LINK price speculations

Delusional faggots begone, this is not the threat where you throw numbers out of your ass using the "I wish I had 5 million dollars, hmm I have 10 links...could the price reach 500K per link...y-yeah I think it could, eoy!"

What are the possibilities of Link touching $1 anytime soon?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/historical/20160103/
coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170101/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Define soon.

Not going to get to $1 this year. Probably not going to get $0.50, either. I'm thinking it'll hover around $0.25 until end of the year...probably lower if the BTC fork goes haywire.

$50 EOY
$2000 in 2019

$1-$2 short term (next week) - then the moon gets filled with people fomoing into leading to $4 - CAP THIS

I'm slightly more optimistic. If there is good news in the coming weeks I expect it to go to above $.50, could be a dollar or two by springtime

You guys realize this is a dead cat bounce, right?

You used a paragraph to say nothing...what are you basing any of this on

If LINK flops, Veeky Forums is going to be the poorest board on Veeky Forums. So many of you fuckers fell for the memes.

>Define soon.
>Not going to get to $1 this year.

Well fuck, I was thinking soon, on the post-BTCG fiasco and pumping alts before closing in on Segwit.

LOL, its already 0.28 pussy boi/ STFU stupid moron..

now, Link will be around $2-5 eoy. Sergey is one of the few guys in the spcae who share Satoshi's vision. We will make it LInkmarines. Try to accumulate at least 1000 Link to retire next year.

>$50 EOY

KYS.

>$1-$2 short term (next week)
There's no way in hell Link will see that influx of money...$2 would be 7, 8 times the current marketcap...for that to happen they need to come out with some really, and I mean REALLY crazy news.

Define dead cat bounce. The pattern of Link tanking and going back up is literally the same as Walton, for example. Let me guess, "hurr durr chinese shitcoin also on the dead cat bounce" yeah ok.

Well, if it goes up by 20, 30%, many of /biz buyers (all time highers) will be able to at least break even...so I don't think your statement is valid.

lol fkn retard, must've sold your link at the bottom and priced out now.

put down the bottle, kid.

$0.60 eoy depending on the news and if it gets on another exchange.

I think it'll stay below $1 for a while and stay idle for maybe multiple years even but I still think LINK will become one of the big 3 coins next to ETH and bitcoin.

If you look at the bitcoin and ETH history you'll see that it also stayed idle at some price point for quite some time before having rapid adoption.

We are the people that bought ETH at the very start and complain about it not growing much within the first couple of years. I remember this phase as I was an early investor in both ETH and Bitcoin which I sadly both sold very early. Not going to make the same mistake with LINK though. Going to hold it VERY long term.

>lol fkn retard, must've sold your link at the bottom and priced out now.
STFU crazy bitch

Says the "$50 EOY" guy haha.

This is how I see Link performing - if it ever reaches;

> $10 - once in a lifetime lottery win, I would dare to say that's on par with being the guy who held ETH from the bottom up to $400 without selling, that kind of "lucky break"

> $5 - still extreme luck, and also could be filed under "once in a lifetime" break...although it could happen if Sergey displays some severe autismo and comes out with spectacular, mind-bending news that he deliberately kept silent about as the /biz shitted on him for not updating people on anything

> $3 - tap yourself on the back, this is summer ICO type of event and you got in on it

> $1 - hopefully soon, when they take care of PR/communication?

Depending in news and exchange listings, I think anywhere from .30 to $1.5 for EOY is reasonable. This is a huge range because anything can happen in 2 months. Anyone that says otherwise is pulling numbers out of their asses. That being said, we could definitely see $5 by the end of 2018, which would be roughly a 1.6 billion market cap. Possibly even higher, because again, anything can happen when we talk about these sort of time spans especially in the crypto-sphere.

so shortterm you're saying chainlink's marketcap won't even be able to surpass those of the dozens of vaporwave shitcoins that currently clog up the top 50? that's a pretty pessimistic outlook.

>surpass those of the dozens of vaporwave shitcoins that currently clog up the top 50

OK guy - what are those shitcoins you think Link should surpass by marketcap?

I hate these questions but if I had to answer all I could say is $10 sometime next year, don't know when though, probably Q4.

