Noob here, should I lift after a day of rest if muscle soreness persists?

Noob here, should I lift after a day of rest if muscle soreness persists?

hit a different body part or lift through it.

>lift through it
I might be a little faggot, but that sounds awful.

C'mon. Don't be a faggot

It happens when you new. Take some pain meds and keep lifting. You should only feel soar, anything more you are fucking up your form.

don't worry the pain only persists when your resting the muscle and sometimes during the beginning of the contraction. you usually notice the pain is gone like around the 4th or 5th set

>take opiates to deal with doms

Is this bait?

>where does it say opiates?

think about it, you microtear your muscles and 1 day after when they start healing again u tear them open again, does that sound good?

2 day rest minimum, CNS recovery takes even longer than muscle recovery

split routine fixes this

split routine isnt for noobs tho, do ss or sl first and after u built a foundation u can move on to isolations

Dont "lift through it", thats retarded and could lead to injuries.

>split routine isnt for noobs tho
Every non-powerlifting routine is objectively for noobs. This 'building a base' bullshit is just that. I did a brosplit and noticed more gains just by having a better diet in 5 months than my buddy did with over 8 months doing SS. Pick high volume/low frequency or high frequency/low volume, as long as you get the sets in and do the work required you're going to have gains. No magic.

It might be a lactic acid, I've been wondering the same question, today is the lift day and I feel sore as fuck.

those are noobgains buddy, nothing wrong with doing a brosplit right away, having a foundation first will yield bigger results tho

sure they will. fuckin idiot

> ibuprofen
> opiates

Hit a different muscle group. If you have money buy some fish oil,turmeric, or any anti inflammatory supplement.

also noob here, been going to the gym and lifting sort of.

started with just heaps of pushups situps and planking, and moved to weights doing a range of different excersises.
went from 10kg to 17.5kg. finding it tough to move up to heavier weights and getting to my rep ranges. feel like my progress has stopped and my gains are insufficient.

I eat quite good, loads of grilled fish from work and plenty of protein shakes and other assortments of healthy proteins ( nuts eggs meat and whatnot )

Any advice on how to gain more size?
My goals are being able to do 30 wide arm chinups and a few muscle ups with stamina to do more weights following this.

completely self taught and i just prowl boards like this and youtube to read on what i can improve.

Teach me sensei

What you are experiencing is DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness,) which doesn't accurately relate to the length of your recovery period.

This goes away after about a month if you just lift through it. Eventually you will miss it.

You need to add more carbs. Carbs are muscle fuel.

More overall calories = more size gained.

so for example my average daily diet is a protein shake in the morning ( honey, oats, muesli, greek yoghurt, protein scoop, loads of water, mixed berrys and a banana)

Grilled fish and a salad at work, occasionally snacking on food waste which can be anything that a fish and chip shop makes,

Steak or eggs or tuna and crackers plus protein shake for dinners,

where am i going wrong?

Yes.
It actually improves by flushing the muscle with blood.

>think about it, you microtear your muscles and 1 day after when they start healing again u tear them open again, does that sound good?
>2 day rest minimum, CNS recovery takes even longer than muscle recovery
Bullshit.

It's just DOMS, can easily work through it. After a week or so you won't get it anymore, it's just a noob thing (or when you work a muscle group you haven't used in a while).

piggy backing ur thread as i also have questions and am noob.

Does anyone have any tips to help me train my chinup strength, i want to be able to do wide arm chinups with amazing control and have decent strength to do quite a few. whats my best approach?

Muscle is done repairing in 48 hours. DOMS outlasts actual muscle damage. It'll hurt less if you lift

Grab a banana or something before gym

i usually eat some sort of lolly and half a banana as a pre workout :D

I miss doms. I'd have to not work out for 2 weeks if I wanna feel it again but 2 weeks without working out is too long man.

Here are some adjustments you need to make the gains you desire.

Breakfast:
>Shake with 2 scoops, 400mg milk, banana (whatever the fuck else you put in if you desire)

At work:
>go to chip shop every day
>order fish, chips and a half deep fried pizza

Dinner:
>Steak/eggs/tuna that's good
>add pasta or noodles

2nd dinner:
>2scoops whey with milk
>pizza

so im not consuming enough for my muscle development?

A good rule to go by is if you stop gaining weight and/or strength, you need to eat more food. Usually carbs.

Your muscles need fuel to maintain themselves. So you need to continually increase your food (especially carb) intake as you grow over the years.

alright cheers for the advice.

I'm trying to cut while building some muscles from skinny fat though.

Hes trolling mate

>Don't worry about that. Strength and progress in the gym are more important.

Once your muscles grow bigger, so does their energy expenditure to simply maintain themselves. Which causes you to burn more calories per day, which is where the easy cutting comes in.

Cutting at this point while you have experienced a stall in progress will set you back at least 6 months.

Good luck though dude. You will go far. We're all gonna make it.

If you lift through it, after a month it will be gone entirely.

I'm not. If you think I'm trolling then you probably weigh >160lbs

Whats the best way to get my abs to pull through, just training them more intensly? or do i need to shred more gut fat? iv only got a little but its there

Or i started skinnyfat and made strength gains for ~8-9 months on a caloric deficit

For what purpose should he eat like a carb mongoloid and get fat this early

Eat a lot of carbs.

brown or white?

post isometric relaxation
helps me with doms so much
also ice baths