How did these two countries end up on such an equal footing?

Throughout history the two have vacillated in levels of power but looking at them today, it's crazy just how equal they are. For example:

Population:
France - 65,058,000
UK - 65,648,100

Economy:
France - $2.574 trillion
UK - $2.565 trillion

Add to this a comprabale level of power projection, military capability and spending and similar internal issues and its astounding.
Does this mean the rivalry is still in full swing or are they allies for good?

Pro-tip: They really weren't equal until the 20th century (when Britain's population size reached France's)

Before that, Britain always had to gather several powerful allies to merely hope to rival France militarily (pic related)

>Does this mean the rivalry is still in full swing or are they allies for good?
both are US satellite states, in both the natives are dying out and getting replaced by a mass of foreigners, in both the culture is dying

of course there is no rivalry, this isn't 1910, this is 2018, the people in both countries are just a faceless, mindless mass of consumers with no national interest

England and Germany went through the industrial revolution with a population explosion like normal countries do but for some reason France's population growth declined to a standstill in the 20th century

What's the point of even having countries at this point. Just teach everyone one language, unite them into a single world-state and mix them all together, so they can have virtually no other interest beside consuming and voila.

Not our fault everyone rightfully hates the French.

who knows, that's probably the idea

the whole world will become amerimutts

t. anglo

>légion de irlandaise

Gave me a hearty chortle, much thanks.

>France being UK satellite
lmao

We're allies for good. The world has moved on and we've been left behind, we have new enemies that are a threat to us both, and there is nothing to be gained from fighting one another anymore. Plus, we've always secretly liked one another anyway.

We've never liked each other. At best we have a sportsman's respect for one another.

>alliances and wars were about hatred between countries

This is because of the malthusian politic applicated in France by the third republic .
We never liked each other but like user said have a certain respect for one another , a certain complementarity . But like others said now we are only shadow of our past

Both will be majority non European by 2100 and will cease to exist as their former selves.

Are all shitstains this deluded?

I-it’s not like I like you, baka!

How does that contradict what says? If America is a country of mutts and cucks, surely they would delight in darkening their satellite states.

Great Britian also had a volunteer Army right up until 1915 buddy. The "gathering of allies was mosty due to GBRs perfidious nature and not wanting to get involved in largescale euopean wars.

>playing NTW w/ unit mods
>whenever fighting Irish Legion under France I make sure their point of contact with my line is opposite the connaught rangers
>go out of my way to chase down routing Irish with cavalry
>do this to the point where it becomes autism
Man I think I'm hard wired as an Englishman.