I just found a btc address with private key on directory.io with 104btc. How do I make use of this?

I just found a btc address with private key on directory.io with 104btc. How do I make use of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

jaxx.io
directory.io/
youtu.be/S9JGmA5_unY
blockchain.info/nl/address/1QLauyV6CokL5DGNkcmJS6PQ8CMXLVgQ9J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1) no u didnt
2) if u are too dumb to import a private key and send coin to your own address u dont deserve it

kys

VPN. Send to shapeshift into monero. Send to exchange and buy DGB.

Enjoy. I once found 1.5 BTC, it's free money.

I just started going thru addresses with that amount of btc on directory.io, I will make use of it, just a heads up for you to be fair

Help me and I'll send 10 btc

post the address first

no, I don't want you to look it up and steal my btc

no you didn't.

You are full of shit.

Alright, you didn't find shit and you are too stupid to understand the cause.

I randomly clicked through the list on directory.io until I found something

k

How does directory.io work, anyway

shhhh.
Just play along. Just think about all the pajeets that are going to fall for it.

post screencap with blacked out private key and address faggot

protip you can't because you're full of shit

not sure but I think it tries to generate all btc addresses with their keys using random seeds

isn't directory.io a joke?

1.) go to jaxx.io and download that wallet
2.) when in wallet go to tools-> Transfer paper wallet
3.) paste private key and profit

My adress for helping u:

1BnwYC8HQC83Y3LABAeABMoMPYxGdkAbZk

thanks, I'll try this.
is jaxx.io safe? don't want my btc stolen

so 2nd page 16th down. Thanks

>Page 2
Larp concluded
5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreSxFeXHL 1CdQSbhYZmsY3ZWxyFnFdHggcU4ZCNHXDW 1BgXK1VnkLPGyTyfqCtvDpC8WVf9LsK5us
Empty, of course.

0 btc on that one

ahahaha you are literally retarded

retarded larp

you couldn't even bother to hide the page number. you chose the 2nd page too, even. wow.

the whole point of directory.io is that you can't do shit like this

Wow you're actually stupider than ı thought :thinking:

fucking kek at this thread. Kys OP

hahaha man you're a fucking retard kys faggot ass kid

We should spread FUD around that you can easily steal shit thanks to
>directory.io/
Maybe some normalfags will panic.

This guy gets it.

r8 my fud thread

it's been done already.

that site desperately needs a search function.

A private key is a 256-bit value, meaning there are approximately 1.1579e77 possible keys (There are about 1.2288e66 invalid values, but subtracting them from the full set of values goes beyond the precision we're working with here). 1 trillion = 1e12
1.1579e77 values / 1e12 values per second = 1.1579e65 seconds
60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day, approximately 365 days in a year gives us 3.1536e7 seconds per year.
1.1579e65 seconds / 3.1536e7 seconds per year = 3.6717e57 years.

But wait, there's more!

Each of those 1.1579e77 values will occupy 32 bytes of storage space.
1.1579e77 values * 1.1579e77 bytes per value = 3.7053e78 bytes of data.

According to WolframAlpha, there are approximately 1e50 atoms on Earth. Even if you could store 1 byte of data per atom:
3.7053e78 atoms / 1e50 atoms per Earth = 3.7053e28 Earths worth of atoms
Beyond even that: According to Landeauer's principle, at room temperature, the absolute minimum amount of energy required to store one bit of information is 2.85e-21 joules.

The mass of the sun is approximately 1.988435e30 kg. According to general relativity, 1kg of mass will provide you with approximately 1.7867e17 joules of energy (look for a mass-to-energy calculator if you want to double check this).
So we're storing:
3.7053e78 bytes * 8 bits per byte = 2.9643e79 bits of data
Which requires:
2.9643e79 bits * 2.85e-21 joules per bit = 8.44822e58 joules of energy
The sun will provide us with
1.988435e30 kg * 1.7867e17 joules per kilogram = 3.5527e47 joules of energy

Meaning we would need:
8.44822e58 joules / 3.5527e47 joules per sun = 2.3779e11 suns

So, if you could use the entire planet as a hard drive, storing 1 byte per atom, using stars as fuel, and cycling through 1 trillion keys per second, you'd need 37 octillion Earths to store it, and 237 billion suns to power the device capable of doing it, all of which would take you 3.6717 octodecillion years.

Better get cracking.

it would take years to search for anything on that site

literally millions of trillions of pages, and addresses are randomly generated, so there's no order either

Supercomputer in every city

hey smart man, i was wondering how does the amount of information we store affect the surrounding cosmos?

Kek.

If I had access to an address and private key, where would I go to transfer it? Like the paper wallet case?

noob here pls help

what is this site even for? since all of the wallets are 0 whats the point?

fun fact, it would take a supercomputer the size of the earth to create and hold searchable version of directory.io

>my btc

>directory.io
proof of concept i suppose, or maybe to make people nervous about btc

it was made to demonstrate how safe your address is due to the sheer number of possible addresses. but people are stupid and the website has largely had the opposite effect.

or to make people waste an hour of their life clicking random addresses. it's a little addictive.

