China died with the fall of the Ming Dynasty

China died with the fall of the Ming Dynasty.

Who can dispute this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aup02OzOS10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>isolationist ming
>good
lol. china died when han fell.

In Japan, Isolation was how we developed our unique culture.

It's a good thing

May the Song Dynasty last 10 000 years

DESU

Implying that Japanese culture isn't just a rip off of Chinese that they got from centuries of trade with the Middle Kingdom

>Karate was originally written as "Chinese hand" (唐手 literally "Tang dynasty hand") in kanji.

How can the Peoples's Republic of China lay claim to a culture it didnt keep alive and actively destroyed?

Meanwhile Tang culture and architecture, confucian values flourish in Japan. Japan is the true inheritor of the culture, so don't call us a "ripoff".

The parent who adopted and raised the child is more of a parent than the biological parents who abandoned that child.

>Ming
>China
Unironically this
Even if Song had been China, Ming wouldn't be

Literally the same boarders

If I murder you and usurp your house, am I you?
China died long ago

The Ming continued to keep ancient traditions alive if I am not wrong.

>e parent who adopted and raised the child is more of a parent than the biological parents who abandoned that child.
Call it whatever you want. Your "unique" culture was the product of cultural exchange which developed in spite of, not because of, isolationism.

If I murder you, usurp your house and LARP as you, am I you?

Do you also take my job, fuck my wife, and register under my social security number?

youtube.com/watch?v=Aup02OzOS10

Fuck yeah

Did Korea die when the Goryeo dynasty fell?

Yes, just like France when they killed their king.

Good man.
How do you feel about Napoleon?

>Ming
>isolationist
Pick one.

He's at best an Italian usurper who ended the Terror.

Nationalism is antihistory

The chinese government

>Ming China.
>Isolationist
I guess Matteo Ricci and hundreds if not thousands of Jesuits just snuck in

>Who can dispute this?
Noone, because there is nothing to dispute. Your claim is fully and completely arbitrary.

It probably stems from narrow-minded nationalism, and desire to downplay modern days China.

t. chang
stop sprouting chinatown everywhere and fuck off to your shithole

China ended with unification under Qin. Records were destroyed, intellectual society and culture took a dive, and later during the Han buddhism (may allah forgive me for saying that word) seeped over the border. China took its last breath under Wang Mang.

Meanwhile Korea is a divergent continuation of the Ming.

No I'm pretty sure that Mao did.

Nope, that's not how Qing dynasty and their people and every foreigners dealt with them thought. The only things changed culturally in Qing were just cloth and hairstyle, everything else is basically the same.

>Who can dispute this?
I can, Qing dynasty can, countries who had diplomatic relationship with Qing also can. Qing actually is the first Chinese dynasty who specifically used "中國Middle Kingdom"(Dulimbai Gurun in Manchu) and "China"(in English) as legal titles, everyone who dealt with Qing back them also called them "China", including fucking Americans and British.

Now you can fuck off with your reverse nationalism.

Qing was not China. Neither was any state after han, up to and including ROC and PRC

>implying the Republic of China doesn't exist

>ROC was not China
what the fuck was it then faggot

Does france exist

Not since the Revolution, no.

wwww
Stupid nettouyo.

So what countries currently exist

>Neither was any state after han
>China hasn't existed for 1800 years
Are these the kinds of """minds""" that Veeky Forums attracts these days?

Tennō 天皇, the kanji used for Japanese emperor, was actually a Taoism deity, which was the personification of the Pole Star. And the first person who claimed himself as 天皇 was the third emperor of the Tang dynasty. Japan's three Imperial Regalia: Sword, Mirror and Jade, were also objects being worshiped in Taoism tradition. So basically Japan’s whole national religion, or Kokutai 国体 as how Japanese put it, is built around Taoism. Frankly speaking, Japanese culture is really not that unique.

No one
t. Korean

Imagine if Joseon became a constitutional monarchy and you never abolished Hanja. Imagine if we we were just rivals instead of colonisers. Japan and Korea would've been brother nations ;(

Liberal republic satanic secular abomination.

