/plg/ - powerlifting general

Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General.

Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but all forms of strength training welcome!

>be kind to your friends edition

Post progress, PRs, meet videos, schmexy lifts, or anything strength training related!

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P-_gNDvxcr6iiXSXvW0AHkN5-xpulB1oAU-V8IXzXUY/edit?usp=s

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0NP-epeU10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sheiko Programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

All of the shoes described below are great, including the cheapest options.
Heel height is personal preference.

Remember to look for sales. They're very common.

Posting from other thread:
>give couch stretch a try after months of not bothering
Holy Jesus fuck that hurts so bad and my ROM is basically non-existent. Need to loosen up my hips, especially my right side. Besides rolling my hips, couch stretch, and banded distractions, anything else I should be doing?

Splits desu

How should I program those in/build up to them? Probably only going to be doing this stuff 2-3x a week, any more and my hips will kill me from soreness/pain.

I do side split stretches 3x a week on alternating days. Stretch until its borderline painful and hold for 30-45 sec for 2 or 3 reps before your lifts. Ive seen pretty great progress in just 2 months of this.

I mean, if you make the OP with something other than a nude pic of yourself I'd have gone to your thread and posted the useful links there.

But since most people want to avoid the threads with naked blueshoes as the OP, I had to make a new one.

And now 2 hours later user feels that for some reason we need an even newer thread even though as someone mentioned there's no one posting anything right now.

The community needs to stop being hateful towards each other and just learn to work together.
Or otherwise just die I guess.

Thanks senpai. How you been?

Been pretty good desu. Made the transition to the oly meme. How have you been

>Made the transition to the oly meme.
For what purpose

so as we start not being heatful towards each other can you help me with mixing bench in ohp day so I can do it my bench/ohp day

I know for a fact there are dozens of people checking the spreadsheets everytime they're posted.

So turn your caps off and stop acting like an angry child.

Not bad, Candito gave me decent gains for one cycle, then winter break fucked up the second cycle. Overall not too bad in terms of lifts, coming up on George's bench very soon, currently at 370 (tested)/270x6/470 (estimated). Can't wait to start Sheiko for lower next week. How long you been at the Oly meme, and what are your current lifts?

How have you been? I haven't seen you in a year!?

Because i aspire to be mediocre at two sports.
I just wanted to try it out, its kind of fun desu. I do miss the volume of heavy deadlifts though.

Fuck off
This thread is for people who train and compete in powerlifting. Which you have stated you have no desire ever doing.
fuck off

About 3 months or so now, give or take. And ive hit 115/140 so far. But my mobility is the worst, so theres that. Squat has been improving as well as my deadlift too. I keep wanting to just go back to sheiko. I was making such good progress on bench.

Hey Jacob ;)

Good reason. Carry on.

>Overall not too bad in terms of lifts, coming up on George's bench very soon

Ill probably end up back with powerlifting soon i imagine. Im not enjoying this as much as i enjoyed pl.

if you have to do 8rm with 80% on deadlift but do only 7 reps, than you have to do 3xt with 8rm weight you lower your weight or do this 8rm weight (you only got 7)

I'm literally in the prep period for a comp in april.

115 snatch is pretty nice for 3 months. Means your technique must be quite decent.

I mean you've done 325 in comp, and I'm almost certainly good for 315 paused at the end of the next cycle if I'm going to be doing 305 2x1 after a bunch of volume on the 3rd week.

Hello mystery friend

Mỹ stats are
Bench 200 5×5
Squat 320 5x5
Deadlift 875 ×5
Ohp 130 5x5
Row 175 5x5

What about you man? Gald to see you doing well

Keep the weight, do 5 reps.

You have to compete with my gym max of course, 340.

n-nnice deeeaadll--ift

>Ohp 130 5x5
DELETE

Can you post a webm of it?

