QTDDTOT

NEW YEAR'S FAGGOTS READ THIS FIRST:

>How do I lose this weight?
eat less

>How do I gain muscle?
eat more and lift

>What? How do I do that? Do I need protein powder?
Read the goddamn sticky

Other urls found in this thread:

eatthismuch.com/
bulkfoodsdirect.com/Unflavored-Whey-Protein-Concentrate--10lb_p_9.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for making the thread switch OP. Very nice of you to post without having a question yourself

>>How do I gain muscle?
>eat more and lift

I'll kick things off with a dumb one.

By just eat more dose that mean it dosnt matter where i get my calories from as long as i have the correct macros?

it was on the last page, i wanted to link them before it got deleted.

>can't even be bothered to read the first post

christ almighty what a way to start a thread

Maybe it'll get more attention higher up:

BCAA supplements, do they make a difference or is it just a waste of money?

I don't give a shit about actually being strong, should I do high reps low weight or low reps high wait for aesthetics? My goal is somewhere between ottermode and ripped on this picture.

In-general I've never seen anyone on an intermediate or beginner level ever need them. I'd say they have a specific purpose that is generally covered by a typical diet.

not gonna make it

find another goal, you can keep your current goal, but find another goal

well i mean i also want to just generally be fitter, but will that not come from what need to do to look like that?

For chrissakes, it's even in the OP. Read the fucking sticky.

Micros matter just not as much as macros. You can definitely gain muscle on an all fast food diet...it just wouldn't be optimal or healthy

Mostly a waste. Extra leucine is good for vegans and seniors

I woke up this morning feeling like I was punched hard in the solar plexus. Every time I try to take in a deep breath or cough, I get a bad pain right below my sternum. Because of the location, I'm thinking it's a stomach thing, but I've been experimenting with food and turned out fine with them.

Anyone ever get this and have some insight into what it may be? If it's still around tomorrow, I'm calling my doc, but I was looking for some opinion

so recently I have been trying to get into a relationship and have received several compliments from low rated women (6/10 or lower) most ranging from mires, free food and one online who was very descriptive with how she wanted me to impregnate her. now I am aiming for a high rated woman but have yet to receive compliments from them. are they miring me also or am i not good enough yet?

is this a terrible idea eatthismuch.com/

i currently eat like shit (think poptarts, mcdonalds breakfast and processed lunchmeat sandwiches w/ wonder bread) for twenty years

this level of autism 15 posts in. a-fucking-mazing

Might be a pinched nerve. Really shit, but goes away after several days. Before taking painkillers you should observe and see a doctor if need be, like you said.

If you lift fasted or do fasted cardio it is a necessity

it's alright, but a better method is to stick to basics. Chicken, veggies, rice, oats, etc. Eating healthy means shit if you're spending more than you were on junk food.

Once you find a handful of recipes you can rotate them on a semi-weekly basis and get faster at cooking them. I usually cook 2-3 times a week.

rice is actually pretty overrated it's not very nutrient dense

potatoes are a superior carb source in many aspects

Sweet potatoes are superior to rice in literally every way

Alright Veeky Forums, first time purchasing a protein powder. Any recommendations?

The reason I didn't go that far is because there are some admirable qualities to rice. The cost, the long term storage (of white rice that is), the hypoallergenic factor, the culinary versatility

But yeah sweet potatoe's nutrition btfo's rice

No routine thread up, can anyone help me add a back exercise or two to this? When I last posted in a routine thread I was told that the lack of back would lead to weakness and pain later on.

ABxABx

DayA
Dumbbell Shoulderpress 5x5
Dumbbell Press 5x5
Dumbbell Flys 5x5
Bicep Curls 5x5

DayB
Dumbbell Squats 3x8
Lunges 3x10
Kickbacks 3x30
Pushups 3x10

(Both days)
Ab rollouts 3x10
L-sits 3x60
Planks 3x60

Myprotein hands down best value, google around and see if there are any deals on right now

Are these the right threads for uploading a video of myself lifting and asking form advice?

What's the best flavor of this stuff to get? Any flavor to avoid?

I fucking missed the new years comic, what was it?

Looks like you are working out at home. If there's no place to do chinups, which there should be if you have a door frame and can afford a chinup bar, your best option is the dumbbell row.

I would also replace lunges with dumbbell deadlifts, do more pushups and worry less about kickbacks, and add lateral raises/rear delt flyes.

