Was he the greatest Romanian in history?

Was he the greatest Romanian in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listă_de_cuvinte_românești_moștenite_probabil_din_limba_dacă).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>b8 with this much WE

Sage

>Says sage
>Doesn't even sage properly

Explain? He was of Thraco-Roman origin, same as all the other Romanians.

he was illyrian the ancestor of albanians, you bulgar turk!

not as great as greatest Croatian in history

you mean the greatest serb ever?

He got cucked by a fucking bird lol

No, he was from a Latin speaking-family. Albanians maintained their language therefore that disqualifies them. If he was actually Illyro-Roman then that qualifies him as an Aromanian and most of them joined their brothers over the Danube after the Slavic migrations anyway so the point still stands.

Stop shitposting, Justinian was 100% pure Romanian and you can't prove it wrong.

>being so irrelevant that the only major figure you can claim as one of your own lived over 1000 years ago, was cucked by his whore wife and did practically nothing

I think dumb threads are a plague to this board, but... I agree with the point you made here.

If you would've made a well constructed post maybe some people could've learned something. (Since this board often feels more like teaching basic history to children on the brink of the spectrum rather than casual historical discussion between adult amateurs.)

Veeky Forums is the shitties place to discuss anything

Yeah. You're right.
But I'm a lazy idealist in search of useless but low effort battles to fight.
Making Veeky Forums smart is one of those.

is it true that romanian is essentially a local military latin that took 90% of its original vocab from thracian and borrowed freely from slavic for the next thousand years?

Roman Dacia was, like Africa (Tunis), Western Mauretania and the south of Spain a region that experienced a lot of Roman immigration (read settlement). Although it was abandoned in later stages of the Empire, a large roman population was already established there in large civitas and colonias.
The Dacians, like the Carthaginians in Africa (Tunis) were some of the fiercest opponents of the Romans, and, in line with the Roman philosophy of "vae victis", simply eradicated their opponents and erased most traces of them. Surviving Dacians (it was a very large polity at the time, we can assume there was a lot of devastation on the part of the conquerors) were thoroughly integrated.
Despite the large movements of population in the following centuries, Dacia was very hard to access and the settlements were extremely well protected. Therefore the local inhabitants avoided most contact with roaming tribes.

A Latin-speaking identity also developed in the Eastern half of the Empire in the Haemus (Macedonia, Bulgaria, Albania, Greece) but experienced different evolution. It was assimilated to the Slavic culture in Bulgaria (dress and traditions are almost identical between Bulgarians and Romanians, even moreso on a genetic level) whereas migration to the northern realm or Italy occured for most other Latin-speakers at the time of the great migrations.

>the only major figure you can claim
Simply not true.
>did practically nothing
He fixed the mess that was the ERE's legal code, rebuilt Constantinople after the the Nika revolt along with the greatest church the Christian world had seen thus far, restored Africa, Italia and parts of Hispania as Roman provinces and the economy prospered under him. You are literally a brainlet if you unironically believe he achieved nothing.

Not at all, where did you hear that from? The Dacian substrate barely exists today(here's a list of all the Dacian words: ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listă_de_cuvinte_românești_moștenite_probabil_din_limba_dacă).
The Romanian language mostly comes from Vulgar Latin with an added layer of Slavic influences. If I remember correctly Slavic words came to comprise about 15-20% of the language but they started getting phased out during the 19th and 20th centuries and today are mostly archaic.

Here is a pic of Justinian without the M*Gayar colonial revisionism

>makes no actual argument of his own
>"LOL U DZEEPSE"

And just to make it clear since your education system couldn't Janos: Your own Immigrationist theory(which is not true btw) claims that the Romanians are descended from Illyro-Romans thus making the claim even more valid.

What the fuck are you on about bozgor, are you denying that Romania is BLACK?

Fuck off with your white supremacist shit szekely, we're fucking your loose women every day with out big black latin dicks and you can't help it

i just double checked wiki and i got that impression from this, though it looks like it's counting any word modifier as "dacio-thracian" so it's heavily misleading

I wouldn't trust that figure either way, it comes from some 2002 study by a Moldovan-American with ties to the Iron Guard and isn't commonly accepted.

Nice meme map

What's wrong with it?