Where did people poo on old timey ships?

Where did people poo on old timey ships?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_(watercraft)
wired.com/2008/02/ff-seacowboys/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the poop deck

Into mouth

Streets

Off by 1

they held it in until they got to land

you're in the barrel today OP

Off the side?

designated shitting seas

You poo in the loo.

Etymology speaking,

you know it

/thread

Why didn't they just make a hole in the botttom and shit out there? The constant stream of water below the ship would be as sanitary as it gets.

>hole in the botttom and shit out there
It's called an asscrack

FPBP

pretty sure there was for captains/officers to use for dignities sake
every one else shat off the side on a nice day and into a bucket on a stormy day

(Not op)
I figured everyone would just shit off the side. Makes the most sense to me. But that works too

Imagine just how many shit buckets got spilled all over the place by waves

People got rid of it pretty quickly.

They lured whales and shat on their blowholes

I'm sure it must've happened still

in spanish and french it´s called sentina or sentine

They coudln't poo because of scurvy,

they had to conserve fresh water so they'd eat it

my fucking sides

What did they use to wipe their ass, though?

Jesus Christ everyone in this thread is an idiot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_(watercraft)

It’s the poopdeck, fucking retard. Why else would it be called that?

>The name originates from the French word for stern, la poupe, from Latin puppis. Thus the poop deck is technically a stern deck, which in sailing ships was usually elevated as the roof of the stern or "after" cabin, also known as the "poop cabin". In sailing ships, with the helmsman at the stern, an elevated position was ideal for both navigation and observation of the crew and sails.

bit rude mate

>tfw u will never be a ship merchant/pirate/privateer and live life on the high sea

indian ocean

you can user.

you could be like these bad motherfuckers

wired.com/2008/02/ff-seacowboys/

Thank god

They licked each other clean. Why do you think there were so many jokes about gayness of sailors?

>On 14 April 1945, 24 days before the end of World War II in Europe, while U-1206 was cruising at a depth of 200 feet (61 m), 8 nautical miles (15 km; 9.2 mi) off Peterhead, Scotland, misuse of the new toilet caused large amounts of water to flood the boat.[5] According to the Commander's official report, while in the engine room helping to repair one of the diesel engines, he was informed that a malfunction involving the toilet caused a leak in the forward section. The leak flooded the submarine's batteries (located beneath the toilet) causing them to release chlorine gas, leaving him with no alternative but to surface.[5] Once surfaced, U-1206 was discovered and bombed by British patrols, forcing Schlitt to scuttle the submarine. One man died in the attack, three men drowned in the heavy seas after abandoning the vessel and 46 were captured.[6] Schlitt recorded the location as 57°24N 01°37W but the wreck could not be located.

submarine shitting is serious business