History is written by the victors

>History is written by the victors.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/news/2016/aug/18/uncovering-truth-british-empire-caroline-elkins-mau-mau
theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/18/britain-destroyed-records-colonial-crimes
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/24/mythologies-about-leopolds-congo-free-state/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it's definitely not written by the losers.

It is though. History, or the superficial history that normies are taught is full with silly "good vs evil" stories where, (((coincidently))), the good side always has something to do with the current status quo of said society.

Deep history inspection might show otherwise, but it's evident that the major impact that history has on a society is in it's simplified version that is taught in high school and in pop culture, and in those aplications, it's undeniably political.

You sure about that, senpai?

Who wrote the history of the fall of Roman empire?

>history is written by the victors so that means whatever the opposite of the victors say is true

Say thanks to nationalism.

Le (((triple parenthesis)))
Aren't you a redpilled fellow.

History is written by the victors, but it's wrong to assume that simply because someone is a victor, they will fail to represent what happened accurately.

>history is written by the losers

this is why written history was a mistake

History is written by historians

But history that most of the world lears is written by whomever is in power and in such a way as to justify their rule

As ratm said, 'who controls the past, controls the future, who controls the present, controls the past.'

Funny that you posted that with that image, because that's exactly what the feelshitters have done. They've wormed their way into internet culture by spamming themselves over and over and over and over and over until everyone finally gave up and accepted them, then they proceeded to rewrite history so that they're now seen as a central and integral part of internet culture and totally not a vile and horrible cancer that's slowly killing everything good and decent.

>historian is written by historians
Fucking epic bro /r/askhistorians is so fucking based its the ONLY good sub on Reddit holy fuck I fucking love it we should all fucking go there holy fuck I love Reddit

>WW2 has just ended
>Stalin, Truman and Atlee are gathered around a table
>write down what just happened on mutual agreement
>history is now written
>this version of events is now enshrined in the history books
>literally nobody is ever allowed to challenge this
>historians write books dealing with particular details but it is all sticking to this one narrative
>oral testimony, documents, any sources are all twisted to fit inside this narrative

>Oral testimony, documents, any sources twisted.
You must be confused, that's what Stormfront does.

>animeposter literally defends Stalin
I can taste the soy

>Narrative about WW2 is the same on both sides of the iron curtain

Fuck you on about nigger. Stalin was a putrid manlet who deserved to die in his own piss, when did I defend him or even demonstrate fondness for him.

>Calling out Stormfront equals defending Stalin.

yet there was literally hundreds of nazis after the war who wrote books and told pretty much the same thing or offered the same details about war crimes. the only big exception is HIAG. don't you think the hundreds of thousands of functionaries would also try to get their truth out? no widespread movement was ever made to spell out a "truth". in fact, the HIAG actually generally accepted in public that the holocaust happened, they'd say otherwise to their kids and shit but that was so people didn't look at them like the fucking boneheaded scumbag retards they were.

I was being sarcastic, evidently I'm not very good at it

leave, brainlet

That's partially true because of the presented focus. If you look at the 20th century you get a shitload of historic sources about the evil power Germany and USSR, both operated camp systems leading to countless deaths.
Hardly anybody knows about the British concentration camps in Kenya though.
theguardian.com/news/2016/aug/18/uncovering-truth-british-empire-caroline-elkins-mau-mau
It is well established the Britain destroyed a shitload of sources to make themselves look better.
theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/18/britain-destroyed-records-colonial-crimes
History is used propagandistically. And that surely is a prerogative of the victor.

>hehe look at this guy, using a popular Veeky Forums joke on a Veeky Forums post. can you believe this guy? Amirite guys?

Neck yourself, contrarian faggot

You forgot one major factor there:
>No one cares about niggers

Wow, I could shave my balls with your post. So edgy.

History is scripted and managed by TPTB.

actually, history is written by historians

a descendant of one of the barbarian tribes that felled rome?

There's nothing edgy there, though. Atrocities in Africa and colonies in general are anything but well known.

Even the herero genocide commited by the "losers of history" is omitted from common knowledge.

>herero genocide
- check 4archives Veeky Forums for "herero" and "mau mau". One genocide committed by Germans, one committed by Brits.
- compare results
- see what I mean

You do have a point. You barely ever here about the atrocities of the Belgium Congo beyond the occasion thing here and there.

The Romans who remained in Italy whom the Goths decided to live in peace with?

With the direction society is starting to take nowadays, I don't think we should be using "ironic" xenophobia anymore, since it's being used way too much as a smokescreen/shield for unironic Nazism.

Could that have to do with where you are from? Say the "losers of history" being forced to work on their own shit leading to a higher percentage of generally knowing about atrocities while "the winners" know the normie stuff and that's it?
Being German I certainly know about the holocaust, heard about Geramn atrocities in Africa, especially the Herero genocide and also about Belgian atrocities in Congo. Learned nothing about say the British made famines in India or the Mau mau uprising and all the horrors that came with that.
Picking your own nose seems okay, criticizing bongs for doing the same thing is not.
It is okay again when it's against the common enemy USSR and its gulag system.

Thucydides was a Spartan, right?

>Say the "losers of history" being forced to work on their own shit leading to a higher percentage of generally knowing about atrocities while "the winners" know the normie stuff and that's it?
Well, the winners got multicultural revisionism forced into their education, so here's that. Brits got their share of guilt.

>criticizing bongs for doing the same thing is not
Why do you think so?

>Learned nothing about say the British made famines in India or the Mau mau uprising and all the horrors that came with that.
Mau Mau uprising was too small to make it into popular history books. About British India, had you even learned about it's colonisation or about the Great Game? Have you learned about the wars in Vietnam (not talking about the one with Burgers)? The "colonisation" of China? Why should a German care about what happened in colonies, when it never was a proper colonial power?

My favorite was when someone posted the absolutely ebin Alternative Hypothesis ‘debunking’ of the Congo Free State. I never thought anyone would be stupid enough to write Congo Free State apologia, but I didn’t factor in the infinite stupidity of the alt-right.
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/07/24/mythologies-about-leopolds-congo-free-state/

I remember that thread. Fucking blast to read such delusions. Leopold dindu nuffin, he a gud boi.

>accurately
No. The victors are not always wrong, but it’s a bit of a stretch to say they represent the events accurately

What the fuck is a feelshitter

You do realize that Jewish communities are some of the most xenophobic groups, right?

>poster makes a good point backed up with sources
>hurr niggers

Do you have any self awareness on just how despised you are around here? It's fun to bait you, because it exposes your shallow intellect when all you can do is respond with buzzwords, sometimes not even full sentances, but occassionally I do wish you'd step back and take a look at what you are doing with your life and perhaps see a doctor. It's not your fault.

Accurate doesn't necessarily preclude being biased.

Is unironic Nazism wrong if Jews only get gassed ironically?

No, he's trying to point out that on the whole, nobody really cares about Africa. There are plenty of atrocities committed by colonial administration (then later committed by native leadership after colonization ended) that you simply don't hear that much about because unfortunately Africa just isn't seen as relevant as say Europe or Asia.