Is this coin dead?

Is this coin dead?

Ripple dropped -50% in ~2 weeks. 6K to 3K sats.

Please tell me its future so I can decide to kms or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/05/26/bitcoin-rival-ripple-is-sitting-on-many-billions-of-dollars-of-xrp.html
ripple.com/ripple_press/ten-financial-institutions-join-ripples-global-payments-network/
ripple.com/ripple_press/ripple-adds-several-new-banks-global-network/
cryptocoinsnews.com/mufg-ripple-blockchain/
ripple.com/insights/ten-new-customers-join-ripples-global-payment-network/
sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/170629presentations.pdf
ripple-blog.com/tag/japan/
sbigroup.co.jp/english/news/pdf/2016/0819_a_en.pdf
cryptoninjas.net/2017/10/16/ripple-supporting-gates-foundation-new-open-source-payments-platform-developing-economies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait til end of 2018 and you will be glad that you did not sell your xrp in October of 2017.
Simple as that.

My honest opinion is to sell it. I just don't know what ripple holders see in this. The company has no use for RIpple, their corporaet customers arent going to be using it. Do ripple holders even KNOW what the token is going to be used for? I don't, and I looked it up at one point.

This has been the case for years - yet it's the #3 coin out of ALL? How did it ever get to 0.35 USD if it has no use at all?

I researched the company and its products heavily. Was considering going for a job offering they had but decided against it.

Ultimately I believe that XRP use will increase over time, but it will take a long time. The next 6 months or so they'll be concentrating on landing at least one bank in as many jurisdictions as they can. The first banks on board will be getting free XRP. They believe this will encourage them to use that XRP for transactions on xRapid.

As other banks in the same region start coming on board, they'll start to use similar products, but won't be getting the free coins.

I suspect we'll see price doing its usual fluctuations over the next year or two, then after that we'll see a slow but steady increase in price vs fiat. It won't be paired heavily to BTC since banks won't be buying BTC to buy XRP, they'll go straight fiat. So once that usage is there, it'll be a very solid stable coin to keep for when BTC destroys alts.

It's still worth keeping some in small storage - I've got about 30% of my portfolio in it, but you can't expect moons ever.

>xrp has no use
>ripple use it to dump their massive holding so they get real money to invest for their project that doesn't use the coin
They're extremely open about it, I don't get how anyone got duped by that.

Be glad you're part of their 15 billion dollars warchest I guess.

It mooned inmensively this summer though.

Why won't the argument be valid before then?

Kys

just a heads up this was posted in the latest PBC article and the call was to buy it up to .30 cents. teeka often has insider information and im assuming there's something yet to be announced.

As I said, expect fluctuations, but no moonshot.

I know mate I saw it too, 0.30 is like 50% up from now aswell.. He only said it cause of SWELL though. That failed miserably. Very, very miserably.

Swell? More like Shrink.

I think a lot of people misunderstood what swell was about. It wasn't about us speculators but about ILP and future partnership which will increase the usage and price of XRP longterm.

Ok, I will.. Blood will be on your hands.

I am in favour of Ripple but another friend of mine is totally against it...
for these reasons
98 Billion coins available but only 39 Billion in circulation

i provided him this article
cnbc.com/2017/05/26/bitcoin-rival-ripple-is-sitting-on-many-billions-of-dollars-of-xrp.html
and he said "

He says the banks will not use XRP but their own ledger and only use the ripple protocol

I showed him
ripple.com/ripple_press/ten-financial-institutions-join-ripples-global-payments-network/
ripple.com/ripple_press/ripple-adds-several-new-banks-global-network/

he said they are a joke
They are literally saying that they are using ripple technology, but not using the public ledger, No actual use for this ....

This one too was provided cryptocoinsnews.com/mufg-ripple-blockchain/
which resulted in a price hype and he replied
CCN reported on the GPSG in September 2016, set up to create a ‘rules-based blockchain payments network’ as Ripple describes it.
They are "setting up"
Which meas they are building a new one
Which is not the one that you are trading XRP on
This is a private blockchain between banks

so is there really no use for this coin?
then why is it the third highest traded crypto!!!! so many confusing signals.....
Certianly its low price presents a viable buying opportunity....

