gymnasticbodies.com/forum
antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs/videos

>Our very own Veeky Forums calisthenics king (unnoficially)
instagram.com/fedora_boi/

>tl;dr version?

Pressing/Planche Variations

- Pushups (Normal/Diamond/Pseudo-planche/Tuck-Planche)
- Dips
- Handstand Pushups (Elevated pike/Headstand/Handstand)
- Planche (Frogstand/Straight-arm frog/Tuck/Flat tuck/Straddle/Half/Full)

Pulling

- Rows
- Chin/Pull Up variations
- Rope climbing

Legs

- Pistol Squats
- Shrimp Squats
- Lunges
-(Hill) Sprints

Core Strength (First 4 should be held for 3-5 sets for 60s each with little rest (1-2 min) between sets. 30s sets are fine for L-sits and pseudo-planche leans). The rational for the short rest period is that these are basic positions that you should be very comfortable in.

- Plank Variations (Forearm/Straight-Arm/Pseudo-planche Leans)
- Hollow Body Hold
- Arch Body Hold (don’t do this if you have low back issues)
- L-Sits
- Dragon Flags
- Front/Back/Side Levers Progressions

>Safest Static Hold Progression
Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs
> www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrist Prehab
www.kitlaughlin.com/docs/wrist-mobility_bodyline-exercises_handstands.pdf

>Bicep Tendon Prep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Based Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC
library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pKMnv7eEsnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I removed the books section from the pasta since none of those links work. I'll get some other links eventually tho.

How do i stop falling forward when doing pistol squats? I have really long legs and it fucking sucks. Stretching?

Hip and ankle mobility is probably shitty, so yea, work on that.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread but thank you for posting these, I'm just starting out with this type of training, been bodybuilding for years so this is very challenging and different. If I ever make good results I'll post them.

(ib4 not gonna make it)
25 squats
5 pull ups + 3 assited
15 pike push ups
25 leg raises
15 push ups
15 horizontal pulls
45sec. plank

3 x 3 Week

rate, improve. comments?

Can this work without buying any stuff?

keep progressing the movements and you're gonna make it

How do you fall forwards?! Are your ankles hyper-mobile?

Keep doing them assisted but slowly ease off using the assistance

NP man. Drop any questions you got whenever they come up.

Strength wise you're not terrible, however, that routine is pretty shitty desu. Go on reddits bodyweight fitness and follow its recommend routine for a while.

You have to buy a pull up bar at least. Optimal setup is gymnast rings but a doorway pull up bar can get you by for the time being.

Amazon, 20 dollar pullup bar
Boom

ill go and check it out. Thank you user.

No problem at all brah.

damn cant wait to end college to start my routine again, was something like this
pushup, handstand, squads and Lsit for warmup
5xplanche 12sec
5x7handstand pushup
3x12 L-pullups
4x15sec back leaver
all of this exercises were progression variations, was proggresing really good, would recommend/10
You just need pull up bar and some floor space
>that feel when you can do something you couldnt last week

why am i so fucking weak in statics
bent arm strength is pretty okay, doing yewkis and handstand pushups now

but at statics im fucking horrible
>tuck planche
>tuck front lever
>tuck back lever
>tuck l-sit

how do i become better at statics?
currently im doing
>skin the cats
>arch body holds
>hollow body holds
>planks
>reverse planks
>parallel bars support hold
as my conditioning for statics
but still i cant progress in them fix me

what should one do as a skinnyfat 20% bf guy
6'0
176 lbs

I did a shitton of cardio to go from 206 lbs to 165 lbs but no lifting so i got left with a gut thanks to APT and scrawny as fuck shoulders

pic related is me in Sep 2015 after I went from 245 lbs to 170 lbs

What is my destiny? I want to do bodyweight for aesthetics and mires and to do fucking pullups

for planche try this. Sit in tuck position and try to just lift yourself for 1sec, like jumping but tuck planche. Shoulder stability and streanght sould increase very fast like this for 5sec planche. It took me about 2 weeks. Try like 3x10 "jumps"

For L-sit i guess you cant lift your ass of ground and lose balance, the thing is that you concentrate too much on core and not shoulders so much. ACTIVATE THAT SHOULDERS. They should be all the way down as possible. If you cant do that just put something under hands like books or some shit

Also if you can, read Overcoming gravity

Best Shit Ever!

Do ghetto workouts nigga.
Bitches love that shit.

You're about 6 feet tall. That means it's going to be a fair bit tougher for your then average height men.
That means slower but greater gains.

If you want body and mires just go lifting, BW is more complicated and prone to injurys if not done right
If you really want to train BW just start with simple stuff for 2months and read about gymnastics and progressing

>BW is more complicated and prone to injurys if not done right
Wow, you're fucking retarded.

