Who made the greatest OTP in history?

and why was it Napoleon and Josephine?

>Upon encountering a particularly lovely Josephine at her toilette (a “vision in misty-white, with curls spilling out of a golden circlet”), Napoleon kissed her shoulders and asked her why she was looking so beautiful. When she sweetly said that it was only because she knew he liked her in white, Napoleon replied, “If it was to please me, you have indeed succeeded,” and kissed her again.
(one of many, many cute moments)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_and_Pythias
napoleon.org/histoire-des-2-empires/articles/napoleon-et-les-scientifiques-1-1779-1798/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After the battle of Austerlitz, Napoleon wrote to her
>Today I have defeated the combined armies of the Holy Roman Empire and the Russian Empire. I am a little tired.

CHAD
H
A
D

Josephine having Napoleon sitting on her lap with her arms around him so picture related could be painted, Is still one of the cutest things

>3d women

The Japanese guy and his dog

Adolf and Eva

>she cuckolds him anyway
>then gets raped by an austrian soldier

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>straight back german shepard

those were the days

Source on that last part?

Raped by an austrian soldier ? Explain yourself ?

Well, post 1799 she was prime waifu

Probably something user came up with, when visiting Nap, the austrians suddenly arrived and she had to flee and hide in a ditch. Nothing about rape

>Upon finding out about Josephine's affair with a young officer, immediately prioritizes inviting said officer's own wife to dinner and beginning an affair with her.

Idk man that's pretty much the most alpha way to react to infidelity.

Was Napoleon a genius? I mean did he have a high iq?

I don't think they had Rick and Morty back in his time so my bet is no.

Eidetic memory, he was autism tier

Difficult to say whether he was a genius, but he definitely had a high IQ. He was excellent at mathematics and extremely well-read. He also had an astounding memory and was able to devise battle plans on the fly very proficiently.

one sided, but Franz Josef and Sissi,
dude really was infatuated with his difficult waifu

Napoleon was brilliant. Look up his ideas on evolution and space.

Napoleon and that teenage English girl was a better couple.

The one on St. Helena? Disappointing that he didn't fuck her. She was a qt.

do you think they had something going on user? From what I've read they seemed more like bros

Any fun BrOTPs?

>The Emperor was to become the Balcombes neighbour. He stayed at the Briars Pavilion where East India Company visitors used to stay. In the year 1815, the name Napoleon would have brought fear to many children but it was not long before he and Betsy had become the best of friends even though Betsy was just 15 years old. They spent many hours in each other’s company, and in one instance, it is said that a bull chased the two of them! Despite the vast age difference, the two clearly had a lot of fun. On another occasion, Betsy threatened to attack Napoleon with his own sword, all for the sake of a laugh. No man would dare to have done this, let alone a child - but Betsy did, and Napoleon did not seem to mind. He loved to tease her and delighted in seeing her get angry.
>tfw you'll never be a peasant on St. Helena, befriend an old Napoleon and spend the days listening to his war stories and have fun doing peasant things

Why even live lads?

>Upon encountering a particularly lovely Josephine at her toilette
As first I imagined this meaning something very different until I remembered that wasn't what toilet meant back then.

What did it mean?

In the 18th century, toilette was your "getting ready for the day ritual." Dressing, washing yourself, having your hair done, makeup, etc. Women would sometimes receive guests during certain stages of the toilette, usually after they had been put into dressing gowns so their hair and makeup could be applied.

Alexander and Hephaestion, depending on how you interpret their relationship.

I think all leaders have high iq, even the worst

Isabella and Ferdinand
Henry II and Alienor
Jusitinian and Theodora

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damon_and_Pythias

I only count faithful couples. John and Abigail Adams worked well together. I like when man and woman are like partners whether ideologically or by profession (like the Lindbergs but Charles Lindberg was a bastard to her).
Not sure exactly who made the best OTP in history. First thing I could think of was some royal couple that really loved each other but that seems kind of unfair to "commoners".

A bunch of quotes of them being cute

Austrian ambassador to France, 1771:

>[Marie Antoinette] ran to [her husband,] threw her arms round his neck and hugging him tenderly, told him: “I feel, my dear husband, that I love you more each day. Your honesty and frankness charm me; the more I compare you with the others [note: his brothers] the more I know how much more you are worth.”

Austrian ambassador to France, 1773:

>... kissing Mme la Dauphine, he said to her, “But do you love me?”

