/plg/ Powerlifting General

>Short. Text. Edition.

powerliftinggeneral.com/

Keep. Short. Must. user. Happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r3yFYVKPIeRQbrNBnrvZ-fQCSTIxXeKDMwFYaGtwxt8/edit#gid=0
swoleateveryheight.blogspot.fi/2016/07/jacked-tan-20.html
discord.gg/F3b75Kg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there any case where jap grip for bench could be worse? Been experimenting with it, but I never had problems keeping my wrist straight to begin with so I'm not sure if I'm even getting anything out of it.

heres some attention

No. Unless. U. Nerve. Hand. Issue. Have.
Very Gud. other. that.

>I'm going to take something user said and twist it so much that I just look like an autistic child instead

>trappy repeatedly does thing that pisses off lots of anons
>hey can you stop doing that it's making people mad and shitting up the threads
>I'M A REAL WOMAN BACK OFF I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME GET OVER IT

Reminder. Olympics. Big evil.
Powerlifting. Gud.

Lowbar. Gud. Highbar. Gud 2.

Deadlift. fun.
illuminati.

maybe. me. having fun. instead???

scary how accurate this is

It's odd because I was looking in the archives at all your shit posting and part of one you said you weren't attracted to other traps at all.
So why do you insist on posting them so much?

big text.
fancy.
SCIENCe!
U WRONG.

hams do knee. kick. flop. forward!
in squatt. sitting ass. grass.

too. friend 4quads.

u no. understand.
me rite. always.

>maybe. me. having fun. instead???

Stop that.

Ok. :3c

anyways anyone ever run any GZCL programming?

Reminder to have fun, and be nice to people.

What you post is what makes /plg/.
If you want high quality, post high quality.

If everyone does their part, the community can recover and go back to being a place where people enjoy spending time in.

Don't take everything too seriously or too personal.
Try to help who you can, and respect other's opinions and points of view.

A successful athlete is built on a solid foundation. And to build a foundation you need to be able to hold your own ground and be stable.

If you really dislike someone, just filter them. It's simple and easy.

And remember that regardless of the program you choose,
or what you believe in,
remember to have fun and enjoy your time.

There were some arguments tonight, and I'll admit I was part of it and I kept feeding the fire.
But other than that, we had a good day.
Hope the next days only get better from here.

So I apologise for taking part in the shitposting tonight.
I hope we can be less divisive.
If we can't be acceptant, there's always the filter.

So work hard, and be nice to people.
Gnight~

Is big fun. No worry. Smart fun. Bottom out press? This words think. When lift big? Think small.

Didn't do that hot on it to be quite honest, but others have had good things to say about it.

do u mind not doing the tard speak
which program? results? critiques?

Did jacked and tan 2.0

Got jacked and my work capacity got better, but my squat barely improved and bench regressed. Not enough competition lifts is my main critique.

It's fun you dolt. Let me translate it for you.

When you're bottoming out on a lift, the thoughts you can conjure tend to be simple. I like the tard speech because it reminds me of that, you cow brained no fun dope.

Is it really that fun?
What does that have to do with what I asked

what's the name of the jap guy in previous thread

Thank you, even if I'm not running Jnt

>If you really dislike someone, just filter them. It's simple and easy.

This is not how it works. Filtering people only leads to more shitty drama, eg you and liht

?

Your needlessly irked state at the concept is fun.

>What you post is what makes /plg/. If you want high quality, post high quality.
Was irked because I didn't understand what you were saying, and then turned out to be saying anything

*to not be

Do you think that loss was due to being rusty/out of the groove on bench or actually losing overall strength?

Fucking talentchads

what

Fucking chad i swear

this is how to do the 3 main squat variations

THIS IS THE ONLY TECH ALLOWED HERE!!!!!!!

>tfw no traps

Me, and I love it.

Mostly because its so customizable and I have a very short attention span and it allows me to fuck around

You really REALLY need other hobbies other than shitposting in Veeky Forums

How do I kill myself

helium

I'll be honest with you friendos, I've been on 4chins for an embarrassing 11 years and have been lifting/on plg for 5. There has been no worse time for sheer quantity of shitposting on plg since trappy showed up. She started drama with everyone, and everyone fell into the bait and now we have the least interesting and helpful plg we've ever had. Trappy pls just don't give advice or shitpost, just lurk and post on /soc/.

