What do you think about this program fit?

What do you think about this program fit?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

- QTDDTOT
- reddit
- Hit the sticky newbitch.
Pick all 3.

I've been doing it for 6 months and I get compliments on my gains when posting on Veeky Forums

I've been on it for 3 months. I love the volume, yet I'm a beginner so still on noob gains

PPL ( like many other split programs ) has too much bullshit.

3-4 quality sets for any given muscle will give you 95-100% of your growth, 3 sets for muscles that respond to stimulation normally, 4 sets for muscles that lag behind.

So your routine would look like this, ran 3-7 times per week.

>Back Squats 3x8
>Flat Bench 3x8
>Chin-Ups 3x8
>OHP 3x8
>Barbell Shrugs 3x8
>Standing Calf Raises 3x8
>DB Lateral Raises 3x8
>DB Curls 3x8
>Skull-Crushers 3x8

3 sets might not seem like much, but here's how it looks over the course of a week.

Squats 3x8x140kg = 3,360kg

Run the routine 3 times per week = 10,080kg
Run the routine 4 times per week = 13,440kg
Run the routine 5 times per week = 16,800kg
Run the routine 6 times per week = 20,160kg
Run the routine 7 times per week = 23,520kg

Now compare this to running 5x5x160kg 3 times per week on a "normal" full body.

160kg x 75 = 12,000kg.

Here you see, running 3x8 Squats at 140kg 4 times per week, surpassing training 5x5 Squats at 160kg 3 times per week by 1,440kg total weekly volume. Add a 5th day with 3x8 at 140kg, and this increases to 4,800kg more total weekly volume. You will also recover from the 3x8 far easier than 5x5. 3x8 recovery is literally overnight, 5x5 is a little longer.

Lol stfu

What are you even trying to say here, you autist?

>autism

Wat

Why? I am trying to help you here.

1. The whole point of a split is to get lots of volume.
2. PPL volume is not quality volume

Say you have a LOWER day on the PPL.

>Squat
>Leg-press
>Leg Curls
>Leg Extensions
>Calf Raises
>Maybe some other lower lifts

Do you honestly think your legs are going to be able to continue to give you quality sets that will be stimulating anything? Now take into considering you wont be doing this for another 3-4 days.

>60-70% of your effort is put into shit quality sets that did nothing
>you can't train the muscle again for another 3-4 days

How effective/efficient do you think a routine like this is where your quality of sets is horrible, AND you don't even get to train the muscle often.

Am I stupid or are you not making any real points?

PRobably both

What would you suggest to go for then?

Point I am trying to make

1. A high frequency full-body routine with 3 sets per body-part is vastly superior to a PPL routine, in every possible way, form, technique, frequency, volume, recovery etc.

2. 3x8x140kg Squats done 4 times per week is superior to 5x5x160kg Squats done 3 times per week.

>r fitness

mate it's full of 40 inch waistline 10 inch armed pajeets who think bostin loyd is natty.

why the fuck are you even there? oh wait we know, cause you're a fucking retard that's why.

Literally basic math dyels. Hit the sticky newbitches.

What high frequency full-body routines are there?

Why do so many beginners want to do PPL these days?

>What do you think about this program fit?
It takes what's good about SS and dilutes it. It's not bad, just less efficient. People don't appreciate how well optimized SS is. SS throws away everything that does not contribute to maximum progress, while all these other routines find ways to put those things back in again.

I thought that SS is a meme.

Post gains on linear strength routine as recommended by fit
Get abuse
Quit lifting
Restart with ppl
Get compliments on my gains

Fuck you all

Thats exactly what I am thinking. All the people in know personally started on bro splits and look very good even compared to fits standards. All the progress from SS that gets posted here or on reddit doesnt look like much and gets torn apart.

SS is great for what it is, which is an extremely focused novice routine that adds a ton of strength and mass over a few months. the problem is people have heard about hypertrophy specific training, isolation exercises and all kinds of other other shit and think they need to do all of that from day 1. they would get better results if they were just a little bit patient, did SS correctly for a few months and then introduced more goal specific training.

Redditors.

>Get abuse
Close your eyes like nigga walk away from the computer
I'm convinced you are one of the kids who does SS for 3 weeks and is frustrated he doesn't look like Arnold.

>Falling for the meme program

Not me

I did linear strength training for around a year

I started at 125lbs and got to 170lbs

Ppl is also much more fun than pure strength training

It doesn't matter what program you do. Dyels make progress on most programs as long as your diet and rest are proper.

I find progress more fun. by the time you're getting bored of SS you should be almost done with the routine anyway. and if you actually complete the program you're more likely to be terrified of your next workout than bored.

>one of the kids who does SS for 3 weeks and is frustrated he doesn't look like Arnold.

It's actually a pretty decent routine. Not really sure why he has six sets of side lateral raises even after reading the comments.