LINK's use case is so huge that if it takes off it there is no limit really. So 3$ ~ 10$ in that case. Think if we can completely replace the insurance industry and many other industries with smart contracts where ChainLink is a big player (along with some other oracles perhaps).

$0.6-$1 by eoy

$5 by Q4 2018

>completely replace the insurance industry

This is why I hate making this thread. You know that won't happen, right? Are you aware how serious your claim is? Replace the fuckin insurance industry?

Fuck...STOP DELUDING YOURSELF.

You need to realize that the very majority into cryptocurrency right now has ZERO technical knowledge. I mean literal 50 year old people that have "12345" as their passwords level of technical knowledge.

They look at prices and graphs and if they have seen the coin on the news or on facebook or not to decide to buy it.

Less than 0.01% of the market knows about the technicality behind coins at this point. Thus the market doesn't reflect how good the coin's fundamentals are. Instead it's a marketing/exposure game.

Sure we still have an edge because we can kinda guess which coins have a long term growth trajectory such as ETH on Veeky Forums and LINK now. But we can't actually pinpoint the timescale. And since LINK's exposure/marketing is based on a very technical premise that only 0.01% knows about with not a lot of exposure in any other way the coin is going to stay idle for a very long time until it suddenly booms and long time holders are millionaires.

I've been in the business for almost 8 years now and seen the slow decline of technical literacy in the trading space due to more and more normal people jumping in. And the market is becoming more volatile and irrational in the short term due to that.

>Less than 0.01% of the market knows about the technicality behind coins at this point.

I don't think it's THAT severe, but I get your point. But - I do have to say - despite the illiterate money in this space, it could work in "our" favor if Sergey comes out with a series of spectacular news and normie-shills start mentioning Link the same way they mention that fuckin pathetic piece of shit called Ripple which still rolls in massive marketcap, which is pretty baffling to me, how can a shitcoin sustain for that long in top 5 spot. Just goes to show the logic in this space.

>I've been in the business for almost 8 years now
What is your net worth?

and seriously How many people in the space share Sergey's vision ? have you seen his talks? This guy has a cause. The Devs are not money driven at all. Steve is also a very good guy. These guys will be HUGEEEE

BTC, ETH, XRP, XMR, NEO, ETP, OMG, WTC and LINK are the only coins that offer something useful. The rest is bullshit.

XRP? ETP?

>XRP, NEO, ETP

i understand you wouldn't want to invest in xrp or neo, but what's wrong with metaverse?

XRP???

Less than a million sadly. I tend to sell quickly usually before the true moon. Sold a couple of thousand bitcoin before it hit $5 and sold ETH when it crashed to $10.

I was also pretty impulsive at the start so I went on holidays with my gains and "have fun" because I was in my early twenties. Had some problem with the tax man as well cashing out $60,000 in one swoop which fucked me over and caused me to have to pay tax over the profit of my cryptocurrency (which was capped to 5% at the time but it was still a lot of money).

Right now I am about 80% in LINK holding the other ~20% in ETH to fund ICOs.

I genuinely believe that LINK will make me a multimillionaire though but it'll take YEARS not months like most people here seem to think. Keep holding it because it'll be the next ETH or bigger. It's the only coin in 4 years (since ETH) time that I think has genuine long term viability.

And I know it is a ERC20 token. But if you know your economy you'd know that the product built upon infrastructure is usually worth more than the infrastructure itself. This holds true in about every industry.

Google makes more profit than internet providers. Transportation companies owning the trains make more profit than the companies building and maintaining the railroads. Retailers of food make more profit than the farmers providing the food. Mining companies make more profit than the mine owner itself.

There is a chance that LINK will build upon the infrastructure that ETH has laid and become bigger than ETH itself. A lot of people don't realize this due to being uneducated on the economic front.

agreed. don't sell link if you can afford wait a few months..
$50 / $100 2 targets for me

Where do you see links price at long term?

>And I know it is a ERC20 token. But if you know your economy you'd know that the product built upon infrastructure is usually worth more than the infrastructure itself. This holds true in about every industry.

this, absolutely. it's probably mostly fud, but a lot of people get really hung up over the fact that this is MERELY an ethereum token, like it instantly ruins the whole project. so narrow-minded.

Think of it in terms of market cap.

With a billion tokens, ChainLink tokens go up $1 for every $1 of market cap.

