Have the people in this region made something original? All of them were shamelessly copied from India, China...

Have the people in this region made something original? All of them were shamelessly copied from India, China, Europeans, Japan and so on. Did they make some original and significant contributions towards humanity? Will they even be capable of such feats in the future? If so, how or if not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They lived in rainforest they were doomed to lag behind their more intelligent temperate forest asian cousins above them.

Salakots.

Should the native people there (alongside Africans) be exterminated for the greater good of humanity? It's so that the majority and smart ones from Europe and East Asia can settle there. From a utilitarian perspective, it would make sense right. Or maybe place Middle-Easterners there, since the land is good. After that, more quality manpower pool for humanity. If left alone, they'd lag behind anyway and the gap will be growing larger and larger. Not to mention they are lazy and breed like crazy, just like Africans.

Their women are too good to exterminate.

They're not that bad. Anons in this thread never heard of the Indonesian spice trade kingdoms or Khmer. So what if they were influenced heavily by their neighbors? Europeans were influenced heavily by Asians and vice versa. Also, what you're describing is genocide which is evil.

>smart
[citation needed]

They arent subhuman user its just they cant compete with Chinks, Koreans or Nips.

Have Europeans made anything original? they just copied off the Near East. Has Japan, done anything original? they just copied off China. I'll give you maybe China and India.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_real_GDP_growth_rate

what? i cannot hear you

Clove cigarettes are pretty fucking dope. Also Pad Thai and Sriracha.

The Nazis tried that with their Lebensraum and we frown upon them

>Have the people in this region made something original?
Literally the most effective small boat design was invented by Island SEAsians.

Well, no significant contributions then? Scientific breakthroughs or something?
The Ancient Greeks singlehandedly founded Western civilization. Guess where they were located?

I think he was talking about Germanic people

>The Mesopotamians singlehandedly founded Western civilization.
ftfy

>Mesopotamians
>Western
No.

Minoans founded Western civilization.
Greeks were simply a cheap imitation of Minoan greatness.

>only defining western civilization from a Yuro standpoint
No. Every decent Western Civilization course begins with Mesopotamia and Egypt, typically with some mention of hunter gather society before that. It is impossible to understand what was actually developed by Classical European Civilization (the term which should be used for what you are speaking of) without understanding the foundations laid out through Mesopotamia and later injected through Egypt.

I unironically want to wear one in public along with southern tagalog farmer's clothes, they just look so comfy.

Mesopotamian civilizations were fundamentally Asiatic and collectivist in character. The first individualist civilization with a culture with traits we can define as "Western" were the Minoans.

This has nothing to do with geography, by the way.

I agree. The laws and societal building blocks on which all of that was built originated in Western Asia, a part of Western Civilization. The Minoans also relied heavily on trade of goods and ideas from Egypt in their development.

But only with the Greeks that we see something like properly distinctive proto-sciences and disciplines. Math for Egyptians or Sumerians were part of religious rituals and state administrations respectively. It's only with Thucydides that something resembling modern history emerged, for example. Philosophy, too.

I agree again. I would ascribe that to Classical European Civilization specifically (more specifically to Ancient Greek Civilization, of course, but I hope you see what I am getting at), and not Western Civilization as a whole.

So you agree that compared to Europeans SEAmonkeys small contributions within the consumer sector are worthless, right? Even if all of them disappear humanity can still carry on and survive.

There is no such thing as original culture, originality is extremely rare, but common enough every society has some, but also rare enough no society has enough to crate a culture using only its own original ideas. Basically every society has traded and explored to some extent, most to a great extent, and taken aspects of other cultures to augment their own.

The only things that come close to originality are, as you say, india and china, but only insofar as they seem to have more originality from within than from without and this is only due to their size, not anything special about their actual culture.