I've had peanut butter cookie from them and liked it. In general, things with chocolate and peanut butter are almost always safe, vanilla is usually safe, it's when you get into the fruit flavors that things tend to be a tossup.

Yep!

Just google SIR comics, friend.

Cool, thanks.
I might just throw down the money for a chinup/pullup whatever bar, they were like $17 at Walmart. I'll incorporate all your advice into my routine, thank you so much!

>isolation with 5 reps
>no squat, deadlift, bench, press, chin-up
what do you think you're doing? read the sticky.

Soreness isn't a good indicator of hypertrophy. Ok. Is having my shoulders considerably warmer more than 1h after my workout a better indicator?

Is doing 3 sets of 5 or 8 reps okay?

And if you went beyond hurr durr read the sticky you'd go on to read that this is a home routine

I wake up at 4am and don't get the gym until 6 or 7pm. When would the best time to eat be for 16/8 IF?

Yeah, sorry. It's home gym. I'd like to grab an olympic bench with all the fixings, bar too, but that's out of my price range right now and I don't have any room for it. Going to grab a chinup bar for my door, though.

What bmi would Fight Club mode be? I'm 5'10" and 147lbs right now and don't know whether to cut or eat at a maintenance and recomp.

DO NOT SHILL MYPROTEIN

GET OUT

REEEEEEEEE

What is the time for a minimally bulged disc take to heal in the spine. I hadn't worked out since Nov 1st and still feel a little pain when working out

Is it normal for one side to be more sore than the other, at least at first?

Sure. Sounds a bit on the lowside volume wise though

Also can duck feet be correct if the knees face inwards when the feet are straight

What's wrong with myprotein? Lots of people highly rate them

Bro that's skinny, I would not advise cutting

they rate it highly because it's best value i.e. bang for the buck

the actual product is meh in quality and dog fart in taste

This guy works for Bulk powders

Never had issue with either

What do you recommend then

Not the guy, but I've lately been having ON gold standard and have found it nice.

ON gold standard is breddy gud, I myself have been buying unflavored whey in bulk for a while now though because I share with gf and roommate and both like it more.

>bulkfoodsdirect.com/Unflavored-Whey-Protein-Concentrate--10lb_p_9.html

You can also get 100lbs for $680 talk about sweet deals.

Am I supposed to feel sore in my lower back after squatting? It's not painful just tense and stuff, whereas I dont feel anything in particular in my legs.

Trying to do squats the way rippetoe teaches them using hip draaaahve

How's PES? They have a snickerdoodle flavor I've been eyeing.

SL or SS? I don't really see the difference between the two really, only slight variations.

Super gym newb here. Because of autism I need to plan everything out before I set foot in the gym (Signing up Monday!)

I looked over a 3 day a week Starting Strength example schedule, a Strong Lifts one, and a PPL one. What are the advantages/disadvantages of one over another?

(for example, a schedule where you squat every gym day vs once a week in a PPL schedule)

Should I start with whey or just skip with creatine?

5'11 142lb, looking to lean bulk. Is 100g of protein fine or should I really be shooting for 1g per body weight?

I believe SL or SS is better for beginners. You can't really go wrong with either one so pick the one that seems like the most fun so you're not as likely to quit

I really like this beginner routine

A
Squat
Bench
Row

B
Deadlift
Ohp
Pull ups

AxBxAxxBxAxBxx

From what I've heard, 1g/lb is a good rule of thumb but usually a slight overkill. 100g seems a bit on the low side though so maybe shoot for something in between like 120-130g?

shot up 15 lbs bench press weight in a week

the noob gains are real!

weight has stayed the same though even though i am trying to cut. should count my calories better. hope the weight was muscle.

good luck everyone!

Alright, I'll up my goal to 125. Thank you.

Do what Said and build your strength. If you are fat go on a cutting diet, skinny a bulking diet. Do this until you know how to lift better and then move on to a 3 day split.

is the 1g of protein per lb to maintain muscle growth a meme?

Can I still do .8g per lb if I'm not trying to be a powerlifter?

Perfectly fine

Bro thanks for the link. Shoutouts to a gf that isn't a princess about taste.