Now, if you look a the unbelievable broadness of ChainLink's use case, you have to ask yourself "How many billions will likely be passing through this ecosystem?"

The answer is, of course, lots. How many? Who knows, but I could see LINK becoming as big ass ETH currently is now, which would put each LINK token at about $30. This is on a timescale of 3 to 5 years.

Why not higher? Bloomberg and TR will want millions of this.

>$50 / $100 2 targets for me

Jesus.......cringe. Fucking cringe.

I agree with your analysis generally, but am more optimistic than you about the price and timeframe. Yes, BTC and ETH did move sideways for a long time, but the crypto market, despite still being in its infancy, is a lot more mature now than it was a couple of years ago, with more and more money being poured into the market at a faster and faster rate. I don't expect LINK to have much trouble reaching $1 at all. Nevermind news, it can make it there simply because a rising tide lifts all boats.

Anything less than $1 before EOY would be somewhat disappointing IMO, unless the entire alt market remains in a bearish for the next two months, which I don't expect to be the case.

why?

is it so hard to believe im happy to wait a few months instaed of being a retard and jumping off a 100% win?

what's wrong with you pajeet?

>cringe
>...
go back

what did he mean by this?

If you unironically believe Chainlink can even touch double digits, let alone fucking $50 or LMFAO 100...you're the pajeet.

In fact, you're the most pajeet of them all, the utter gutter pajeet.

But the circulating supply is 350M. By the time they feel like releasing all total supply the token would have insane value.

Thanks for your explanation. Do you keep a blog or any medium where you write about crypto? I'd love to pick your brain.

This. Take a look at the coinmarketcap.com historical snapshots:
3rd Jan 2016
coinmarketcap.com/historical/20160103/
1st Jan 2017
coinmarketcap.com/historical/20170101/
Its going exponential

IF the team keeps their promises about improving communication, marketing, and getting LINK added on more exchanges, i can only see this going up after segwit is out of the way.

lol do some research before being a stupid cunt, pissed up user

or just even read wake up

Will you fuck off already? Your kind is not welcome here.

Stay deluded with your fucking wishful thinking.

>Your kind
LMAO and what kind is that, non-deluded? I already said, if you retarded faggots need money, you won't make it by factoring your fantasy prices on the coin you just married with. Just because you want 10 million fed-bux out of the blue, doesn't mean Link will grant you your wish by going $500 a pop, you fucking retarded faggot.

The reddit kind.

not wishful thinking, it's called doing research and understanding how markets work

whereas you just come on biz and annoy people with your stupid claims

i bet you are just another stupid developer who said eth won't go anywhere and you miss out ... you caption this now faggot, this is gonna go places. double digits by end of year for sure

>reddit

Pathetic. Also wrong. Also, you're still the deluded pajeet wishing for Link to become your out-of-the-basement lottery ticket. Hahahahahaha.

Sure thing buddy. I'll unload some of my Link to play with other shitcoins, since I don't need too many Links anyway, only 500 Links will be enough to "make it" (you use that meme don't you, you /biztard pajeet faggot)

Link will be "decentralized something something big word something corporation system oracle problem contract digital something" thus it will go for $1500 per Link.

The little 500 Link stack will be enough to get you on the other side towards a million. Wow so easy - "we gonna make it", retarded /biz pajeets!

>double digits by end of year

It's in the double digits as we speak, faggot. Matter of fact, there are THREE digits on Link's price already. Wow we already made it.

Who would've thought the little taiwanese cutlery gif sharing board basement dwelling neets actually made it, playing with magic internet money!

Also - check'em.

>denies he's from reddit

>spaces like this

This

has

to

be

bait.

>reddit

Amazing
argument
Wow
I
used
spacing
please
make
a
big
deal
out
of
it

Don't
let
me
distract
you
from
your
pajeet
dream
of
escaping
NEET
poverty
by
putting
$156
into
LINK
and
turning
that
into
million
USD
in
months

Good
luck
faggot
pajeet.

thanks

just bought 100k

im happy to see you rot poor forever user

kys

I think it'll hit $2.50 sometime in November and hover around there for a while.

>just bought 100k

I'll put a knife up my ass if you post proof of you buying 100K links, do it. I am not lying. Post proof of you buying 100K links now.