Can second this. Overcoming Gravity is pretty much the bible of bodyweight training. If you find a proxysite for the pirate bay, it's still up there.

for L sits should your scapula be neutral or down back

am I?
damn

I can do a whole 4 (FOUR) pullups with strict, proper form, from my previous best at the start of the year of 0.5 pullups wow the effort

You'll get to the point where pull ups are too easy eventually. Keep at it.

should i bulk even though my BF% is still high?

wut how can you do handstand push-ups but not an l-sit.

I'm no where near strong enough to do a HPSU but can do a 15 second l-sit.

you probably just need to work on flexibility/compression drills.

Do whatever you want?

Absolutely not.

What's better this or the recommended reddit routine?

so cut? I want to put on mass but doesn't that mean i should be eating a bulk?

If you're already fat you're gonna get fatter which means more time cutting. If you're a beginner you can still put on mass while cutting.

That has a better progression.

i was doing 7 pull ups, stoped for a good 5 months and it went down to 4 to barely 5.

i do the warm ups and bodyline work form reddit
progressions from startbw

Bump. Don't let this thread die while I sleep.

i started doing what ever i feel like, atleast im doing a workout

when i follow a work out path i just get tired of it really fast , like 3 months in

so for now i just stick to doing whatever i can with my pullup bar and some weight cuz i have them from 2 years ago

still better than just sitting around shitposting of 4 chin

exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html

Compared to pullups and neutral grip pullups, chinups use biceps only as dynamic stabilizers and not synergists. Does this mean they are the worst of the 3 to build biceps?

starting this tomorrow, should I really only do it 3x/week? Further, would distance running 6/7 days interfere with it?

3x a week or every other day is fine, just give your body ample time to recover.
Running everyday should be fine, might take a few weeks to adapt to both though

is holding the top position of a chinup as a static hold for a while a legit way to train biceps?

should I hold off until I'm relatively secure in one before beginning the other, or is it going to be risky regardless? I started back up running this week and I'm pretty pitiful atm (struggling to do over 3 miles of hills at high 7 min pace). I feel like I'm asking for an injury going head-on into both, but if I can I'd like to for obvious reasons

Yes, but id say, its better to do slow negatives if you cant do the movement from start. Negatives develop more tissue damage than an isometric.

Started this routine like 8 months ago, cardio is good,but dont do it the days you work out, or do it after the routine. You will actually end up really tired. Rest days are essential, or ull end up like me and having tendon issues. Cardio is good, but dont over do it.

O yea, i would actually go to 3 x 10 as a max for an exercise, at 8 reps i usually didnt have enought strength to do 3 x 4 of the next progression with proper form.

Nah, I do like 3x8 chinups
Just wanted to know if I could hold the position as a separate static exercise to hit biceps more

I would just alternate cardio and workout days in the start, take a day off here and there. Then if you have the energy add in more cardio

alright thank you for your help, and apologies if anything I asked was obvious/self-evident

anyone got any advice for a rolled forward sholder? Its only my right shoulder and it makes workouts challenging fighting my shoulder to be in the correct position

I feel like my pushups are a bit unbalanced--my left shoulder feels like it's bearing excessive load or is somehow positioned awkwardly. However, I feel like I'm positioning my left arm the same way as my right. Any tips or ideas on what I should research to remedy this problem? I want to say shoulder rotation, but still unsure.

Those core exercise look rather advanced, are there more beginner level stuff I could do that could get me going in that direction?

unsure what you're referencing but heres some easier core stuff
planks + variations, hollowbody hold, superman hold
lying leg lifts to hanging leg lifts to toe to bar hanging leg lifts.

is it worth it to do pure scapular work? like scapular pullups, pushups, dips, and rows?

no fucking clue, I always fall backwards instead

Thanks for the input. I researched some progression videos on some of the more difficult exercises (like the L sit and Dragon Flags) that I'm going to start incorporating into my workout regimen. Also want to thank the OP for making this thread and hope I come across more productive threads like this.

doing rows with neutral grip is fine right? only way i can do em on my power tower

Hey bud, full foundation series working magnet link, 4 trackers up from 5, gonna seed for eternity myself

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

if you have no pull up bar or weights, you can use a table or a ledge if you are super poor

according to foundation, if you can 5x30s tuck planche, you switch to open planche, book 3+4, page 29 in PDF

>I want to do bodyweight for aesthetics and mires and to do fucking pullups
to get mired in cloth it will take a long time, even longer with BW

not sure if this will help, there are no actual L sit videos only more difficult variations, but this is from gymnastic bodies for Foundation series
youtube.com/watch?v=pKMnv7eEsnQ

before he lifts legs you can see his form

well, BW IS more complicated, you need video tutorials for correct form, there is also a number of different exercises that are different movements, lifting is the same (I'm speaking ofr main lifts) some people tend to get bored with lifting, because of how repetitive it is.