>Mme la dauphine answered, “Yes, you cannot doubt it, I love you sincerely and respect you even more.”

>The young prince seemed very moved by these words; he caressed Mme la Dauphine most tenderly…

Marie Antoinette to her mother, 1775

>I am convinced that if I had to choose a husband from the three brothers, I would still prefer the one heaven gave me: his character is steadfast and although he is awkward, he is as attentive and as kind as possible to me.

Marie Antoinette to her mother, 1777, after she and Louis finally fully consummated their marriage:

>I am in the most essential happiness of my entire life.

Austrian ambassador to France, 1779:

>[Louis XVI] spoke to his august consort in an infinitely cordial and tender manner, saying among other things that he loved her with all his heart and that he could swear to her he had never had the least feeling or sentiment for any woman, but for her alone.

^This was after she had to spend a few weeks in seclusion due to measles, and courtiers tried to tempt him into taking a mistress, which he refused to do.

1/2

Marie Antoinette in a speech she prepared to give in Paris, after the fall of Bastille and after Louis XVI went to the city--she wrote the speech because there was a great fear that Louis XVI would not be allowed to return to Vesailles..

>Gentlemen, I have come to place in your hands the wife and family of your sovereign. Do not allow those who have been united in heaven to be separated on earth.

Louis XVI to his lawyers, who recounted that he often spoke of Marie Antoinette while they were preparing for his trial, and that the French public's cruelty towards her was one of his greatest pains. He would often repeat to his lawyers:

>If only they knew what she was worth!

Louis XVI to Jean-Baptiste Clery, a man who served him while he was imprisoned; he said this on the day of his execution as he removed his wedding ring:

>[Give] this ring to the queen; tell her that I part from it with pain and only at the last moment.

Marie Antoinette's behavior after the death of her husband, as recounted by her daughter:

>In the afternoon my mother asked to see Cléry, who was with my father to his last moments, thinking that perhaps he had charged him with messages for her. We desired this shock, in order to cause an outflow of her gloomy sorrow and relieve the suffocated condition in which we saw her.

and

>Nothing was able to calm the anguish of my mother–we could make no hope of any sort enter her heart; she was indifferent whether she lived or died. She looked at us sometimes with a pity that made us shudder.

There's also a bunch of other cute stuff that I don't have quotes for offhand. They started a trend at Versailles for walking arm in arm as a couple. When she was pregnant with her first child, she gave him the news by asking to see him and complaining that "one of his subjects has kicked me in the stomach." He was horrified, then suddenly realized what she meant and began to cry with joy. Just to name a few.

The French are very romantic aren't they?

of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette being cute, I mean. My top text disappeared!

when I goolag that all I get is "how Napoleon evolved", can you point me in a better direction?

gotdamn thats cute
they deserved better

John Komnenos and his Turkish buddy?

She was still cheating on him with that officer.

napoleon.org/histoire-des-2-empires/articles/napoleon-et-les-scientifiques-1-1779-1798/

Bad traduction of french source:
Napoleon :"I am a conqueror in Egypt as Alexander; I shall have preferred to find myself on Newton's tracks: this thought worried me at the age of fifteen."
Monge comments by quoting Lagrange: " nobody will achieve the glory of Newton: there was only a world to be discovered ". Bonaparte answers immediately: " what did I hear there? But the World of the very small! Who has ever thought of this other one? I, from the age of fifteen years, I believed in it and I took care of it then, and this memory lives in me as an obsession and will never give up me (...) Here is this other world, and it is the most important of all, that I had prided to discover; to think of it, I am for the regrets there; to think of it, I have pain in the soul there"

Nah, that's a myth. There's no evidence she had any affairs.

thanks

And this too : Napoleon "A prosperous State is a State where prosper the mathematics."
That's not for nothing if France is the 2nd country by number of Fields Medallists

I am slowly becoming more of a oui-aboo, i dont know hot to feel

>hot to feel

yes, good, good

latin blood mang, often leads to autistic chimpouts and picking fights you can't win tho

"This creature softened my heart of stone. She died and with her died my last warm feelings for humanity."
Joseph Stalin

Am I the only one who thinks Napoleon looks kind of weird in this picture?

Read the book Josephine. Napoleon was a pig.

La creatura...

Read the book Animal Farm. Napoleon is a pig.

I know, he was basically a incel. Even for his time

what is this? I've seen it on at least two boards now.

What about Maduro?

I can't help but notice that every time. It's refreshing to see someone else notice it too