Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums

I found an old hard drive, performed a deep scan and managed to recover an old wallet.dat file from late 2010. Not sure how much (if any) btc are in the wallet, however I'm having trouble importing the wallet into Electrum to check.

I have no idea how to restore this shit since I can't remember if it had a password (if it did, I'd be able to guess it) but when I try to import it into Electrum, nothing happens. Not sure if its corrupted or not.

I have no idea how to use linux or any coding or w.e, so I can't use pywallet, et al. to recvoer the the wallet)

What do?

I think you need a wallet which downloads the entire blockchain.

In bitcoin core open the debug console and use the dumpwallet command to dump your wallet in WIF format.

You should then be able to import the WIF private keys into Electrum

>first thing on google

Send me the wallet.dat and I'll check for u.

[email protected]

If it's even slightly corrupted you're basically fucked because it will have messed up your hash. That being said, I wish you good luck.

LMK IF IT WORKS

14HzX8WBNEdLbexLQgTc9wV44sK2J8LrFR

option 1:
put it in
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Electrum\wallets
then if it is not corrupy, electrum should convert it to a new format and use it

option 2:
option 3:
PyWallet

option 4:
professional service

posting in potential glorious thread. Hi Mum

why do fags love to LARP over lost wallet.dat?

This isn't a larp, I seriously can't get this shit to open

Not paying you attention without timestamp of any kind. /s

Trying now

Will post updates

The pic in my op is of wondershare data recovery program deep scan results on an old toshiba hard drive that fucking buzzes when its being used

i don't give a fuck if you believe or not

let us know if you get it working and how much you find in there. i love when people come across old wallets like this.

>financial cuck detected

lol, no, ive already got millions of $ of bitcoin so it's fun for me.

more like millions of larps

> digits and color of id predict your future

You can prove it and make a poorfag happy at the same time.

15sx2iQbBzkiUzPbzzH1YMwsZqW6qrqLbR

Going to need some proof here.

1B3STRPbUFwAUM3aaJcB4ucvd9Qy8CQfuU

i'd love u forever

1AabGiUozFc79D6paau5Y58229aXujhe2J

Here come the spineless beggars

my b

Still can't get it to open. When I import the wallet, nothing happens. Literally nothing. No error, nothing.

Trying pywallet (again)

That's my que

1E6K9MbcvHVcEaReuyiMPqfkUpPEMFFeYT

i think i heard of a program that will scan through each byte and just dump each 32 bytes from the file, then you can convert those to compressed and uncompressed WIFs and then check if they have anything on.

i dont believe wallet.dat files were encrypted back then so you shouldnt need a password or anything.

and i hope you made a backup of it before trying these things with it.

Yeah I made a back up of it already

I think you're talking about Pywallet but I can't get that to work since I'm not at all familiar with linux or pyhton or anything non-windows, really

I've read about scanning a hard drive for key signatures or anything that resembles a key or w.e as well

Right now though, I just need to open the wallet.dat

open it with a hex editor and check it's not just all zeroes or something

>I've read about scanning a hard drive for key signatures or anything that resembles a key or w.e as well
Don't touch the original disk at all. Leave it powered off. Maybe take a full disk dump if you can. The keys might not be in the wallet file you recovered, but they could still be on disk.
(unlikely, but still)

nah, theres literally a script out there that would start from byte 0 and read bytes 0 to 32, then 1 to 33, 2 to 34, etc, and convert them all to WIFs, because if there are keys in there, unencrypted, then they would be found.

but that's a last resort if you can't get anything to parse it.

and that's just the wallet.dat file, you don't need to scan any other files because bitcoin doesn't store them anywhere else.

Hey man! hope it goes well. If you find a lot of coins send me 1 BTC and I will post here to verify that you are not trolling :)

1MQbh1rQg5RCNJt8Dk7aAvPiYeBWME83YW

Yeah me too :)
1MGWZgxHLekfFSfo2shYi8ZzmhxxX8PZxz

>Pywallet
pywallet might be a bitch to use on windows but i have used it easily on linux though. if you want to, try installing ubuntu on virtualbox and using pywallet on that. i can help with the commands if you want or you can just google it.

the command would just be something like:
>python pywallet.py --info --datadir=/home/User/wallet_dir/

or something

Can't you just download the normal bitcoin core wallet and import the wallet somewhere or place it in the bitcoin core installation folder or something?

even better download the version of bitcoin that was out when the wallet file was in use

like fucking vultures, it's pathetic, you don't even know if this guy has 0.001 BTC and you're already here with hat in hand. You should seriously kys

>only 0.001 btc in 2010
>these digits
RIP Veeky Forums

Roollinnfg

rip biz because I think begging is fucking pathetic? people have no pride whatsoever because they think a few words on an anonymous board require no effort so why not keep casting the line on the one-in-a-billion chance some dude does decide to give them some crumbs. I consider them the lowest form of humanity, I would hurt them beyond anything you could imagine if I encountered these types of people face to face - they aren't even human to me.

lmao

>I consider them the lowest form of humanity, I would hurt them beyond anything you could imagine if I encountered these types of people face to face - they aren't even human to me.