Has there ever been a group of people that went from being masters of mathematics and humanities to this sad state they...

Has there ever been a group of people that went from being masters of mathematics and humanities to this sad state they live today? Everything they do now brings nothing but shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians#The_Qarmatian_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Hilal#History
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Fields_Medallists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_poetry#Pre-Islamic_poetry
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Islamic_Arabian_calendar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incense_Route
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_pre-Islamic_Arabia
britannica.com/topic/history-of-Arabia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru#Economy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Greeks

>being masters of mathematics and humanities
They've never been masters of any of those.

They conquered the richest provinces of the roman Empire (Egypt, Mesapotamia) and profited from their brains and wealth until it one day just dried up.

I forgot about them. Greek's relevancy nowadays is just migrants going there

So they're just morons from the beginning? They're literally a waste of air then.

wypipo:
>masters of the world
>2018
>need i continue

The greeks
India, though they are very slowly coming back, in terms of contributions to maths at least
West africa
France

>So they're just morons from the beginning?
They are based on Nomadic raiders.
They conquer some riches from others -> live in decadence until riches run out > conquer next riches

That the cricle of how Islam spreads.

> went from being masters of mathematics and humanities

Arabs in Arabia were never anything aside from nomadic beduins with some cities along the coast.

In fact, while the Arabs outside Arabia and the Persians were doing science, this is what the Arabs in Arabia were up to;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qarmatians#The_Qarmatian_Revolution

=

"The Qarmaṭians instigated what one scholar termed a "century of terror"

"in 906 they ambushed the pilgrim caravan returning from Mecca and massacred 20,000 pilgrims"

"Under al-Jannabi (ruled 923–944), the Qarmaṭians came close to raiding Baghdad in 927, and sacked Mecca and Medina in 930. In their attack on Islam's holiest sites, the Qarmatians desecrated the Zamzam Well with corpses of Hajj pilgrims and took the Black Stone from Mecca to al-Hasa.[14][15] Holding the Black Stone to ransom, they forced the Abbasids to pay a huge sum for its return in 952."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Hilal#History

=

" Abu Zayd al-Hilali led one million Arabs into North Africa"

" Ibn Khaldun noted that the lands ravaged by Banu Hilal invaders had become completely arid desert."

...those are the shitfuck Arabs that were always about shitfuckery, unlike the Arabs that left the area during the first caliphate and managed to civilize themselves outside Arabia.

Guess you can say that as what happens nowadays. Arabs in Arabia have oil but they're wasting it and are still uncivilized. They'll just destroy themselves in the end.

Arabians are the subhumans of the Arab world
The Islamic golden age was a thing because of Levantines, Maghrebis, Iraqis and Persians. Arabians never evolved

>france

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Fields_Medallists

>Arabians were always,shit
ironically they werent that bad before Islam. Werent they semetic?
Also does anyone ITT know what they mean by "Arabs"? That can literally mean Saudi Arabia or any of the Arabic speaking regions like Jordan, Yemen, Bagdad, Syria, Iraq, or U.A.E

Greeks, Persians, Indians

>are still uncivilized
Not him and not even Arab but what is civilization to you, how are they not civilized?

Arabs were even more subhuman before Islam. The fact that Mohammed, a misogynist slave owner, has greatly improved the position of women and slaves in Arab society should tell you a lot about how utterly savage pre-Islamic Arabia was.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

>arabians never evolved
>everything is civ 5 advancement
>utterly savage
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_poetry#Pre-Islamic_poetry
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-Islamic_Arabian_calendar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incense_Route
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_pre-Islamic_Arabia

educate yourself and then you can opine on the subject

Well first off, Islam is more than just Mohammad and you can call almost any historical male ruler misogynistic and to some degree a pedophile (depending on your country). I'm not defending actions im just saying dont be the teapot.
You're forgetting it was a big part of other middle eastern areas in general including the ones you mentioned that did well. Like Christianity, Islam as different sects.
You may be right though, in terms of vastness of civilization. I thought you meant in terms of culture. Can you give me sources on actual culture that you saw was apparently exteemely oppresive? they seemed to average to me.
All I see is what user posted about bedouin and caravan trader nomads. It's important to note that not all of them were nomads. Some were some weren't. britannica.com/topic/history-of-Arabia

Isn't that all basically Persians who were running into Islamic roadblocks and opposition to learning until they were more integrated?

Yeah, this guy is right. The islamic world was no more friendly to people like Avicenna than Catholic Church was friendly to Galileo.

