Scotland announced for Civ VI

Scotland announced for Civ VI

youtube.com/watch?v=PS6D8vQEzBA

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_language
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Robert the Bruce

Nice

They have such a shitty position in Total War good for them Civilization doesn't have realistic geography.

Louisiana expansion when?

Is Robert the Bruce's special a 10% bonus for English collaboration?

I can't hear the dialogue but I can make out "Scotland" instead of "Alba"

They're not seriously going to have him speak English, are they?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scots_language

LEL

may as well add the welsh

So, English then?

Geordie is as removed from 'normal' English as 'Scots' is.

Scots doesn't start being considered Scottish until a few hundred years after Robert the Bruce, at this point it was still called "Ynglis". Gaelic was the language of state, even aristocrats of foreign origin like the Bruce family would've spoken it.

It´s great in Medieval II though.
You race to conquer that North England before England proper does, so you do with Wales.
If you move quick enough you can capture them in the first turns, before England can react, then you move to secure Ireland and Inverness.
Your will need to rest a couple of turns to pay off the military speding you need to capture so many settlemends, but you´ll be the master of the isles, and once your debts are payed you simply outpower England.
Kick Normans from the islands and now you rule over an easily defendable realm, develop your cities (you can protect the whole British Islands with a single castle, and you can train acceptable miliamen in towns anyway),
And enjoy your cash while you look to another place to conquer! (I made the obvious choice and moved towards Scandinavia).

Modern Scots is obviously pretty indistinguishable from English but a few hundred years ago it was widely considered to be a completely different language.

Of course this is moot talking about Robert the Bruce since during his lifetime Scots and English hadn't separated yet

If I remember they start with two castles. If you move to Ireland it's all good but when I played as England I had no problem blocking their exit and holocausting them. From their point of view it's slightly easier.

Of course, England has a better start, they can do pretty much the same, but with more resources.Hell, once I even captured Inverness as England while Scotland looked.
But you know, AI sucks.

>Modern Scots is obviously pretty indistinguishable from English

.t Someone that has never actually heard Scots spoken.

T. Someone who hasn't heard true Geordie/Northumbrian.

If Scots is its own language, then so is Geordie.

Ah woudnae meikle spak it heiratour nou ahm gane awa tae ootlans, bit on me ain recknand yid haetae gae awa foure till the 17th centuair fae tae mak it be its ain leid.

And even then it was getting anglicised pretty quickly at that stage. For it to be comfortably different from English I'd say you'd have to go back to the mid 16th century.

I usally make a North Sea empire that includes Denmark, Norway, Hamburg, Holland, and Britain. all while keeping France as my greatest ally.

never understood civ

Seems like a lego version of total war or europa universales

It has come to the point where every time they release a new faction I am surprised that it is a European male.

The Brittish isles is a great place to control as any power in MTW2.
When you are playing as Denmark you may easily conquer Hamburg before the Germans do and then send an army west and cripple England in one go by taking London.

Are there even any famous Scots female leaders?

Nicola Sturgeon is not an option.

Mary Queen of Scots and arguably St Margaret

its for grand strategy rejects

>Scotland is a science cover
>Science

Like,. industry and culture I get. But fucking science?

>Unique building is a fucking golf course

>2018
>playing games for children

>A FUCKING GOLF COURSE
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

the average /gsg/ wh*teoid

kek was just thinking that i was surprised it wasn't a bitch or something

This. I'm surprised too after what they pulled last time.

>Playing games

>We wuz oppressed!

Scotland has a laundry list of important inventors.

There was a very good modded Scottish Civilization for Civ5

Retard. Scots is perfectly understandable to English speaking ears. It's a dialectal variant of english.

>Scots is perfectly understandable to English speaking ears

>who is James Clerk Maxwell, Alexander Fleming, James Watt, Alexander Graham Bell, John Logie Baird, Daniel Rutherford, Joseph Black, Nicholas MacTesla and Alan MacMasters?

Although yeah the golf course is kinda silly.

It was a ceilidh hall in civ v, back when we were the "celts".