Hi
interesting explanation any reason why you did not want to work for them?

What's happening Q4 2018?

Ultimately decided a compliance heavy work environment wasn't the best for me. PCI compliance makes my blood boil, so gonna stay away from the finance sector.

Forgot to mention, some of their Glassdoor reviews are a little sus too. Not to disparage them in any way, but it didn't seem entirely like a healthy work environment.

because people see its #3 and just buy it. people are stupid and get their news from facebook. what do you think? 75% of ppl in this game are fucking 50+ yr old wagecucks with their last hope to make sum money with this. monkey see monkey do

I just spoke with some CEO's of big banks, like ABN, Rabobank, PNB et cetera.
They said they will buy very much Ripple because it's a technology so far ahead, they can't put their own devs on it.
This will mean that the price of Ripple will be very high in the near future, the banks will buy up 99%. Get in now!
BANKS NEED RIPPLE, THEY WILL NOT EXIST IN THE FUTURE IF THEY DONT GET IN ON RIPPLE

1 RIPPLE 1 LAMBO

Perhaps this will be the case in the long run but who are you? Where is the proof of this? Why do CEOs speak with someone of your Caliber that is willing to divulge in such a precarious manner?

the coin is good and has received good reviews from watching various youtube clips but do not ruin it...
Please stop bullshitting....

Somehow this guy is right. Tech companies like ms ibm sap google can make banks obsolete. Think about it. Ripple surely has plan b if the one with banks doesnt work out

this on the pother hand is worthy to note
ripple.com/insights/ten-new-customers-join-ripples-global-payment-network/

It says they are adopting

BBVA, one of the top 50 largest banks in the world, is using Ripple to enable real-time payments between Europe and Mexico.
Digital banking pioneer and one of Turkey’s largest private banks, Akbank, is the first bank in Turkey to adopt blockchain and is a model for other banks who want to make faster cross-border payments without the need for correspondents.
Star One is the first credit union to offer Ripple remittances to customers via eZforex.com, demonstrating how smaller banks can lower costs and achieve much greater reach for their customers.
Cambridge Global Payments and Earthport are collaborating with Ripple to improve the customer experience, increase the reach and reduce the cost of real-time cross-border payments.

Nothing. He will ask you to wait till end of 2019.

from the web site itself ....

I saw the strategy paper by MUFG AND MIZUHO very nice.
Btw i found this weeks ago about ripple ilp hyperledger and so on

can we have a link to the strategy paper as well...?
it is great news.....

Please google for yourself its an pdf i dont want to force a download of a pdf with my link. Here some keywords, sbi ripple japan pdf xrp, mufg mizuho domestic payments 2018, international payments sbi group, a you will find waht you see

I even found an INDIRECT CONNECTION BETWEEN ALIPAY AND RIPPLE WTFFF

sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/170629presentations.pdf
ripple-blog.com/tag/japan/
sbigroup.co.jp/english/news/pdf/2016/0819_a_en.pdf
cryptoninjas.net/2017/10/16/ripple-supporting-gates-foundation-new-open-source-payments-platform-developing-economies/

I found these but not necessarily what you referred to still good and promising .... RIPLE is a worthy

I would suggest NOT listening to Veeky Forums on this one. The FUDers are the same ones who told you that LINK would be $50 by now.

I don’t think XRP can go up dramatically, but if you hold through 2018, you’ll be happier that you held rather than sold at a loss. $1-$2.

I hold no link ....
but all my Cryptos are long term ....
this included however, will buy more ripple... as the low price and the stuff discussed here looks promising ...

thanks a lot

One of those slides betweeen page 45 and 75 somewhere

Frequent ellipses are the truest mark of a pajeet.

But muh bernanke and gazillion banks

But mah devs btc bcc btcg btcs btcp btc2.0

Ripple has a promising future, but get ready to hold those bags for a little while