>top-tier arts and culture
>sexy slick military aesthetic
>once went to war with the entire fucking planet and won
What's not to like?

>once went to war with the entire fucking planet and won
when

losers attract other losers

levee en masse kinda invalidates this.

Yes, it's impressive, but each of those empires had an army at, like, a tenth of the size.

France is basically the anti-Germany. Right down to actually beating the English in a war a few times.

History has a well-known francophile bias.

>using innovative new techniques invalidates your victory because reasons

But is it pro-french revolution?

I'm invalidating the statement that it was them vs the entire world. It was them vs a series of smaller armies. The entire world is an exaggeration.

Robespierre did nothing wrong

>fights off every empire except China
>The entire world is an exaggeration.

They were btfo by the Ottomans in their one campaign against them in 1799.

>one operation failed so that means they lost

Yes, and each empire was mobilising a very small force. You are purposely missing the point now.

This
France is the protagonist of European history and Germany is the villain

It isn't.

epik post my germanic bruther

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

the sheer delusion

>They were btfo
>2 men killed

Sure, Mehmet

>yfw Frenchcucks can only brag about singular battles but not wars because they lost more than they won

>the french fought off every empire
>the ottoman empire successfully defended their territory and fought off the french

It's a fairly logical line of argument here. I'm not denying how incredibly impressive their victories were in Europe, but the Middle East was one theatre where they were not victorious, despite others in this thread not admitting that.

>what is battle of aboukir bay
>what is siege of acre

>win against everyone elses armies
>well that doesn't really count because France had a bigger army
The whole point is that France has a larger army

Imagine one larger man fights off five smaller men and wins. You'd be justified in saying the one man is strong.

>literally every thread gets flooded with 20 different maps of the british empire
> pro-French

>what is battle of aboukir bay
A victory

>what is siege of acre
A tie

Veeky Forums literally made me anti-French and pro-German (again)

>Imagine one larger man fights off five smaller men and wins. You'd be justified in saying the one man is strong.

The difference is that is n't 'the whole world'. It's a small contingent of troops from each nation levied in a few months. If France had beaten equally mobilised empires, then it is beating the whole world. What they essentially beat was an expeditionary force of each nation.

literally what world do you live in lmao

>Aboukir was a French victory. Aboukir BAY was a British victory. Learn to read, fucking retard.

And how the fuck was Acre a tie? The French besieged the city, the Ottomans defended it successfully so the French retreated, ending their advance through Palestine.

Same. It made me realise how modest Germans are, and how snobbish French are.

yeah, it really made me despise the french autists here

This board is anti-German. Therefore it’s pro French

>Germans
>modest
Germans are the most smug and arrogant nation in Europe.

>AY YO WE WUZ FRANKS N SHIET
>Charlemagne was a 100% pure French man
Pathetic

what? sod the frog

That's not even true. Napoleon was vastly out numbered in Italy and then Egypt. He just gaped their assholes in back to back to back battles at a numerical disadvantage. And Austria was the second best land force in the world at that point.

They absolutely raped to Ottomans and then the entire region got bubonic plauge...

Napoleon actually outnumbered the Austrians in Northern Italy in almost every battle, despite having less troops in the theatre overall. That's a testament to his brilliant strategic mind (and also a testament to how retarded the Austrians were before Archduke Charles).

You're wrong though. France was out numbered in most of the wars. Napoleon entered Italy with 30k men. His first battle was against 50k allies. In all his force defeated 105,000 counting Austrian reinforcements.

Up north France was also initially outnumbered. It ended up with a larger army at the end due to better recruitment and less attrition. It fought many battles undermanned though.

they didn't have a numerical avantage though, check Valmy battle

Your enemy getting a massive disease outbreak is not beating them in battle it's luck.

pic related

>WE WUZ
They are

>Charlemagne was a 100% pure French man
Indeed

no one cares about charlemagne anyway

t. butthurt pagan

Ok.

That isn't true though. They levied as large of an army as they could in the later wars. Do you think all of central Europe wanted to become French puppet states?

They weren't an expeditionary force, the HRE ended after Austerlitz and it forced the total capitulation of Austria.

Also, the combined Prussian, Austrian, and Russian army outnumbered Napoleon by 35,000 and had the core professional troops of the empires there.

They got BTFO so hard the death count is 1,600 to 16,000-20,000.

Napoleon was a god.

>Napoleon was a god.

