How did Chinese cavalry compared to other cultures throughout the ages?

How did Chinese cavalry compared to other cultures throughout the ages?

ex:Han China vs Rome

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirrup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataphract#Hellenistic_and_Roman_adoption
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5g3e55/how_was_cavalry_used_in_japan_during_the_sengoku/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I give it a chink/10

Of all the ching chongs, Chinese are the most rat faced, fish faced, slanted eye, short dick chinks

If a Chinaman tried fighting me with his little kungfu sword I'd blow his yellow fucking Jackie Chan head off with my 12 guage.

FUCK ASIANS

>Rome
>Cavalry
Literally everyone was doing cavalry better than Rome. Romans admit to this even.

fuck off back to /pol/ or /int/ if you want to shit post about nationality, you're shitting up this board.

Not much difference, they would both be recruiting Huns.

What said.

Both Rome and China ultimately were infantry-focused armies. The cavalry they had were largely light, melee cavalry who did not have stirrups nor performed shock roles initially.

The difference between Rome and CHina is Han China had more cavalry expertise due to the hiring of Nomadshit people, in addition to having to fight Nomads all the fucking time. As such earlier than Rome, Chinks had shit like horse archers and heavy cavalry in the form of Cataphracts by the time of the late Han period. This led to a local cavalry expertise that really just wasnt present in the height of the Roman Empire as Romans kept on relying on non-citizen auxilias for cavalry. Ironically it was only in the Byzantine Period that Romans started having reputable cavalry of their own.

How come they managed to beat back the Thessalian cavalry during the battle of Heraclea then?

why do you hate anyone that isn't white so much? Qeez, I thought we left such reptilian brain responses in the stone age .

Are you defining Roman cavalry as cavalrymen who were Roman or cavalry in the service of Rome?

I’d say the former was practically nonexistent in the late Empire

Roman cavalry were bad

The Late Empire WAS the time Romans had their own cavalry that was not auxiliafaggotry.

You didn't even answer the question. Stupid retarded goy.

Are you retarded?

Cavalry of Han dynasty were mostly light cavalry with some auxiliary riders recruited from nomads similar to late Roman Empire, what Han had but Rome didn't is they had large numbers of mounted archer and mounted crossbowmans since they had to fight against the Xiongnu and other steppeniggas far earlier and longer than Romans. China also used stirrup earlier than Rome, but Romans had adopted Cataphract unit earlier than China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirrup
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataphract#Hellenistic_and_Roman_adoption

However, during Song dynasty (960AD~1276AD), China lost most of their horse-breeding provinces, so the numbers and quality of their cavalry were greatly reduced. Late ERE period also had similar issue.

> How did Chinese cavalry compared to other cultures throughout the ages?

Not that good for most of their period, they only got decent during the later decades before their fall.

They usually relegated their cavalry to skirmishing and could not really produce good heavy cavalry at all.

It is only after the Han that the Chinese develop what we would call cataphracts and actually use armored cavalry to frontally engage the enemy,

> Literally everyone was doing cavalry better than Rome.
> Romans admit to this even.

This is only during the Republican times, not the Imperial period.

Rome recruited a fuckload of eastern horsemen into their cavalry during the imperial period.

> and heavy cavalry in the form of Cataphracts by the time of the late Han period

No, the Chinese did not have cataphracts until the 4th century AD.

First of all, Chang, I'm Levantine. Secondly, fuck Asians.
I answered the question I think. Chinese are shit. They can't beat anyone.

I've got a funny one for you:
What's the difference between a Chinaman and a bucket of shit? The bucket of shit isn't a slanted eye, shrimp dick manlet rice patty Jew cuck. And both are shit

Levantiine is a round way of outing yourself as a jewish bigot

How did Ming cavalry fared against jap cavalry during the imjin war?

They were among the first to start using precursors to the horse collar and solid saddle tree.

They had a lot of experience with the Xiongnu steppe peoples.

Zhang Qian expanded the silk road and brought back new breeds of horses.

However the Han also still used chariots in warfare as late as the three Kingdoms era suggesting they were still using the smaller breeds of horse for some reason.

I would say in the late Han era their cavalry was a shade above that of the Romans.

Were there ever direct Ming to Japanese cavalry battles in the Imjin War? I've not read anything that spoke to any significant cavalry arm for any of Hideyoshi's invading forces.

Based on what knowledgable Ming/Imjin War anons here have said as well as the Ming military blog, the Japanese infantry didn't fare particularly well against Ming cavalry (at Byeokjegwan or Jiksan), and lacked cavalry tactics/coordination/experience/technology vs. their foes on the mainland.

The samurai fear the tofu warriir

The minuscule amount of horses for the Korean campaign were just mounts for samurai and other important figures. Furthermore,given the Western Japanese origins of the invaders they were most likely mounted infantry not cavalry.

Byeokjegwan was a fighting retreat for the Ming who had less than 1/6 of the enemy while Jiksan saw the Japanese routed off the field.

I read somewhere that the Samurai never did have real cavalry of any sort and that horses were mostly used as battle-taxis by warriors who then dismounted or as archery platforms.

Shut Up shitskin

The Japanese didn't use cavalry in that war. By the time, their armies used mostly yari and guns.

I think that most battles in that war were sieges.

Only the Hojo and the Takeda had shock cavalry that fought like continental forces consisting of 10-20% of the total army.
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/5g3e55/how_was_cavalry_used_in_japan_during_the_sengoku/

The first Ming expeditionary force on the other hand was at least 70% cavalry/mounted infantry. They were hampered by the mountainous Korean terrain and a plague outbreak that killed the majority of their horses.

not really rome had great cavalary, just in their auxiliary ranks and not in their main legions.

Did they couch their lances

Deprivation.

Yes very.

>what are Cataphracts?

They literally copied it from the Parthians.

s