Sorry 385

>Deadlift 875 ×5

>nearly 400kg deadlift x5

l-lad

I've been training for only 3 months man give me a break lol

cool, thanks for quality respond

deadlifting anything for more than 6 reps leaves me out of breath I have to make long stops between the reps and I feell like it doesnt count

>he fell for the row meme
My lifts are as follows:
Bench:mediocre
Squat:mediocre
Deadlift:Not enough
Ohp:almost adequite
Row:Kek

why didnt you get back into wl after the rowing stint? you never even liked bench iirc, so its odd you took up pl

DELETE THIS NOW

Any good Alternative to rows?

How have you not seen this

Are you literally autistic?

Its j-j-just twink strength

snatch grip deadlift or pullups?

Wait, I thought you were doing Nuckols'.
If you're not, lower the weight a bit.
Don't take too long between reps. A couple of seconds is fine.

One is nsfw, the other is sfw.

No one is posting underage boys tho.

As stated, snatch deadlifts/pulls or wide grip upright rows

I do pull ups currently is 3xf enough?

I've seen it before, just didn't remember whether the pause was decent or like the 200 eq attempt lmao

Quite possibly

>Twink
>Strength
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Wide grip upright rows
Rip shoulders

I nearly did! But when I came home from uni, I started doing snatches and turned the concrete under my 2" thick rubber matting to gravel. So powerlifting it was. And soon after that I was deadlifting 270 and I started thinking about getting a bronze medal at IPF junior worlds (it would have been a bronze in 2013 iirc) and so I stuck with it.

And wouldn'tcha know it, I did get that bronze.

Thanks for the support

I'm doing Nucklos but Greg didnt mention catching out of breath.

for eg. today

I managed to do 12RM, than move to 3x8 and one last set of 8 was soooo fuuuucking looong for me. Maybe Im taking to short rest beetwen sets? 3 to 5 mins for me. I feel like the longest rest in today session between reps was like 18 seconds, thats to fuucking long

It's all about doing a fuckton of sets with paused competition reps, low reps, and using moderate to light weights.

Train it a lot and it just becomes a natural thing.

If you try to go too heavy with this and go to failure on a bunch of sets while trying to improve technique...... you're just gonna get injured.

Keep it separate. The intensity and the volume training, that is.

You havent heard? Twink strength is the new hot meme. Ive dropped from 96 back down to 85 just for it.

in addition I can say that my setup takes long when I reset beacuse of 6'3 and t-rex like arms. Squating 15+ is not a problem

>Twink strength is the new hot meme
I know. All WLers are obsessed with cutting into a class where their lifts will qualify them for a national comp. It's bizarre. Tell them to go up a weightclass 'nah I'm not strong enough for that'

This is a guy who does 220/120/260 in his 2nd PL comp but has WLs of 95/115 at 85

You still living where we went to high school?
I'm in Afghanistan now and need a a good gym when I get back

>those triceps
>those forearms
>that chest

w-wew...

>120kg bench

Sounds kinda like me.

Leave before the tranny starts obsessing over you like she did to Alex

>snatch deadlifts/pulls
You're a fugging meme

No he should stay.
Stop. Doing this shit already drove Alex off. Fuck off.

Really really fat pullups

I moved to wlr. But theres a few good pl gyms here

barbell row vs snatch grip
neutral grip vs chin up
push press vs ohp
rdl vs sdl

which one

Memes are life isley, you know this

We should grab a beer when I back, i'll hit you up on Jewbook when I get home

well, the first two are very different lifts for different purposes.

I prefer chinup than neutral grip pullup

ohp over push press for sure

RDL over SLDL anyday. SLDL is a meme.

I didn't drive Alex off, we're good friends and we talked to each other yesterday even.

You guys are the people driving the others off by making a huge mess out of nothing.

So he has you doing 8RM + 3x5-6, right?
Then you can do what I said earlier, i.e. 3x5.

3-5 mins rest is good.
I would say 18 seconds is very long, because as far as I can tell the workout is supposed to be a set of RPE @ 9-10 with rep drops until you hit RPE @9-10 again. Resting that long means you're exerting yourself too much, kinda.
But eh, fuck it. Just have good technique and work towards not resting that long.

