Someone please enlighten me why LiteCoin is given the respect it gets...

Someone please enlighten me why LiteCoin is given the respect it gets. It has been sold as the "silver to gold" when comparing it to BitCoin, yet it can't even maintain a proper ratio when BitCoin scales in value. It had a quick pump to $90 USD for a few days then dropped off, before returning to a baseline of ~$50-55 USD for months. With its old ratio of 0.02, it should be $120 USD. From the way I see it, the only reason why its popular is because its been around for 6 years and has an antique value to it. Nothing that Litecoin does can't be done by VertCoin. Additionally, while I respect Charlie Lee as a very bright developer/programmer, he is an absolute abomination when it comes to marketing for the coin. "6 years ago I created Litecoin for fun. Its cool how its grown" The fuck is that? Given that its functionalities can be matched by coins far cheaper than it (VertCoin), its price fails to keep up with scaling trends of BitCoin, and its been around for 6 years, with the creator calling it a Fun Coin, what's the point in taking this investment seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

rings.tv/share/event/ue45339?from=singlemessage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aslong as you can't trade VTC for usd / gbp / eur directly on all major exchanges, ( like you can do with LTC ) vertcoin is shit.

Litecoin has been steady in rise .... the highest it has been was about 90$ it is on its way there eventually ..... but will need to remain patient.... I think because of the hard fork people are panicking and want to sell to be on the safe side .... we still have a while to go before the end of the year.... however. light coin is not excepted to be on paar with Bitcoin!

this will be live streamed
rings.tv/share/event/ue45339?from=singlemessage

>rings.tv/share/event/ue45339?from=singlemessage

Blockchain Meetup – Litecoin: SegWit and the Future

This is bound to have some good news because Litecoin has had good success with Segwit!

Oldfag here- have been in Crypto since 2013, but am not a millionaire.

Now you are all probably gunna yell at me and say I'm retarded etc, but to anyone who has been conscious of Crypto for a few years has already discovered that Litecoin is a scam.

Litecoin was always just a fucking Bitcoin clone w a slighly better consensus process that made it faster. Initially, when the BTC mining became very competitive, I knew a bunch of retards who mined LTC cuz difficulty was easier. Sound familiar? Sounds just like fucking BCH doesnt it? Because it is.

Litecoin is functionally similar to Bitcoin. Yeah it had the big pump w Segit etc first, but that is all red herrings. At the end of the day, It's just a fucking blockchain with a native currency. Its Bitcoin 2.0, except that Bitcoin can always just fucking upgrade and eat Litecoin's lunch.

"Litecoin is silver to Bitcoin's gold" is the stupidest shit I have ever heard. Bitcoin can be divisible to the Satoshi, so you dont need a less valuable unit for microtransactions/change. It's ludicrou, and mark my fucking words Litecoin will be worthless.

you'll be so butthurt when it hits $200

It's simple when you think of Litecoin as a currency + consider the network effect. Currencies have value based on what people are willing to accept in exchange for the currency (which has to do with how widely it's used, how much confidence there is in the institution(s) that back it, etc.). The "functionalities" of the U.S. dollar can be matched by the Mexican peso, which is much cheaper--so why doesn't everyone prefer the peso? Well, because the U.S. dollar is accepted in more places, it has a longer history as a proven store of value, people trust the U.S. government more than the Mexican government (esp. in a credit-worthiness sense), etc.

In other words, the most important "functionality" of a currency is the function of being accepted by others in exchange for goods or services. And if no one knows about/accepts the coin and its hard to convert or use (non-fungible), then it's not going to be worth much, no matter how stellar the underlying tech is.

is this a hint to buy stellar luuuuuuuuuumennnnnators.?

FFS no. If you think Ripple is a shitcoin, Stellar is even worse. Most people dont realize Jed McCaleb is such a fucking thieving asshole.

Eh, it could hit 200 sure. I wouldn't be surprised, I mean, people actually bought Tezos..Bancor...etc. Eventually though, when Blockchains and Digital Currencies are boring and old, and no one's vagina quivers at the thought of how much of an early-adopting 1337 hax0r you are for fucking having a litecoin wallet, very quickly LTC will lose its luster.

Payment systems have network effects. Bitcoin and Litecoin do the exact same thing. There is only room for 1.

But just look at this thread. Litecoin is Obviously 100% a bitcoin clone shitcoin, and anyone not blinded by greed has been able to admit this since 2013. It was a fucking fork before forks existed. It has always been a fucking worthless forkcoin, but retards love fucking volatility, and THE GAINZ draws them in to trading worthless bullshit.

The fact that ppl can delude themselves into foregetting that Litecoin is trash is beyond me.

agree with nost of what you said but ltc doesnt have volatility - it is one of the most stable coins on cmc...

Lot of ltc FUD goin on.
Was ignoring my lites but all the butthurt fagetry over ltc kinda makes me feel like its time to buy more.

Pls buy more and stay poor.

Dude is right how are you so blind?

1 thing that lltc does that btc cant?
Name 1?

Sold about 40% of my stack looking to buy lower.

It felt really good too. Like a weight lifted off of my shoulders

So noone can name 1 thing lol...

Also how being stable is good thing in crypto, if you want stable go fiat fucking tards.

lol this fucking guy is betting on blockchain "going out of style" here dude this is all you need

>implying blockchain is eternal technology
>implying not everything ends, particularly in a sector of rapid change

Nice trips

Your being shortsighted though. Pretending blockchain tek is going away is fine but not reality.

blockchain is like the new internet

no one would say that HTTP is fucking "in style"

Yeah everyone uses it, but no one is fucking creaming their panties thinking they are hot shit on the "next big thing" thats gunna make them right because they use HTTP.

Blockchain wont go away, but all the retards who think it will "change the world" NEW PARADIGM will eventually run out of wagecuck money to burn

HTTP didn't change the world?

ya gonna go ahead and dump the rest of my ltc bags here

I think I sold the bottom.

Dead cat?

Someone tell me ltc will go up

Same reason why BTC will be the top coin for a long time even after something infinitely better shows up. Free media. Billions and billions of dollars worth of free mainstream media in every outlet imaginable since 2013.