What ends authoritarian regimes? i live in venezuela and i wonder what it would take for the ruling party to quit...

what ends authoritarian regimes? i live in venezuela and i wonder what it would take for the ruling party to quit. protests? internal struggles? intervention? a coup d'etat?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–2018_Venezuelan_protests
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When there isn't any reason for the populace to support the government anymore and the military is weaker than the rebels or sides with the populace.

The regime will run out of money to pay their military, and when that happens they won't be able to convince the military not to kick their asses out of the country and implement a competent republic.

This. The general population is pretty irrelevant to dictatorships, what's important is whether the powerful continue to support the regime. And usually the military is pretty far up there when it comes to power.

why hasn't this happened with cuba?

It doesn't matter if regime is "authoritarian" or otherwise. China is one of the most stable states in the world right now.

Any regime that aggravates critical problems and contradictions and fails to address them is ended by them.

Why cant' you Latin American fags create a stable succession? At best you get one decent guy, and everything gets ruined when he goes down. In all ideologies and states in South America.

look at this fucking class traitor western imperialist stooge. how the hell is venezuela an authoritarian regime huh? you fucking classcuck.

name one fucking thing maduro has done that is authoritarian besides rightfully taking money from the rich and giving it back to the poor. the only reason people think venezuela is authoritarian is because of the rich fat cats who got their wealth given back to the people and now slander it. you obviously fell for it you fucking dumbass piece of shit class traitor

I am communist/socdem, but Venesuela is brought down to shit by Maduro.

Competent leadership has ensured that the nation doesn't turn to complete shit. Things are still bad, but they aren't THAT bad.

nice try /pol/cuck nobody believes you

shutting down the congress, killing (teenaged) protesters, imprisoning people for no good reason (say, for tweeting). the ruling party just can't be stopped now, really. they have this assembly that was elected in a very controversial process that pretty much literally can do whatever they want

They drive 1950s american cars with russian engines and grow their own food on "urban gardens" they just get by.

Also, Fidel dumped the degenerates to miami in the 80s so they never really had a crime problem like venezuela, its more safe for tourism and tourism equals money.

What the Hell are you talking about?
Most South American countries are stable democracies since the Cold War ended. Venezuela is an exception.

In fact most of the 1980s and 1990s-born South American anons you interact with here haven't lived through anything except stable democracy and orderly succession.

taken from the slightly less poor*

>what ends authoritarian regimes?
Bullets.

Venezuelans seem to be waiting, sitting on their asses, expecting the magical Uncle Sam to do your dirty work for you, the marines swooping down and taking out Maduro, Noriega-style.

Ain't gonna happen buddy. Those days are over, long buried. The War on Iraq changed that, no more interventionism for a long while... the Americans are even allowing Putin get away with taking Crimea and Syria, do you really think they will risk American lives coming back in bodybags for fucking Venezuela? With oil self-sufficiency in the US thanks to shale oil? Your country even opposed the US invasion of Iraq, now you want the rest of the world to save you?

Sorry to be harsh but if you won't fight for your country, nobody else will.

Stop sitting on your asses and do something, faggots. You let this hero die just a week ago.

Freedom of the world.
>By CIA political propaganda department

>authoritarian regimes
>quit

OP, how do you even ask this question. They NEVER just quit. You have to over throw them by force. ALWAYS. Power is something that authoritarians hold onto even with their dying breaths. You have to put a bullet in thier head before they will ever give up.

>maybe if we stand around in a park with some flags and scream long enough the dictator will just like give up because we don't like him? Right guys?

i guess it's easy to fantasize about getting a rifle and overthrowing a government when you live in the us and have everything handed to you and you don't have to actually think about these things

>Venezuelans seem to be waiting, sitting on their asses, expecting the magical Uncle Sam to do your dirty work for you, the marines swooping down and taking out Maduro, Noriega-style.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–2018_Venezuelan_protests

What this guy said. Granted, there's a point where action is necessary, but it's better to gather support and build a genuinely powerful movement then to all die in some ineffectual coup attempt because you watched too many action movies

>protests
Again, standing in a park with flags and screaming isn't going to do anything. Ever. It's a waste of time. Cache weapons and use them. Or just shut the fuck up and get what you deserve.

Keep having fun with your protests. Armed insurrection works. Ask the communists who did it 50 years ago and got you were you are today. Did Che and Fidel and the rest stand around in parks with flags throwing rocks at police? No they did not. They picked up the rifle and killed the oppressor. Now its your turn.

No, I'm not American and I read Venezuelan news regularly (LaPatilla, Caraota Digital) because I know people stuck there.

So I have some idea of what I'm talking about. Unarmed students with shitty cardboard shields and a spineless opposition are not going to kick out Maduro.

You should have followed Oscar Perez.

They quit all the time, actually. There were much more various peacful transitions of government than otherwise. This requires some sort of compromise, of course.

tell us more about all the times you joined guerrilla groups and fought armies of 100,000 soldiers
>Armed insurrection works
it's been tried twice by two different groups. it hasn't worked
>You should have followed Oscar Perez.
where to? death?

Death is better than a communist regime.

Maduro in particular seems to have North Korea as its model, with the army in change and financing his government with blood diamonds.

You've been warned. I'm sorry.

When mongrel savages are left to govern themselves life is marked with tyranny, barbarity, and depravity. It doesn’t matter what form of government you have or who your leader is. Racially Venezuela, and most of Latin America is fucked.

>freedom index

Ok well have fun with your flags and your chanting. Just know that it means absolutely nothing. I'm not saying you personally have to assassinate government officials. But if there is a movement of forces to do so then you should try and help with its organization in some way. You can go out with the crowds and chant and throw rocks if it helps you feel better and satisfy your emotional need to shout and throw rocks. But just keep your eyes and ears looking for the people actually attempting something real. Get on board with them. You dont want to die in a pointless revolt. Ok. But how badly do you not want to live in unjust dictatorship? Not badly enough yo die? Then as long as most people think like you nothing will change.

And for the love of Christ, this time if it works, actually establish and functioning republic with a rule of law and independent judiciary and don't just give power to some ego maniac dynastic messiah piece of shit that will just do the same authoritarian shit as the last guy. Corrupt humans thrive in corrupt societies. If you don't change your society, no new revolution is going to mean anything. The new regime will be as bad as the old.

>wannabe revolutionaries
Cringe.

Venezuela regime is staying thanks to Russia, China and Iran

Give us some examples then.