>people
sheeple

>tfw you spend hours looking through directory.io to find a non-empty wallet

how retarded am I? give it to me straight Veeky Forums

You're much better off spending that time learning some basic python to make a script that does that for you a billion times faster.

>directory.io

What the fuck even is this site?

You would go beyond being the most retarded person in history, and I'm being extremely lenient here. See

KEK

Isn't there something like as many BTC addresses as there are atoms in the galaxy?

youtu.be/S9JGmA5_unY

Pretty fucking stupid. Good luck though

it's a huge publicity for blockchain

I'm confused. So... the keys and addresses listed on directory.io are legit but the premise is that because there are gorrilions of addresses you'll never actually find anything to steal?

Correct

Fair enough... but desu its still a bit unnerving to me that this can even be done.

why not just make a bot and have it check for the balance and have it run on the side

I felt like that too at first but really it's silly to worry about it. You are more likely to win the lottery 10 times in a row than you are getting your crypto stolen through a collision. It's just not going to happen.

That's assuming you have to go through all of them to find something, so if you end up finding something at the beginning of your search you won't have to go through all of them.

Still overwhelmingly unlikely, but not as much as the total number makes it look.

And if you're a pajeet-tier poor with nothing better to do, trying them for the thrill isn't that stupid (but still quite stupid nonetheless).

I am honestly willing to donate 1 eth to a pajeet who makes a browser extension for directory.io. So you can click a button in your browser and in the background it opens a random page with all addresses listed in new tabs.

It's like scratching a lottery card

But assuming you found a balance, how would you cash it out without it being traced back to you?

Send me some 6 - 7 btc.
1FjefNgiykkc67qyWEYvb8AL2pt4pCeD9r

shapeshifter.io to monero.

From monero to your favorite crypto and cashing

the chance of that is incredibly low that the heat death of the universe would happen before you found an address
If you actually found an address you should start praying to god, and reevaluate life

Just sweep it

14ANjYiWWaRJ3ZTkPVSnNpdXgxjgXUsZ37

you would need a full node realistically
but what are the chances you finally find one after searching for 17 years and it has 2000 sats on it? You'd probably kys.

blockchain.info/nl/address/1QLauyV6CokL5DGNkcmJS6PQ8CMXLVgQ9J

found one

As a reward can some one explain how to take the coins

>Supercomputes in every city

nigger this account has a negative balance.

>blockchain.info/nl/address/1QLauyV6CokL5DGNkcmJS6PQ8CMXLVgQ9J
That wallet is empty

0.10419399 BTC

why not just make a script that checks if the value is greater than 0. don't know much about nodes but theres nothing stopping anyone from that.

Again, it's for the thrill.
Lots of people play the lottery knowing that they'll never win, but that "what if" that's in the back of your mind that lets you dream about what you'd do if you actually won, is enough to justify playing.

the chance of finding one literally goes toward 0% because it's so low, you're wasting your time.

Do you idiots not get that there are bots scraping that website checking every wallet already? It's a slim chance anything will even be in one of them let alone you getting to it first.

Watch out with I found ''free private key'' shit guys. Sometimes it's bait into having you sign a transaction or a message which can give them permissions to your wallet. Don't fall for this.

who the fucxk would even fall for that

What's stopping the admins of the website from sorting their database by the address, an then automatically crossreference it with some list of known wallets with coins in them?

the raw size of the database you moron

physics and math

from their website:
>Q: All keys are generated on the fly, based upon the page number?
>A: Yes.

Playing the lottery is the same though, and extremely unlikely events can and do happen all the time.

Because it's not a database. It's all generated on the fly based on the page number.

>For page P, private keys with the value (P-1) * 128 to (P-1) * 128 + 127 are generated.

Ah, damn.
Thank you.

C-climate change is a hoax rite?

I don't get it... what is directory.io can somebody explain??? Could there actually be money in any of these accounts? Why are they public?

directory.io/faq

sorry I'm dumb, still don't get it. Is it possible to actually find an account with BTC in it?

You have significantly better odds of being hit in the left ear with a crumpled up jackpot winning Powerball ticket at 7:33pm this evening.

technically

but there are at least 3.50 so good luck

It's generating all the possible address/key combinations.

Since the number is so mind numbingly large people typically can't understand how likely it is to find an address with BTC in it.

It's more probable that the love of your life will walk through your door as you are reading this and proclaim their undying love for you. While proclaiming their love for you they also bring along the two other people you have most fantasized about and announce they will love and serve you for the rest of their lives.

That is basically a certainty compared to the odds of you finding a valid key/address combination with BTC on it.

Yeah but your chances are like nothing.
The whole point of the site is to show it would take more computers than there are on earth to go through them all and find one with money.