Bullshit. Progress is slower but in no way that much if you know what you're doing.

I can do pushups and pull ups all day and it won't give me any gains that's why I had to start going to the gym

yes, it makes your knees explode

Because you're suppose to increase resistance by changing exercise.
Do you go to the gym and just increase number of reps instead of adding weight?

Adding weight would make it not a bodyweight exercise anymore

le master trole

Actually no, bodyweight exercise is exercise without needing weights and only using your own bodyweight

>le master trole implying you cannot increase resistance without adding weight

The whole point of bodyweight exercise is so that you don't need to buy weights or pay to go to a gym

Just stop.

Stop calling it bodyweight exercise than if it's not actually bodyweight exercise

are you fucking stupid

Currently struggling with the last pullup of my last set (3x8). Is this a wait it out thing? It's been my largest plateau.
Also just moved from 15 sec L-sit to 20 sec.
>We all gone make it boys

Adding weight to an exercise is no longer bodyweight brah

All these weightfags.

Working on more muscle up tricks, just got the 360 muscle up this weekend. Anyone here do more tricks, How to safely practice in gyms with no mats?

Pic related clapping muscle ups

>reading comprehension
Noone besides you is talking about adding weight, retard

You can change the leverage

Table rows
>grab the ledge and row

Ring rows
>Buy rings

Chin ups
>Doesn't hit horizontal pull sufficiently, IMO, and this is from someone that exclusively trained (and achieved) the one arm chin up for reps.

Lever rows on a pull up bar
>Get fuckin good at levers

Chest pull ups
>The incline bench of pull motions. Not exactly a vertical or horizontal pull, but in between. Lean back and have the lowest part of your chest that you can manage touch the bar

Would any of you guys advise against a 300+ person doing /BWG/ stuff? Or should he lose weight first before attempting any of this.

depends on your bf%

is this person a strong 300lb or an obese 300lb person

>Legs
>no sprints
gtfo dyel

obese

Well, you can try body weight exercises, try really basic ones like pushups/situps/rows on easy variations first, but they will probably be quite hard

I'd say start lifting weights mainly and do BW exercises to your ability aswell (as you lose weight they will get easier very quickly)

Lose weight while lifting and doing BW exercises and get down to a weight that is somewhat close to average.

Height?

I-Im ready

6'0

activating your glutes WHILE doing the 360 muscle up, very nice!

You have a long way ahead of you. Start with weights as BW exercises will be really hard for you in the beginning (still try doing them, will get much easy with every pound you lose)

Good luck and stay committed

Aesthetics is one of my main motivations. What's the best calisthenics exercise for glutes? I'm already doing pistol squats, but they really seem to mostly target quads. Will bridges such as he ones in convict conditioning make a noticeable difference to glutes? Cause the book mostly talks about spine benefits.

dont hang yourself bro

Here you go.
Everyone starts somewhere.
All that matters is that you continue and that you get where you want and need to go.

Running uphill is great for lower body.
Has anyone ever been able to do a proper OAHSPU or several close feet OAP with no spine torquing? Because some of Convict Conditioning goals seem stupid imo.

I used to do close legged one arm pushups
I got out of practice and now I'm working back up to that.

The one arm handstand pushup? That's tougher.
The guy from beast skills, the guy in the photos, can SORT OF do it but he's not there yet.

even the pics in the book are staged ffs

One arm handstand is something to work towards not a goal that can be accomplished by everyone.
Kind of like the mythical three minute mile or half ton deadlift.

Don't follow Convict Conditioning, it's absolute garbage, even for beginners. Do the routine in

It is far easier than what you make it out to be.

Someone with skinny legs can quite comfortably do it.

Saying this as a bboy

I just said it's not for everyone and is more of a goal to work towards.
Not every man can run a 3 minute mile and not every man can deadlift 1k and not every man is going to look like the cover of a chicks masturbation periodical.

I can do OAPush with feet together but my hand is not that centered and i torque a bit, but the way they do them seems impossible
youtube.com/watch?v=T9Y4o_BqC0A
Here Eddie deadlifts 500kg, if something isn't possible imo paul wade shouldn't have included them
Increasing 1 rep like they recommend in SS when advanced is the really boring compared to going to failure imo.
I've never seen anyone do a OAHSPU with proper form, not even on youtube.

Squatting, deadlifts, benching or overhead pressing isn't something everyone can do.
Yet we hear SKWAT OR UR A PUSSY in every fucking thread.

It's something to work towards. Just because it seems like it's nigh impossible or is even undoable doesn't mean that it can't be worked towards.

