What happens here? What has happened here?

What happens here? What has happened here?

Tiger maulings.

Decades an decades and decadss of insurgency

Really? Care to explain further?

My ex GF is from Burma.

She tells me it's a much quieter version of Thailand without the sex tourists. And More historic buddhists landmarks. Also they are attempting to remove ((((((them))))))

>She tells me it's a much quieter version of Thailand
Riiiight....

They’ve had like 4 coups in this century alone

I tell you what doesn’t happen: the upholding of human rights

So why do they hate each other so much?

Bump

rubys the size of tangerines

Turns out: a nationalist state isn't ideal for governing what was once a multiethnic Kingdom centered around a Dynasty.

Burma campaign was one of the most interesting campaigns of world war 2. It's just a shame it's so overlooked compared to the wars in Europe or the Pacific.

British ambassadors manipulated it as a buffer state between British India and French Indochina

>your actual experience being Burmese and being from Burma is incorrect, my wikipedia page is correct
cringy af. One can obviously gather that these "insurgencies" are not effect the life of the average Burmese too much.

>Burma didn't exist until the Brits were there.

>Pic
Are there more?

He probably wanted Burmese History within a European context.

>People from shitholes do not lie.
Hey, I'm from the Philippines, and I'd be lying id I said my own shithole is "quiet" just because Commie Rebels nor their Moro-Muslim counterparts are far away from the capital city & main population centers.

Which is pretty much the case in Burma. Except they have bigger problems than us.

Also I never said Burma was created by the brits
It was just utilized in that way at one point in history

>He probably wanted Burmese History within a European context.
No, you just made that up.

which city are you from? I never thought I would meet another filipino in this board.
Also, the commie rebels are much nearer than you think ~100km away from Manila, lurking in the mountains of Southern Tagalog. Also, apparently they(NPA) present a more immediate threat due to the amount of military outposts along maharlika highway.

Myanmar was one of those countries that was friendly to both sides during the Cold War despite having communist and right-wing insurgencies simultaneously.

Similar to Sri Lanka in that respect

Most SEAsians who come to Veeky Forums are Pinoys.

NPA are just banditnigs nowadays.

Cebu shitty

>Belligerents
>MILF
kek

>Burma campaign was one of the most interesting campaigns of world war 2.
Nothing happened in Burma when it mattered, and whatever happened afterwards is thus not at all interesting.

>5.6 million posts by Americans
Sorry about that

MILFs can be very feisty men senpai

elements of Bill Slim's 14th Army

It was part of the British Raj then made a seperate British colony in the 30's, George Orwell spent time there and wrote a book about his time there.

-Buddhism
-Insurgency conflicts and brown on brown imperialism
-Bad clothes and the second ugliest women in all of East Asia
-loopy leaders
-Greatest supply of non precious gems
-People chewing leaves

He wrote an essay the book was only loosley based on his experiences.

>-Bad clothes and the second ugliest women in all of East Asia
Who are the ugliest women in all of East Asia?