Callouses. Do you guys just let them be or try to prevent them?

Callouses. Do you guys just let them be or try to prevent them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=9OK-S3ZJZxQ

I eat them off my hands

He didn't explain the grip well, he explained why but not how

Calluses aren't an issue for me.

This.

If you get too much skin on your fingers then just use a razor blade or exfoliating stone to get it smoother.

I assume you deadlift 2x a week

Rip them off after dl session and creme hard so they recover for next workout

I thought it was pretty clear. what more do you need? anyway, he has a more comprehensive video, but I figured Veeky Forums wouldn't have the attention span for that:
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4

i used to get them, but i grip the bar properly now and i dont. try to imagine the bar hanging from the base of your fingers, not the middle of your hand.

I actually need them for pulling. My fingers go asleep in deadlift/rows/pullups. It's the only time I use them

Gripping with the base of your fingers just causes callouses at your finger joints if you're lifting more than 10 pounds.

I got them for like 6 months then they just stopped. Now i just have man hands

I had the same effect from a couple months of bouldering

yes, but those are easily manageable.
And they dont get as huge as those in your palms

If you don't have calluses, you either wear gloves or you don't lift.

weird, i can do 400x5 and havent had that problem yet. when can i expect to get callouses?

>cheating yourself out of gains by using nature's own gripping tools (hardened callous skin)

not gonna make it.

Let's be real. If someone is wearing gloves, they probably don't lift either.

>400x5
>acting like that's impressive

My hands use to be calloused the fuck out in my first few years of lifting.

5th year now, and I actually grip the bar properly now, my hands are smooth as butter.

Feels good considering I use to tear the fuck out of my skin constantly back in the early days.

And if you get calluses to the point of your skin tearing, you're lifting like an idiot.

They should be just thicker skin, if you break them and get those ugly yellow outgrowths it's your fault

You derps. You break the skin, and the stress causes it to grow back thicker, meaning it breaks less often. Not so different from building muscle.

I let them happen, but I do file/sand them down when they get too thick. Otherwise they start to get painful during certain lifts.

I snatch a lot so the skin between my thumb and index finger is starting to thicken up. I haven't gotten calluses inside my hands in years.

I like all kinds of impurities. Scars, calluses, birthmarks. So long as it's not gross, I'm crazy into it. I'm kinda a weirdo tho. So whatever.

When l get them l use gloves the next workout not to aggravate it, hands got used to it and l learned proper grip so l dont really have any problems anymore

why would i even give a shit, i'm not a girl

Yeah at some point they should stop breaking if your grip isnt retarded
I've had these since I was like 6 though so they must be quite hard

Just answer the god damn question you dyel tard.

Clap to prevent the blisters first and the callouses wont form as thick. They will still form but it will be a nice smooth under the skin kind of thing that won't grow

thats if you only deadlift 100 lbs which im sure you do