Also, SS isn't the first fucking program on the planet to suggest adding another fucking rep.
Stop looking for excuses to namedrop that fucking program or shill powerlifting in the bodyweight thread.

Nah you didn't get what i meant, i personally don't like nor enjoy the way of progression that SS recommends thats all, which doesn't mean it's not effective, also i've never lifted weights in my life so don't see how i'd be "shilling" powerlifting.
youtube.com/watch?v=kqGBu7cCIwA

been doing body weight for like 2 years solid, 3 1/2 years overall. I still cant do muscle ups, but I can bench my bodyweight for six (12stone/77kg) where am i going wrong?

I've never had the head space to do em, I can do pullups to my breast bone easy enough, one arm pressups etc. are piss. Still cant do one arm pullups.

>Increasing 1 rep like they recommend in SS when advanced is the really boring compared to going to failure imo.
What does that have to do with my post about CC?

Are you a manlet?

Because if you are not, that is normal.

Whats the best progression to go from never attempting a handstand, to a freestanding handstand, to hspu

Im already doing a pike pushup progression but im not sure whats the easiest way to get into handstands

Look up convict conditioning, building the gymnastic body, you are your own gym, and go look on youtube for progressions.

It's really about slowly building strength, balance and joint integrity.

I'm 5'9. My arms are like 72inches tho, so pretty long but not long for some one over 6ft

For upper im doing pullups, chins, rows, pushups, and dips.

Should i be doing chest dips or tricep dips for the best balance

To be honest, it doesn't make much of a difference.

don't fucking die on me you beautifull bastard

>use this next time for OP

Myself I prefer the Foundation progression path

This is only for 15 rep mastery, there is one for 10rep mastery as well

what are your progression templates? I was struggling transitioning from 12 to 15reps, just started resting for longer (5min rests now) and I managed to finish mastery.

fucking gooks baka

if I got my mom who is over 50 with arthritis (joints ache all the time) to do bodyweight, so can you (she is also slightly overweight)

Foundation one has progress for absolutely shit tiers of strength

can you do planche? I would imagine it's good for glutes, or do the superman variation without raising your torso from ground, just legs

if you want to do a muscle up. you need to be able to do front lever, I believe

there's an entire book 'Handstand One' I believe, there's like 7 levels of progression

y-you do increase intensity, don't you?

>Foundation one
What's that?

i'm starting scooby's pull up routine, and i'm unsure about "packing my shoulders" for dead hangs, any tips? is it just contracting the lats? or what IS it exactly?

pull scapula down and back
so retract and depress

>if you want to do a muscle up. you need to be able to do front lever, I believe
No, they're not correlated like that. A front lever is quite a bit harder than a muscle-up.

It's a bodyweight routine that consists of a lot of skill work. You should be able to find it if you google it.

gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/foundation-series/

back in KA times I got my hands on PDF from torrents, there is one on piratebay but it's quite dead, tried looking for one now but all I got was some malware...

you are doing the same movement for muscle up as for front lever, when you transition from chinup above the bar, I can't explain it properly, but you need the same muscles as to hold front lever, I am only speaking from anatomy and physics point of view.

you do not need to have mastered the front lever in order to do a muscle up. not to be a dick but can you even do a muscle up or a front lever? because talking just in terms of anatomy is pretty insufficient.

The front lever is a static hold, how can it be the same movement?
Sure, many of the same muscles are involved, but the front lever requires a great deal of core and back strength. For a muscle up, you mostly just need explosiveness and a little bit of technique, so you don't destroy your wrists.

how do i build to pistol squats?

I can do shrimps no problem. having trouble building though. I can manage 10 each leg no worries, but not even one pistol squat.

Do assisted pistol squats.

No, I only stated my opinion
Might sound like that, but I meant some movements from front lever progression could help with muscle ups

do slow negative with emphasis on the hardest part of the movement(whichever one that is for you) and static holds at the bottom of the movement (the pistol position with one leg being ankle and ass touching and the other one extended in front)

Pistol squats using one hand to push you up using a horizontal surface like a table -> Pistol squats using a pole or some other vertical object, mostly for balance this time -> pistol squats with while holding something heavy in front of you, like a dictionary or something, once again for balance, but this time there's no room for cheating -> pistol squats

thanks. i'll try this.

i will try this too. i find myself losing strength at the bottom on account of ankles. had a sprain about 4 months back on my left, and its just never been as strong as my right.
even when running i feel it in my left after a few kilometers.