SS but you don't have to clean, but you do have to do chins/dips/lying tricep extension/curls

It's a bit of a meme because you actually only need 1g per 1lb of LEAN mass but people are too retarded to do a rough bodyfat estimate

I love the optimism in this post

Is beef as bad as people say? Should I just stick with chicken/pork?

It's not.

I'm wondering about the possibility of sharpening my jawline by working the jaw muscles. Is this possible, or a waste of time? What kind of exercises could I do?

jawzrsize

hilarious pic

Does anyone have a link for Overcoming gravity? I can't find it and can't use torrents. Thanks.

fuck you skip two meals and buy it from those savings it'd probably do you good anyway

Thanks for the protip.

How to improve your Deadlift?
>mfw i can squat 3 pl8's and barely lift 120 kg in DL

Several potential options to choose

Increase FREQUENCY

Increase VOLUME

Increase ROM (deficit deads)

Increase OVERLOAD (rack pulls)

Increase individual components via isolation

GRIP--FARMER'S
GLUTES--HIP THRUSTS

you get the picture

What's your current programming, what are your other lifts and stats (need to know your squat style), and where do you fail on the deadlift when you fail reps

Stats in kg
Ohp: 60X8
Squat: 130X8
Bench press: 80X8
Dl: 120X5
My routine:
Mon: Pecs, triceps & abs
Tues: Back, biceps & calves
Wedn: Stronglifts workout A
Thurs: Quads, Harmstrings, Glutes & abs
Frid: Deltoids & calves
Sat: Stronglifts workout B
Sun: Cardio (HIIT) & abs
Does this schedule is good?
I see some muscle gain these days with it.

When do you normally start to notice muscle gains? Been doing a lean bulk for the past few months and have put on about 7 lbs, getting stronger just no noticeable changes in the mirror yet

That extreme chocolate. Scoop in a half with 8oz of milk is like a orgasim. It's my only sweet shit left in my diet and swear too fuck I love it

Get them goblet squats in there. Shit is great. Really wrecks my legs. Note you will run out of weight quick doing legs. Better grab some 25s now since they are expensive buy 1 every now and then so when you get there you will have them

You're not digging into your heels enough. You should feel it in your glutes before your lower back. Work on your form and your posture.

I was contemplating between goblet or dumbbell squats and ended up on dumbbell. Should I be doing goblet instead?

What's my bodyfat %?

5'10"
173 lb.

My abs are flexed btw

Also, with some of the additional comments, I feel like DayA is being loaded up too much if I'm doing an upper body/lower body split. Would it be fine to combine back(lateral raises, rear delt flies, pullups) with my leg excercises?

When do you test your 1 rep max?

do you do it instead of a normal work set? at what point is it useful to do it?

when should I start lifting again, I'm sick at the moment

I been doing both but I don't know shit. For my legs I do goblets, squats calf raises and lunges last. Fucking lunges are deadly but I love the feeling I get from the goblet idk just check it.

Can I do SS if i'm only going to the gym 4 times a week max.? Some weeks I can only do 3. I want to buy the book but not if I can't do the routine properly.

I need to strengthen glutes
Howdo

Are the heart rate calories burned calculators the most accurate way to estimate how many calories I've burned both lifting and doing cardio? Or is there a better way?

It's 3 times a week dipshit.

Glue bridges, squats, lunges, kettlebell swings etc.

Thank you user

Is a 1500 calorie cut too low? I'm 180 and get a little less than 120 g of protein a day.

Whats the best way to recover from back pain? Had work on monday lifting 20 kg boxes repetitively and bench worked out that afternoon and couldnt even sit down for long periods for the next few days. Its friday now and i tried to squat but could feel my back getting worse. Is there a good recovery method thats not just ise good technique the first time?

Whats the cheapest way to get weight plates. Australian whose got a bench and squatrack from the curb and gotten a bar online with 20kg worth of weight for cheap but actual weght plates are impossible to come by cheap. Its like 60$ for 1 20kg plate

depends on your goals. i think thats probably a bit low, especially if you're trying to maintain lifts

How the fuck do I increase OHP. Shit's been stuck for a while. More volume seemed to work for my bench. Does OHP work the same way? Should I be going for like a 8x4 or something with the OHP too? I don't know if I have time for that.

From what I've read it seems a bit low if you're trying to keep muscle

Thanks, I may up it to 2000 day, adding in mainly protein, if 1500 turns out to be too much.

>3x30
>dumbbell squat
LUL?