Civilization where our social and technological standards have advanced and are on par or better then everyone elses. I sometimes hate where I live but at least I'm not living in an Arab country
>Social laws that stifles a person's potential
>Extremist religious ideology that produces nothing but brainwashed cunts with little to no cultural progress in terms of humanities
>Their culture is one of the most consumerists ones in the entire world which is what they're known for the most.
>Can't even learn their own language properly or read books in Arabic because of so many dialects and shit school planning
A lot of Arabs I met were literal manchildern that would do anything to be lazy. They have to be handheld by the West to not fuck anything up

Monopolies kill development. The muslim culture declined after they found out they can just live off taking tariffs from the europeans, and it absoluetely died after they found out they can become filthy rich by selling oil to them.

the thing is, we all have social laws and practices the stifle a person's potential. Some are just more pronounced than others. As for religion lagging progression, one can argue that happens with Christians to a degree, just a lot less than before since,we no longer have such blatant theocracy. When you separate Islamic church from government/politics, shit actually gets done, just like Christianity. What is needed is a loosening of the hold that Islam has by the book politically. Luckily it's on its way slowly.
>consumerist
like most of America?
>Most of the ones,I'VE MET
stopped reading there.

At least the United States can boast about all the tech companies and innovations they have. What does the Arabs have? Nothing.

Everyone desu. All civilizations get JUSTed eventually.

>West Africa
>Ever being anything but shit.

Official JUST nation rating:
1. Greeks
2. Egyptians
3. Indians and Iranians (Tie)
4. Chinks
5. Italians
Arabs don't place on it because they never had anything to JUST in the first place.
The 3s and 4 seem to be making a comeback though.

>falling for the islamic golden age meme

They get JUSTed but go back on their feet eventually.

>linear history
Does anyone think the global order will remain constant for the next 500 years? Things change very fast.

Read the talk page. Even in the talk page people acknowledge the Wikipedia article is basically full of shit islamophilia.

The Islamic "Golden Age" didn't really exist. Every single major "islamic" philosophical or scientific figure was considered a heretic apostate at the time and either exiled or put to death. They weren't even working on Islamic texts, but off the backs of Greek, Persian and Hindu texts.

>A lot of Arabs I met were literal manchildern that would do anything to be lazy. They have to be handheld by the West to not fuck anything up
My cousin always has crazy stories about how wildly incompetent and emotional almost everyone in Saudi Arabia is. It sounds like an odd place

>Kids who were under a strict family for all their lives now can do whatever they want in a foreign country
>Almost all the teachers there don't give a shit so they give good marks so long the kids don't annoy them too much
Is it a surprise that this happens? Though I do admit some Saudis manage to get their shit together way more then many people but they're like 0.5% of everyone I met.

you missed the point of my post...it's like it flew over your head. I won't bother though.
this is clearly just am emotional hate thread with all discourse and reasoning kept at minimum. Fine, have it.

the greeks currently control the largest merchant fleet by deadweight tonnage in the world

it's only a matter of time. Let's just wait and see before making judgements. Eventually they we become less theocratic and then they will get some sense again.

Registered in Greece but Greece don't control most of it.

Greeks are like every player that invests in sailing and religion on the tech tree in Civ.
>relevant early/early-mid game
>shit late-mid/late game
everytime

Nope, actually controlled by Greeks, Greece comes 8th when in comes to registered under its flag I believe

Am I correct in saying it was entirely the mongols fault?

No, the islamic world was already intellectually dead by the time the Mongols invaded.

I know this is Veeky Forums but what happens when Saudi Arabia and Iraq run out of oil? Or rather, has any large nation/empire completely depleted their biggest resource(s)?
Saudi Arabia spends a shit ton of money playing catch up to the West and Gulf states, and the royal family (numbering in the 30,000 range) spends extravagantly. Last year, the hier prince bought a $500 million yacht on an "implulse buy". Also related, every Saudi lawyer and engineer I have ever worked during my time with Schenker with reeked of incompetence so I can't see how they can sustain themselves in the business world without oil money.

>educate yourself and then you can opine on the subject
I think he was talking about women and slavery, mostly.

Egyptians

t. Egyptian

Islam did help purely incidentally by creating a large empire that gained possession of such an array of ancient texts from diverse places.
But you folk are right in that the tenets of Islam had nothing to do with the success of these scholars, and in fact led to the suppression of them and their discoveries. It's also not fair to say that the "Golden Age" revolved purely around rediscovering ancient knowledge. The Muslim scholars did come up with some groundbreaking ideas of their own, like algebra and algorithms, off the top of my head. Also, as others have said, pretty much all of the greatest scholars from that time were Persians rather than Arabs, with the exception of Averroes.

>Italians
On what basis

It's not a large nation but
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nauru#Economy

Though I don't think the comparison is helpful, considering Nauru wasn't sitting on a powder keg of religious fanaticism

It was really just a stretch to get to 5 to be honest. But really, their comparative cultural relevance has really fallen since the middle ages. While still relevant regionally, and probably the most relevant nation in Southern Europe, they just aren't the birthplace of Europe and new cultural ideas anymore.

>Islam
>Masters of mathematics and humanities
Hahahahhahaha

Someone might have the screencap of user predicting a glorious mess of a civil war with god knows how many sides using state of the art weapons almost exclusively used by mercenaries.

Yes the mayans after their cities beign destroyed and anyone who could read was hanged and burned alive by the spanish

Hydrogen engines have already been invented, the only reason we're not implementing them is because large oil companies won't allow it.