Foundation series is better, better progression

what is your height/weight? If you want to do bw, you need to reach your goal weight first, you can take the long route and just eat at maintenance (I do that since I hate bulk/cut cycles)

I started out messing around with different things as well, I like Foundation as it has 12week time for each level

eh, In my opinion, it depends what muscle you focus on during the chin up

Foundation series has training schedule for any number of days a week

too long

stretching and mobility, no good shit on youtube, superman holds with hands extended to the sides help, you just gonna need to add weight (hold dumb bells in hands)

only wayt is to take pictures or film yourself doing it, what push up variations are you doing?

yes, foundation series has progression for absolute beginners (think unborn baby level)

if you want to? I guess

thank you friend

Bump

Of course.

hey op i need a new routine with some progressions incorporated into the workout , i started like 6-7 month ago i can do a proper for muscle up 7-8 kipping muscle ups , around 30 dips and 25 pullups . so i dont know how to make a proper traning where i train muscles and also work on progresion on stuf like the human flag or front/back lever , handstands etc..

p.s. how does you routine look like op?

Download Foundation series here

>tfw bought one of these, the widest and deepest one there was, but doorframe is still too massive to hang it up on because really ancient yuropoor farmhouse
why even live

>farmhouse
>cant put up a notmal pull up bar somewhere
JUST

I"m doing routine and I'm not sure how to progress with leg raises. Currently I'm on pic (but with two chairs instead) and can do 6x6 with no effort. Problem is next steps are hanging raises and all I have is pullup bar in the doorframe. I think it is too low for raises, once I'm hanging and straighten my legs with feets on the floor, thay are already at 45 degree angle (or even higher).

My question is should I switch do doing them on pullup bar and go along with the progression?

You cannot even begin to imagine how brittle all of this shit is. Putting a normal one that you "force" into the sides of something anywhere would just have the wood splinter. Doesn't help that I'm 210lbs either kek

N.B. I'm still doing my pullup work elsewhere but it's suboptimal right now.

>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce
yeah i dont have time to read this much , and im slow in reading english and dont understand it so good , so thats kind of a nono for me

So it's good opportuninty to learn.
Also 90% of it is routines and pics/videos of correct form. You should be able to get through it.

It's better to make do with what you have, than not being able to progress. It doesn't matter much that your legs start at a 45 degree angle, since it beats not doing them at all. So yeah, do them on a pullup bar.

Ok, thanks.
I though maybe there were some alternatives, like raising legs higher or some other exercises. ALternative progression of some sort.

>yeah i dont have time to read this much
you can't read 2 lines about each exercise that tells you how to do it correctly? Then you didn't read this comment because it was too long for your subhuman IQ

I'm a non-native myself and it's really not that hard. Most of it is pics/vids and short descriptions and after a while you get by pretty swell if you're not too painfully dumb.

Also high chance of this being bait anyway so go fuck yourself in that case.

Any advice on flares?
I have the strength to do freestanding hspushups, and can do windmills. Its that kicking my legs up like a dancer motion that's wrecking me...

get pic related

Thought about it, will look into. Kinda risky because the walls are actual stones (not laid bricks) and drilling into those could wreak havoc, but I hate doing pullups on trees with a passion by now so I might.

Raising the legs higher is a later progression. Eventually, your feet should go all the way to the bar.

>it's a "my balance is shit while trying to progress to pistol squats" episode
not a fan of this meme desu

So if I stay on chairs and just progressively with another work out raise my legs higher it would be same as with the bar progression?

Only up to a point, plus it'll be much harder. If you stay on chairs, you'll essentially start working towards a V-sit. Raising your legs while hanging from a bar is different.
Either way, for the hanging leg raises progression, you really should do it hanging from a bar.

>plus it'll be much harder.
Yeah I know, I tried out of curiosity how high I can raise legs.
>Either way, for the hanging leg raises progression, you really should do it hanging from a bar.
I'm more interest in targeting certain muscles rather that exercise itself. As long as they target same groups (not counting arms for support) it's OK with me.

Use a doorhandle or something to guide yourself down. Just rest your hand by it and when you feel yourself tipping over, grab on. Your balance will improve in time.

Doorhandle option IMO is best.
I supportet myself with desk on the side at first, but once I had enough strengh to do pistols without support I tend to trip on the sides that I perviously held to support.

This is my routine:

L-sit progression 60sec
Hollow hold progression 60sec
Arch hold progression 60sec
Dips progression
Pistol squats progression
Pullups progression
Handstand pushup progression
Leg raise progression
Pushup progression
Rows progression
Plank progression
Side plank progression
Close-grip pullups cause I needed a 3rd pulling exercise

Is it too much? It comes to 2 hours, I do it 3x a week. It's pretty hard on my shoulders.

the progression is:

use a horizontal structure to push yourself up -> grab onto a vertical object to balance yourself and sometimes push yourself up -> hold a heavy object in front of you to balance yourself with no chance of pushing yourself up

It's quite a bit in one day desu. I'd take out the last 3 exercises if I were you. I used to do full body twice a week, and push/pull twice a week too. Worked decent enough.