That's too large of a leap for my Western Civ history autism to allow. I mean I am not as well read about the rest of history through the region. I can say I knew a Laotian and a Burmese family that both sacrificed a shitload from their perspective for the Allies and immigrated here when they were able. I say from their perspective because I can't say with any degree of certainty that the efforts of those sorts of people were widespread enough to be a fulcrum or crux, nor can I say that there wasn't enough antithetical action from others to negate those efforts, but I can say it didn't hurt. If it was totally worthless, we shouldn't bother at all. We do bother at least a little.

But then chinks and pajeets would just colonize it and we're back to step 1.

Why are people in this region so effeminate? Even more than East Asians.

They inventing btfoing Americans in the Vietnam war.

Mesopotamia and especially Assyria was the Eastern border of "Western" civilization. In classical times, it was the eastern region of classical polytheism, Zoroastrianism predominating to its East. It also became majority Christian at the same time as Europe and remained the Eastern border of Christianity as a majority religion until the end of the Middle Ages, especially Assyria. All of this is true of Egypt as well. That's not to say Europe took their culture from there, but they underwent the same developments over several millennia while the places east of Mesopotamia and Armenia/Azerbaijan never did. And more recently, the Ottoman society. So in conclusion:

>Asiatic and collectivist
>European and individualist
Moron. Or time travelling Frenchman. That is the real dichotomy here.

you must be basing this on a shaky definition of "western"

for there to be a west there must be an east, Greece was deeply connected to eastern Mediterranean trade, Greece was more Egyptian than British, but we call it western to differentiate it from the hotter more continental regions of this trade network that were fundamentally different, geopolitically, environmentally, genetically, culturally... we call it western because it was the first major polity of the land mass across the bosphorus

Western part of the old world.

West from the Chinese point of view.

'Known world' of Alexander.

>Moron
You know among adults when someone resorts to insults instead of giving a proper rebuttal it means that they lost the argument, right?

The Minoans, after two thousand years in which they had built up the first Western civilization, disappeared from the scene of European history. -- Gaetano De Sanctis, Storia dei Greci, p. 138.

It is in the Minoans that we can first find the individualist spirit, characteristics we associate with modern Western culture. [...] Compared to the more Asiatic and collectivist character of the civilizations in the Near East. -- Edward McNall Burns, Western Civilizations: Their History and Culture

This proves nothing.

Except those terms are used as name-calling in the first place. By people who literally would think 300 is realistic.

You just think it was more individualistic because Asia had sprawling empires and Europe had squabbling little Kingdoms and tribes. By that logic SE Asia was Western.

Europeans were never as individualistic as they think they are. That's why their asses had to be saved from slavery three times in the 20th century.

China has never made anything original.

They were one of the places to independently invent agriculture

It's a bit autistic but it rustles my jimmies that we call western civilization "western" when it's really central: Western would be Mesoamerican and Andean civilization, which indepedently invented most of what you all already mentioned as well.

>Papa New Guinea is a centre of origin of agriculture

I'll concede I don't have any expertise in the origins of agriculture, even as a hobbyist, but almost all of the maps i've seen showing agricultural origins list it as one.

Literally one of the last places to be inhabited by humans, a third of it is mountainous, tropical climate with no significant rivers.

Until European colonialism they were tribes with no significant outside contact. Where are their cities?

This is claimed by Polynesians, who have more international clout than the SEA jungle monkeys due to living in Anglo countries.

Anyone posting here in defense of Maritime Southeast Asia, is a dirty Filipino

>Where are their cities?

It's a map of agricultural origins, not civilizations. You don't need cities to practice agriculture, just small settlements. There were various north american tribes that cultivated corn and squashes and lived in small, perishable villages.

Imagine being as retarded as OP
Just imagine

The basis of deep ocean exploration for travel and subsistence is Southeast Asia.

Basically at the time when Negritos were the only people around.

>This is claimed by Polynesians, who have more international clout than the SEA jungle monkeys due to living in Anglo countries.
Polynesians definitely have more clout alright if they couldn't stop fucking eating.

Anywho the Outrigger canoe was invented by Austronesians. Who first settled in SEA before some of them expanded into the Pacific for lord knows what and became Polynesians.

Ayy Lmao swords, mostly.