LMFAO, the absolute state of larping poorfaggots clinging to their daydream lottery crypto ticket, this month it's Link. For fuck sake.

without being rude, let me tell you what I did.

I screenshot your post and saved it and uploaded it on to my Google Drive so that I can repost it when we hit 10 USD in the coming few months. This is the only coin that will get ETH style gains. Watch and see my friend. Watch and see.

>I think it'll hit $2.50 sometime in November

OK I'll bite. Where did those numbers come from, why "2.5" (why not 2...or 3) and why November?

Since I have 7K links in my portfolio, I don't mind the delusion of ETH growth, it would be nice to see 4000% growth of my investment.

The problem with that is that it doesn't necessarily have to play out like that, despite all of my strong desires. Heck I would be happy with 2000% growth aka "half ETH". Gimme a quarter ETH growth I won't complain.

The problem is that all of these aspirations sound completely insane and seem to be based on emotion.

500 link = 1 million?
Fuck!!! All in bitches!!

chill its a pretty common meme

Digits confirm! Don't buy too many Links though, money can drive you insane, all the sudden POWER you'll have. Maybe go in gradually, 125 Links? Or maybe 250?

I think the price won‘t move much as long as it is contained to one exchange, this will probably change soon so now its a good time to accumulate more.
From then on the Price can only go up and its very hard to predict how hard this will take off.

LINK is a good investment, we have active devs, clear goals and partners. I really have no doubt that this will moon and I can‘t think of any reasons why it wouldn‘t.

lmao

Even the guys that dumped this days ago are checking the price afraid of being left behind. As disappointed they are in the communication they know that one announcement is all it takes for them missing out on retirement. A lot of the previous big holders are watching for it and plan to jump back in when that happens. I just that that's way too dangerous.

More than half my portfolio is LINK and I don't care if it goes to 0. I sleep well knowing I have my moon ticket secured and don't have to chase a rocket when I'm wage cucking away from home.

It's not though. Consider the use case

Consider that Ethereum's biggest gift to crypto and fintech as a whole is smart contracts

Consider how useful smart contracts are without off chain data

>Consider how useful smart contracts are without off chain data

I won't act as if I fully understand Chainlink potential - but I won't buy into "$50 per Link - BET ON IT" mantra as well, ffs.

I can do basic math and use it on marketcap. Geez.

$50 likely not. But consider those old screencaps where shills proclaimed ETH would hit $100 one day. I think a realistic expectation is between $0.30 and $8 in a year. I'm basing this on a marketcap up to 2.5 billion. NEO hit 2.5 billion based on pure speculation and hype so we already know it's possible.

>NEO hit 2.5 billion

i get what you're saying, but chinkshit is a whole different beast...

NEO rode high because it's gook coin backed by demented gooks. Don't see Link doing those moves.

aren't most neo investors western though? I think I read that somewhere a while ago.

I agree that LINK will blow up, but $10 in a few months is almost impossible. Have realistic expectations or be disappointed. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

The truth is, nobody can possibly have an informed idea of where this will go.

Premise 1)
The technology is genuinely impressive and shows considerable potential.

Premise 2)
We have no idea of the business acumen of the devs and their likely capability to roll the tech out and sell it on a wide scale.

Premise 3)
Nothing in the current pricing can tell us anything about where this coin will end up because the current pricing is entirely determined by the players who control the market.

Premise 4)
At the moment, we have no idea of how the actual economics of the token will work. The end-goal pricing structure and actual size of the market is completely unclear, so it's impossible to have any informed idea of how much of this unknown sized market LINK will capture and how much money there is for LINK to make.

I REALLY want to invest more in LINK because I think there is a lot of promise there but for anything more than a few hundred dollars it is a complete punt in the dark. If it does pay off for investors it won't be because they made a good investment decision on the basis of a solid analysis of risk versus reward because that kind of analysis can't even be sketched at this point. It will be because they guessed six and the dice then rolled a six.

Deluded LINKies jump ship now before its too late. How can this coin have a market cap of nearly 100MM when it has 0 revenue and no prospect of any revenue in future.
The filthy slav gypsy has fucked you over and left you holding his bags.

NEO was initially pumped almost exclusively on chinese exchanges. But toward the end of the pump it was held up almost exclusively by Bittrex and western exchanges, iirc almost 85% of volume was not Chinese. So if some random shitcoin can pump from 100mil to 2.5bil in a month, imagine what can happen in two or three years when the crypto market is vastly larger than it is now.