I want to get jacked. I'm tired of being just strong. How do I jacked and tan 2.0? I look and look at the spreadsheet and understand nothing.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r3yFYVKPIeRQbrNBnrvZ-fQCSTIxXeKDMwFYaGtwxt8/edit#gid=0

Do I understand it right that on the first workout, I work up to a 10RM, then do 200x6x2, and then an AMRAP set with that weight?

aint this the truth

J&T2.0 isn't a BB routine

Trappy is pretty retarded. I fell for "trappy knows her shit" meme and asked her a bunch of questions and never did I get anything resembling a real answer. It mostly looked like "ask a question - get a retarded answer - try to clear up the answer maybe it's me who's retarded - even more retarded reply - but trappy, that makes no sense! - no you make no sense anyway I gotta go".

I have an idea, how about we just never respond to trappy ever again? surely then if everyone completely ignores him, he'll leave?

Real question, new here,
Why does it seem like there are so many powerlifters but america doesn't do so good in the olympics?

But the other guy said he got jacked on jacked and tan.

>Do I understand it right that on the first workout, I work up to a 10RM, then do 200x6x2, and then an AMRAP set with that weight?

yes. read the thing swoleateveryheight.blogspot.fi/2016/07/jacked-tan-20.html

Because powerlifting and weightlifting are two different sports and olympics and powerfeds are two different things?

Really though it's because all americans can do is eat burgers, roid and do retarded bodybuilding gimmicky routines (muh rows! muh chains! muh iron lyf! muh wsb!)

This is the problem with the states, all they can do is sell and market shit to massess (uneducated dumbassess) by taking cheap shots (sex sells lmao!) and then they go and buy their own dumb fantasy because they themselves are dumb.

>swoleateveryheight.blogspot.fi/2016/07/jacked-tan-20.html
For some reason this particular blog is banned in my country. I am not kidding.

What if you change the .fi to .com or your .nk

Doesn't help. Oh well I remember there was a very easy way to circumvent the block with Chrome's speed up function or whatever it's called.

Any American with the super power genetic to succeed at an Olympic level in weightlifting is going to just make 100 times more money playing in the NFL or some shit.

Also, we actively try to catch our athletes that roid, while Russia and China actively try to cover for them

Okay so the article says:
>Keep in mind that when performing max rep work always keep 1-2 reps left in your tank. (regardless of the tier)

HOW IS THAT AN AMRAP WHEN YOU STOP SHORT OF AMRAP AND DO AMRAP MINUS TWO REPS WTF REEEEEEEE

>tfw started lifting too late to do team sports

And even if they don't want to play NFL or anything similar... odds are they're going to fall through the cracks because the infrastructure for getting people into oly is basically nonexistant. No other sport would have to headhunt powerlifters to be their great hope.

Hi, question from kinda starter. Im currently doing Starting Strength novice program and I'm soon at end of week 5th week.
What I'm currently wondering since I think my lifts are gonna hit wall, how should I deload my lifts.
I read a lot information from startingstrength wikipedia, but now that its removed I should read whole book. And I'm gonna do it eventually.
I'm planning to stay on novice program as long as I can, after that change to maybe intermediate program. Heres my stats

Currently morning weight around 63kg.

Lifts
Squat: 97,5Kg
Bench: 65kg
Deadlift: 105Kg
Press: 45Kg.

Im currently incrementing deadlifts by every session with 7.5Kg load. Was thinking dropping it to maybe 2.5-5Kg.

But after first failures what should I be looking when dropping weights in each lifts.

Read the book. Seriously.

True. There is not a wide availability of decent weightlifting equipment. Powerlifting is a bit easier to get into, no need for expensive bumper plates just because you can now clean LMAO2PLAYT and don't want to blow a shoulder out catching it and lowering it slowly.

Also, while SO MANY COACHES can't teach a decent squat, bench press, or deadlift if their lives depended on it, America's coaching situation regarding weightlifting is even worse.

Powerlifters aren't a bad start for competent weightlifters, but powerlifters are ALSO the kind of guys who probably lacked the genetics and 40 inch SVJ to make millions in the NFL.

Just do Sheiko before the tranny tells you some meme program

Please read the whole book immediately. It will almost certainly improve your form, which will help you avoid stalling.

Also, unless you're, like, 5'2'' (158 cm), you need to gain at least 50 lbs. 23 kg if it helps you. That will ALSO help you avoid stalling. Seriously, if you're 180 cm or some such, you need GOMAD. And sleep.

It's a lot easier to not get stuck than it is to get unstuck.

Beyond that, once well and goodly stuck, drop the weight to 75% of what you were working with, and progress as normal until it really starts to push failure. Provided you actually gained weight and slept properly, at that point you're pushing the limits of novice training. A month or maybe two of "advanced novice" SS is a good idea then.

I think it's covered in The Book, but the short version is, 3x5 squats on Monday with the weight done on Friday. 75% squats on Wednesday, go up 5 lbs from the previous Friday for 3x5 squats on that Friday. Deadlifts on either Friday or Monday, Power Clean on the other, chin ups on Wednesday.