The coalition plan ended up being the Trachenberg plan which called for their armies to use their superior size and number of cannons and goods to be focused on Napoleon's generals and to avoid Napoleon himself at all costs. The man was doing something right.

>ywn be such an absolute madman that an entire continent is too scared to face you even with hundreds of thousands of elite soldiers

Napoleon makes our own lives so boring by comparison.

Don't forget the french are g*rmanics as well and should be treated as such. They are as perfidious and barbaric as their brothers to the east

The fall of western society. I see, cool fellas.

Natural antithesis to the Prussiapros and Wehraboos.

At least the eternal *nglo is universally hated.

>the French Revolution led to the ""fall of western society"""

it is pro france not pro """""""""france""""""""

England and Prussia are the uncultured brutes of European history.

Russia is mostly brutish, but has some quality Veeky Forums later.

France and Austria are the two cultural super powers of Europe and obvious favorites for the true patrician.

>England
>the driving force of creating culture and emancipating people from slavery and drudgery through the industrial revolution and forcing tribal brutes to stop nogging each other
>not civilized

user I...

How did the frogs conquer the Khymers?

>Austria
>actually having a cultural identity outside of the broader German one

Don't be silly, my friend. Any Austrian success is a German success.

>source: my ass
The brilliance of Concentration of Force and Defeat in Detail

To a degree, but Prussian autism is hypercharged.

>the war that cemented you as a great power only did so because Russia took pity on you after BTFOing at at Kunesdorf
Real Prussian military might there

yet another trip goes into the filter

>no arguments

The revolutionary government gave full citizenship to blacks. They started the le based blacks meme and (((civic nationalism)))

ITT

*loses*

literally nothing wrong with civic nationalism so as long as the native population remains the majority.

>civic nationalism was invented by the French Republic
>civic nationalism led to the fall of west
>despite the fact that the centuries since its supposed invention have been characterized by western global domination
I don't have a wojak dumb enough to adequately depict you

The problem is it's hard to enforce that.

It's a long term poison and will lead to the destruction of the west this century. Of course maybe robots will kill us all before then

>uh well the west actually DIDN'T fall like I claimed it did
>but it MIGHT in the future!!!
Pathetic.

Look at the population stats for Western European countries like the U.K., France and Germany.

who here gets queasy at the merest thought of the frog?

1871, no allies, no entente, just frog and man :D

>these assmad frogs

Today was a good day.

Imagine living out your days with beliefs like this

I never said it fell... do you have reading problems?

>stormfag in denial

>The fall of western society

Sorry that wasn't me, you shouldn't make assumptions

>Shouldnt make assumptions about posters on an anonymous image board

>you shouldn't assume that the only reply to your post, with the same writing style and holding the same views isn't the same person

Just as /pol/ lives for happenings and large scale current events that have large effects on society, Veeky Forums loves large happenings and events in history. France has had a lot of those.

Germans care about him, French care more about Clovis than anything else when it comes to Frankish kings.

Everyone hates the anglos or germans. And iberians are moors and nords are largely irrelevant until recently. No one likes slavs or balkans(ottoman clay). And italy have been losers after the 1500s. The rest are forgettable. That leaves us with only the French.

I have no idea. They ruined the world in 1789.

It has some of the greatest thinkers.

Descartes, Rousseau, Leon Walras.

>They are
That map shows only a small portion of France being settled by franks.
So no most of them they ain't franks n shiet.
Your source calls Franks Germanic.
The vast majority of people couldn't give a shit about your retarded Pannonia theory you use to cop about being owned once by Germans

>as long as the German states are weak and disunited, France dominates for centuries
>as soon as Germany gets it's shit together and unifies, France gets completely BTFO
You know this is not how stories work, right? If anything, France would be the rival to protagonist Britain. Once strong and imposing but then turned into a jobber to make the new antagonist look strong and dangerous

Frenchboos are fucking vile

>Robespierre did nothing wrong
Nothing wrong until he got ill, recovered and then started fucking murdering shitloads of people and started his own cult. Before his sick-leave, he was actually a MODERATE on the Mountain, and advised against many of the Republics more insane activities

>willingly identifying with states
sad

>>eternal enemy of the much-hated anglo
Not really. The only real enemy of the anglo are spaniards. They are not popular here because is a shit-hole full of angloboos.

>nations = states

Because the French are the undisputed masters and good guys of the world

it is pro french not pro """""""""french"""""" r*public

so he did nothing wrong

If only France became Protestant.
That's all Prussian schlocks, man.