Started dieting yesterday

>Started dieting yesterday
>Limited myself to one glass of Pepsi Max a day (slowly weening myself off it to replace with water & one cup of coffee at work)
>Eating cereal w/ milk at breakfast + some grapes
>A salad with fish/a slice of ham for lunch every day filled with various veg
>Dinners generally very healthy with some sort of fish/chicken/lamb/beef etc etc

This will generally be my diet for a while.

I'm going to be throwing in some hard boiled eggs into my salad for protein, and upping my milk content for protein.

Protein seems incredibly important but I am worried that perhaps I am not getting enough of it (fatty right now, looking to tone up)

I've ready the sticky rather thoroughly, but do you lads have any reccommendations to me based what I've written here?

Other urls found in this thread:

whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I've read the sticky
>Tone up
I'd recommend reading the sticky

You can't wean off soda. Quit it now. As in yesterday. Switch to something else sugary in the meantime to help with withdraw. I used cranberry juice - to each their own. Then reduce the juice slowly as it is just as bad for you, obviously. You can wean off juice. After you get off juice, never touch it again, not even on vacation.

You drink water or milk. Obey.

this
and this.

Also, if you make the mistake of eating too little, you will throw your metabolism out of wack and lose a lot of muscle which will further lower the amount of food you can eat. What I recommend is eating at ~500 less than maintenance and doing cardio so you can eat more. YOU MUST LIFT IF YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD.

>I've ready the sticky rather thoroughly, but do you lads have any reccommendations to me based what I've written here?

Some of my golden rules for good nutrition and diet:

>Never drink calories
>Two veg, 1 meat and 1 carb per meal
>Don't eat 95% to 100% of processed foods
>If in doubt, eat more veg
>Health fats from oily fish, nuts, seeds and avocado/coconut etc are often forgot

Other than that plan your shopping list based on this single page and you've got 95% of nutrition down

whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Also, sauce on pic?

you're 8 days late retard.

Generally my diet already consists of this. My major problem is Coca-Cola, which I have almost entirely eliminated, and will be after reading previous comments. So that's locked down.

Moving to water right now lad. I can survive without it.

I wouldn't say I'm eating too little, I feel that I've hit a good balance. Should I be calorie counting to find an exact measure?

This is my first full week at work after X-Mas. I felt it was best to coincide the diet with my work pattern.

This page has been a godsend btw, lad.

Check out Cube Cola or Opencola. I missed coke zero and diet coke when I stopped drinking sodas so I started making my own and I now occasionally buy Cube Cola syrup and make a big batch up with xylitol or erithytol

Yeah it's my go-to for noobs asking questions about diet

One thing I haven't seen on here - pasta.

Pasta is actually one major thing in my diet, yet I'm so confused as to whether this is actually helpful or bad for you. Play it safe and switch to whole grain?

>Should I be calorie counting to find an exact measure?

yes at least at the beginning. Are you sure you read the sticky? It sounds like you know nothing about dieting.

OP, don't try to count calories or eat far below maintenance. You should instead get rid of sugars and processed food as quickly as possible, do intermittent fasting, and lift.

It's pretty bad, particularly refined pasta because it's just white flour (nutritionally fairly similar to sugar)
Multigrain is also dogshit because they also don't contain the endosperm
Wholegrain pasta is a lot better but still easy to consume too much of.

Incidentally the west has a love affair with pasta because it's cheap and nasty but the italians actually only ever eat it fresh and as a side dish.

As a rule of thumb keep complex carbs to around 30% of your diet unless you're doing endurance stuff (marathon training etc) and most of that from veg. Too many grains and seeds are the easiest way to ruin a good cut

>Milk or water

THIS. I've been drinking nothing but milk and water for the past 3 weeks now, and I feel great. More active, more alert, and my skin is starting to clear up a bit too.

Just cut the soda out of your diet completely. You won't regret it.

whole grain spaghetti is very filling with excellent macros IMO. I agree with you on the nuts/seeds, only ever eat them on a bulk. Still manage to get in 2tb of peanut butter in my shakes while cutting though.

Fair, I'm probably overcompensating because I see so many people eating white pasta in the west when it's just empty calories.

I lost 18kg in 2016, I started in February after being diagnosed with a chronic kidney disease (that will never go away) and finished in late July, just in time to enjoy a good August as a slim person.

My kidney situation improved dramatically too, tests showed. There's no need for any concern, it just needs to be monitored (and I have to take a blood pressure pill every day for the rest of my life).

My diet was very relaxed, and in principle stayed the same throughout (a light breakfast at 9, a fruit at 12, small lunch with a lot of green salad at 14:30, a fruit at 18:00 and a very light dinner at 21:00) but my dietitian was absolute about three things from the start: no coke or other similar drinks, no white bread, no more than 2 alcoholic drinks per week.

So yeah, cut that shit out right now.

> He fad diets
>He eats the same lunch everyday
>He can't estimate the nutritional value of food for himself
Kek good luck to you resolutioner. I'm sure you'll make it. Just gotta eat the same lunch for the rest of your life. Simple.

I drink a mug of chamomile, mint and nettle tea as well. Feels even better.

Soda is fucking garbage and doesn't even taste good, if you can't quit that shit, you don't have the mental fortitude to get fit. May as well just give up and convince yourself you're happy.

Not sure on sauce vid but it's Samantha Bentley.