Merlin.

Oh shit. R?
Definitely let me know when you get back in town.

Also, no one is driving me off. Im here to stay for a while.

Yeah it's R, but alright bro it'd be dope to hit the gym together too, I'll talk to you later though

>5/3/1 not real program
I know it isn't a PL program, but come on. I'm sad now ):

You're correct. And this shit happens only on high reps.

For eg. today was 70% at 12RM and then 3x8 70% felt fucking hard.

But before I jump onto that program I was doing 5x5 80% and longest rest beetwen reps was like 7-8 seconds at the last set (it was last week)

Maybe im still overworked, didnt recover and shit like this happens (my plan was shitty ton of volume and intensity)?

stop replying to it

Trappy came in at a time where it was funny to tell people sheiko is the only real program.
She didn't know it was a joke, and clung to it as a means of trying to look good in front of the other trips.

Just ignore him her or whatever the fuck it is.

is just meme friendo dw
hyperbolic satires are funny

too bad some people can't seem to realise it. Poe's law I guess.

How many people that go to meets are on roids ? Can I win on a regional/national level without roiding ?

>SHeiko advanced medium load
>130 kg BP
Wants me to do 3x5 incline at 104 kg. What the fuck

>Can I win on a regional/national level without roiding ?

Yeah. Even break records if trying hard and being talented enough.

The app suggestions of weights for accessories is wrong. It's supposed to be % based of your max for the incline bench, not the actual bench.

Same thing for the good mornings, for example.

>Wants me to do 3x5 incline at 104 kg. What the fuck

It will be a percentage of whatever your max is for incline bench press

so setting up accesories I should test my maxes at perfect form in order to know what weights to hit?

1RM at RDL or Incline cool, but good morning? snap?

Basically just use moderate to light weights and keep it RPE 7.5-8.5

Thanks. Might have killed myself trying.

No need to test maxes, just start adding weight slowly until you reach a weight that you feel is comfortable and heavy enough.
Then next time you won't have to do it again since you'll know more or less which weights to pick.

And by heavy enough I mean not heavy at all. Keep it moderate.

dont 1RM any of those

maybe incline if you want

just estimate it based on what your best is for 5 or something like that. divide by 80-85% (0.8-0.85)

or you coudl just start at a weight you absolutely know you can do for the prescribe sets/reps, and just up the weight over the cycle until its about where it needs to be.

not sure how much incline bench shows up in sheiko sheiko, if its treated as a main movement and shows up often or something, try to get a decently well predicted max i guess

I dont know if im guessing it right but at my accesory lifts my main focus is form and tempo, if I nailed it I up my weights.

for eg. this is my pause squat on which I feel like I can up weights

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0NP-epeU10

Blueshoes is unironically a good coach

Sheiko indicates the suggested %s in the spreadsheet/app itself. It's most often 75 or 80%.
But they're just suggestions ofc.

>girl asks me to send workout pictures

W-where is virtus, please?

fuck off normie

First you're gonna need to lower those hips

That is way above parellel

Bullshit there are good gyms in lr

how do I stop back rounding.

I think it's just my upper back here. it's not that bad really...

Drop the weight and hit more reps with lighter weight to build a strong back

Break the bar off the ground with your legs

Brace harder

Wow that's so much weight it must be a world record? I wouldn't try to give advice to someone so much stronger than me

Get a stronger back.

I haven't come here since 2015(I think).
Let's get up with the memes.
Did supermong surpass isley?
Did he become the new Zyzz?
If no, is he in a wheelchair already?

Now blog update:

I got my femur replaced with a steel prosthesis. I came back to the gym today.
My squad is now 2pl8 each side 5x5 ):
I need a hug.

Back then some of you(CommuneGirl and someone else) asked me to post X-rays of the prosthesis and a pic of my deformed original fermur. I don't have a camera but I will try to take some photos and upload this week.

Good thing you didn't die :3
I was thinking about you the other day.

WEW

Please enjoy my low effort shitpost