Don't recall what the pressing idea at that point was. For future powerlifting, maybe make the Bench programming match the squat, and OHP at 90% of your previous 3x5 weight on Wednesday.

Read the goddamn book

How's my form? Mid back feels odd.

1) Forget everything you've heard about SS
2) Read the fucking book

There's so much incomplete/wrong info about SS, about what Rip is saying, and consequently about training like holy fuck it's quite different.

Also it goes ss - ss advanced - early intermediate routine - ....

It started out well and then you went and dropped your hips lith

discord.gg/F3b75Kg

discord.gg/F3b75Kg

discord.gg/F3b75Kg

Sean free plg discord alternative

Keeping them high puts a lot of pressure on low back. Why should I do that?

Hard to see much from that angle, but it looks a bit squatty compared to normal form. Try bringing your stance and grip in a tad.

Also fully reset between reps, unless you've got a specific reason not to.

Stupid question, but why are you lowering the bar gently to the platform?

I actually have no coherent argument in favor of high hips but deadlifting with hips high isn't worse for your low back in any way.

Looks fine to me.

>Hard to see much from that angle
What's a better one?

>and grip in a tad.
What do you mean?

>Also fully reset between reps, unless you've got a specific reason not to.
Yeah, I guess I have to.

Well that's not what it feels like to me. Maybe I should just deload until my low back doesn't bother me anymore.

As opposed to dropping? Because it's part of the exercise.

If you mean the rolling on the thighs parts, it's because I'm a little bitch and are afraid to snap my shit.

Whats "bothering" even mean?
Is it pain or just tightness

That weight looked real light for you so deloading wont do anything.

The best view for a deadlift is side-on.

Most people deadlift with a narrow stance, barely outside hip width (basically the setup you'd use if you were going for a standing long jump) and arms just outside that (ideally you can get your arms basically vertical rather than angled out), so you get the shortest ROM and best hip positioning.

wtf? did he have a spazzam?

You look like your hyperextending your back at the bottom.
Squatting from the top and the bar lands on your knees.

Yeah, just tight right after the lift. I figured that's as much of a sign I'm gonna get before the snaptime.

>side-on
As in at 45 degrees from the face-on?

Wrt stance width, I'm using pretty much what you're describing.

>hyperextending
How do I fix that? More ab flexion?

>Squatting from the top
Should I break at the hips first?

>tfw you had your workout a little too late and you're alone in the discord
join me bros

Not too sure how to fix it, maybe you're exaggerating your chest up and shoulder blades together?

Yes break at the hips first, your shin should stay pretty well vertical.

>exaggerating your chest up
My cue is pulling lats in and back. Is there a better one?

There is a middle ground between lowering the bar slowly like a retard, and letting go of the bar (i.e. drop it)

This is correct

Not him, I think its very important to do the eccentric slowly in DLs.
It is a big part of the movement.

>Yeah, just tight right after the lift
You might be just too paranoid.

Back has to do a lot of work to keep your spine straight, so its normal its beat after deadlifting

>tfw too intelligent to try hard

Does deadlifting in oly shoes count as deficit deadlifting?

What wrist wraps do you have?

Which should I get?

A circlejerk blog like this can never be good

>falling for the wrist wraps meme
lmao do you also have knee sleeves and elbow sleeves?

Slingshot multi-purpose wraps.

I had a pair of elitefts normal wraps. They were great, but I lost them and don't really feel like I need a new pair until meet prep

190kg double overhand deadlift today lads
felt pretty comfortable, I held it at the top for a few seconds
went for 200 but it rolled out my hands as I broke it off the floor
Goal is to pull 220 double overhand by summer

doin. muh. best. the body. stronger than. muh soul.

hey trappy did you ever jack off in your whole life?

pls respond

hook grip?
if not then you must have fugging massive hands

No, double overhand
My hands (and wrists, actually) are actually pretty small for my height/size (6'3, 105kg). My grip is probably my strongest attribute though

I do have knee sleeves... pls no bully
Are either of those IPF-approved?

>Are either of those IPF-approved?
I honestly don't give a shit. If they call me out on it, I will compete without or take my disqualification.

The ipf is fucking retarded for limiting gear to approved brands.

It would be like Olympic track athletes having to all wear nike to compete when other brands are fine, but didn't bribe the ioc.

Pretty much every sport does have approved equipment lists though.

Which doesn't make it right. I protest with my pocketbook. I do lots of meets in alternative feds as well.

It's a hobby. Idgaf.

>Same squat with different back angles
>Tech
Nice back muscles though

wrist wraps makes my forearms look bigger ):