Are sandbags a meme?

My girlfriend wants to buy a sandbag to do home workouts instead of paying for a gym membership. Are these sandbags a meme? I guess it is cheaper than buying barbells and weights but....they look stupid

Gyms are a meme. Let her buy her sand bags.

They are a meme and as suspected your GF is playing right into them. Does she juice cleanse and have crystals everywhere too?

100% a meme I'm guessing your girlfriend also fucks black guys behind ur back too

Why not just fill a bag with sand yourself? Why do you have to buy it?

>Sandbag
Retarded just use weights
>Upright row
RIP rotators

No they work.

Any exercise that is strenuous causes aerobic and anerobic adaptations is good.

Anyone telling you otherwise without a good reason is either retarded or has something to sell you.

By the way, make your own sandbags.

I actually like sandbags, i speed load with them and its great aerobic exercise. great pump too, all the twinks mire when i do it

>RIP rotators

Where the fuck does this shit come from? Been upright rowing for 5 years now, not one problem. Just find a grip you're comfortable with, I use shoulder width... Never had a problem.

More functional than work with barbells/dumbells since the various grips, awkward shape and slight shifting of the weight better mimic most scenarios where you'd actually need to use your strength outside the gym. Also exercises stabilising and accessory muscles much more.

On the other hand
>You won't max as high (for the same reasons as above)
>It's a harder to progressively increase the weight. Since progressive overload is the core of muscle growth this makes it harder to consistently grow your muscles and strength
>It's much harder to precisely target lagging muscle groups
>Can be more dangerous if you're a retard and let shifting sand in a half-full bag fuck your tendons.

Overall I'm a fan but I use my gym's sandbags in conjunction with a traditional lifting program. Periodically throwing in a set or two with sandbags at the start of a workout means I get the benefits of working with an unconventionally shaped load but I rely on barbells/dumbells for the majority of my program.

> I haven't injured myself yet so therefore nobody else has

They seem good for carries or lighter atlas-stone style lifts to get all the stabilizers for your diddlies, but that's probably it. Not really something you can do a complete workout with.

resistance is resistance
that being said
fucking meme

Lads I've been smoking for years now and I have never once had lung cancer. I think 'smoking is bad for you' is just a meme 2bh

google scapular plane

Kek

they are an excellent conditioning tool and are also great for building an iron grip. In terms of building muscle mass, ehhh. Easier just to go to the gym.

>there is scientific research that supports this

>not paying for a gym
>paying for a sandbag
ok

weighted vest is better.

get a 30 kilo weighted vest, try doing pushups, situps, squats, pullups.

>a girl doing pullups with 30kg vest
Why are you so detached from reality?

Depends on what you want. Do play rugby or a similar sport or wrestle? This will help with those kind of sports

you should grab her in the sandbags and say "stop replying to meme posters"

this is the stupidest comment ever but you got a trip and dubs so fuck you

> accessory muscles

what, like a little bicep next to your bicep, retard?

please leave