When did you realize that America is the true successor to the Roman Empire?

When did you realize that America is the true successor to the Roman Empire?

Never because it isn't

Reminder that it was, and still is, Britain.

I always knew that

George Washington was a Latino and descended from ancient Romans

The bongs tried to push that bad meme, too, and they weren't even an empire.

Wow George Washington looks like THAT??

Is Spain

When I slipped and fell on the back of my head leaving my intelligence permanently impaired

When presidents are becoming more functionally retarded

When I realised that the Roman Empire was also a bloated and decadent multicultural cesspool.

Roman empire had no equivalent at its time, no one had parity with them, no one could power project like they did, militarily speaking they were miles ahead of their neighbors.

Meanwhile its the current year and US can be nukecucked by obscure feudal commie kingdom thats running mainly on 1950's tech, so no america is not rome, but its clearly suffering from the same symptoms that brought on the downfall of the roman empire, its age of decadence has begun.

America is the true successor to Babylon.

America is Carthage.
Britain is Tyre, the metropolis of Carthage that faded into obscurity when its former colony gained power.

Right? Those obliques

Fool, we didn't succeed the Roman Empire, we succeeded the Roman Republic.

>carthage
so who's rome? china?

>Roman empire had no equivalent at its time, no one had parity with them, no one could power project like they did, militarily speaking they were miles ahead of their neighbors.
That's literally the USA right now

>carthage
i have a buddy whos a big burgerboo, can you explain your reasoning behind this so i can assblast him

Why do Americans LARP as ROMUNZ but hate the EU? The EU is the modern Rome.

>that fucking pic

Why are americans so cringy

Since the day I learned about history

>The EU is the modern Rome.
name one roman thing that have ever done

WE

Encompass the entire Western and Central European continent under a signal political system

raus inkanker

America isn't fucking Rome its the latest of western countrys which become top dog in a cycle like Spain, France, the Netherlands, UK, Russia, Austria
its only been sole super power for a bit over 30 years its more like the British empire after the Napoleonic wars before Germany fully industrialised

delusional. People are literally seceding from it without a fight. What kind of a roman empire is that?

are you trying to imply that Germany ever reached parity with the UK in its prime?

>American knowledge of European politics
>Rome didn't have actually rebellions throughout its imperial age

la creatura...

see

WUZ

That ripped George though.

Rome put them down.
Why people put so much ideological baggage on a stagnating trade bloc of all things is beyond me.

He just means it's a similar sort of situation to to after the Napoleonic wars. Uk = Usa, sole superpower after a large conflict (ww2, cold war). And then China after economic reforms is similar to Germany after unification. I.e. growing power that starts exerting more influence and pursues a naval buildup.

no. rome was a regional power at the time. the level of power the US has now is unprecedented in history, it has never been seen before. weather this is good or bad for the US, is up for debit

Daily reminder that when Western Roman Empire fell, the ERE was the only legitimate succesor. And when ERE fell to the Ottomans, you can argue that either the Ottomans, Russians, or even the Serbs (taking into account that the last Byzantine Emperor had a Serbian mother) were the new Romans. Or neither of them.

>inb4 “””””””hre”””””””
>inb4 “””””””franks””””””

>either the Ottomans
lol
>Russians
LOL
>or even the Serbs were the new Romans
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Rome was a world power. Their ships sailed to the Americas, Australia, and the rest were already occupied.

>Economically cucked by china
>Politically cucked by Israel
>Relies on obsolete ICBM tech as a safeguard, while russia has surpassed it and china is achieving parity.

Rome had economic independence and it had no foreign powers influencing its politics.
And after the fall of carthage it didnt have any rivals that would be able to compete militarily.

US has atleast 2 equals in that sense, maybe 3 if you count the rocket boy and his new nukes.