>100mil to 2.5bil in a month

Yeah but there was some news for Neo, forgot what is was, that caused the pump...something about government or some shit I don't know.

So in order for this shit to happen to Link, it needs to get on another exchange (lol at them not doing this already, ffs) and it needs some massive, and I mean MASSIVE news.

Regardless of price movements, Chainlink is a protocol that allows for other businesses to be created that could not have existed in their ideal state prior. This creates so much value. And don't forget, markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

We are beating our heads on prices but the real question is how to make the total crypto market cap grow. We are about 170 billion right now with 100 billion on Btc alone. When we reach 1 trillion chances are Btc will go 10x or so and all the coins and tokens that are not vaporwave will moon hard. Anyone holding a solid coin will make nice profits in fiat. The thing is we measure our profits in sats and choosing which coin can outgrow Btc in the long run is tricky.
I think Link and Monero are likely candidates to succeed in the long term. Thing is that if Link can't deliver or if it delivers too late it will be worthless.
These tokens are the prototypes that will lead to mass adoption and make the crypto scene grow exponentially.
Btc as a store of value ,Eth as a platform to create real use tokens, and tokens that solve everyday problems using blockchain tech (link?, nobody knows) seems to be the way crypto is heading.
Thoughts on this?

My thoughts are; since we're speculating on Link here, and since this is crypto, where 6 months feels/seems like 6 years, the need to deliver something novel FAST, because despite all the nice fundamentals of their project, nobody knows if there's another team, somewhere, working on Link but better, because this shit has no patents to that "real world" extent.

Some faggot can pop out tomorrow with MainChink, a CL competitor that may not even be better but is simply more aggressive (lol, extremely agressive!) and knows how to market better.

We can all agree Sergey and his people can't market for shit. In fact, if their product, if Chainlink, is as good as their marketing skills are pathetic, I'll sell my house for CL.

>We can all agree Sergey and his people can't market for shit.
That explains how they caught the attention of Swift last year and now have five actual banks as partners, and how they have one of the top Facebook people as an advisor.

By "marketing" you mean "pumping Chainlink so I can make short-term gains".

How is this any different than the threat literally every coin faces?

goddamn rebecca, do you have any idea how stupid you sound right now?

>Some faggot can pop out tomorrow with MainChink, a CL competitor that may not even be better but is simply more aggressive

That's something I've also worried about for a while...Then I realized, if they gain enough partnerships that it won't matter. If a big chunk of the market already works with smartcontracts.com, why would they choose some ripoff chink?

>hurr I'm a cuck therefore I'm scared of even thinking about giving the filthy jews run for their money
kys and sell your link now if you have any, I can already tell your hands are weak as fuck and you'll spoil the moon mission for all of us

>if they gain

if
if
if

>moon mission

>By "marketing" you mean "pumping Chainlink so I can make short-term gains".
Lack of reply to this makes me confident I hit the nail on the head

It's confirmed that they're already working with SWIFT, Barclays, BNP Paribas, and multiple other firms, no if.

No.

Confirmed? They did a DEMO for them.

A swiss pothead named Francois Isaac de Rivaz designed the first hydrogen car in 1807. In 1886 Mr. Benz invented the first automobile fueled by gas in 1888. Benz's wife used what was at the time extremely agressive! marketing tactics and went and picked up their children from school. Guess which one came to be the first commercially available automobile.

>They did a DEMO for them.

I'm not here to argue semantics, my point is that they have the first mover advantage, so unless they completely screw up their trials, those companies are going to be their clients in the future. Or do you think they'll say: "well, that was pretty good sergey, but these chinks that ripped of your idea have a better marketing team, so we'll be working with them instead, byebye!"

>Guess which one came to be the first commercially available automobile.

Yeah hurr durr but all REAL car connoisseurs know about RIVAZ...we don't fall for the pathetic mainstream hype "Benz" shit!!!!

Real recognize real!

If I recall correctly I think the Smartcontract page claims that they are sponsored by Swift. Perhaps it was a fake. But if it's real and it's still there why would Swift let some random dev to be associated with then? They would cease and desist their assets pretty hard. Then again perhaps it was fake