Japan, if they get rid of their parliament and nukes the USA.

>Constitutional monarchy
Sounds alright
>Abolishing Hanja
President Park banned it during his time because of his autism and there were talks of getting for a quite a while afterwards because it promoted "feudalism". But I think because of the recent resurgence of Chinkland, Chinese character use might even increase over time. Chinese is starting to gain an edge over English as the #1 foreign language. It's pretty easy to encounter (traditional) hanja in Korea. Pic related in a sauna I went to.
>Alliance of gooks and japs
Japan messed it up once the insane militarists took power. Too bad, I would prefer the Americans to stay on their side of the Pacific instead of pushing their crappy culture here if it wasn't for Rocketman.

>promoted "feudalism"
Isn't that almost communistic thinking

I think the opposite happened in Japan as more people tried to identify with the upper class, picking upper class surnames, keeping kanji etc.

Say it with me
>BIG
>MONGOL
>BOWS

Corsicans are not Italian.

So... so you think you can tell
Heaven from Hell

In some ways, Korea was a right-wing parallel to CCP China. Korea had a period of social change as a reaction against Joseon traditions, spurred by the influx of Western thinking. But unlike the Maoists, we still promoted traditional culture of a modified version because a lot of leftists were exterminated early on and we could shift a lot of the blame on neo-Confucianism and Chinese influence for our backwardness instead of the native culture.
The same thing happened for names as in Japan in Korea. The serfs and slaves usually took the last name of their masters along the lines of the Chinese system. The divergence lies in the 20th century, not the 19th. What's different is the immense of national pride Hangeul has for us. Hangeul's inventor is one of the greatest Korean heroes in history, its symbol of resistance against Japanese colonialism, and considered a scientific script. A lot of people bought into the meme of Chink runes as promoting illiteracy.

You were being rused. By constitutional monarchy, that jap meant he wanted Korea to still be formally part of the Japanese empire, with the emperor being the nominal ruler (head of state) of Korea at least. If you got duped, then it serves you right for trusting a jap.

Confucianism had one century to adapt to westernization and it couldn't. It was part of the problem that made Korea so desolate compared to Japan who westernized earlier, because of the ineffective bureaucracy.

Be quiet, English teacher.

He's of Tuscan descent. Last time I checked, Tuscany was still in Italy.

>symbol of resistance against Japanese colonialism

You are aware that Korea used Hanja thousand years before Japan colonised right??

Nationalistic delusion

I'm NEET

Well of course that's not what I meant. I was talking about the system itself, not anything about being a Japanese puppet.
>Meiji Japan
>Rejecting Confucianism
Are you aware of the sonno joi movement?

First, I'm a sinophile myself.
Second, it was not so much of a rejection as an affirmation of a part of Korean identity in response to forceful Japanese assimilation policies in the 1930's-40's. If I only praise the older of two siblings it doesn't mean I don't like the younger guy.

He's talking about hangul.

They dropped hangul completely and the only reason they use it today is Japan, user. Hangul was invented in 1446 and banned in 1504.
Educating people in its use or creating the holiday for it is all Japanese work. They did it because the system is closer to Japanese than Chinese and they were aiming to replace China as the top dog of East Asia.

I honestly can't blame this guy for thinking this way. Not with the christfags trying to spread their mental cancer from one corner of the globe to the next.

Imagine if you weren't auristic faggots bent on rape, slaughter, and pillage.

And Louis XVI was german and polish, what is your point?

>China died with the fall of the Song and Southern Song Dynasties

Fixed that for you, OP

china died with qianlong, and was resurrected with mao.

The idea of China will last for the next several millennia. In fact, I think it will be there even in the year 10'000, and it will probably still be governed by some sort of central autocratic authority or "collective emperor" as it is nowadays.

>aristofats are crying over a little kid
>they don't give a shit about the literally millions of kids that have died beacuse a king decided to become fatter
Of course I know it's all an act because you don't actually have emotions. You just want to feel superior to someone else so you cling to the outdated concept of kings actually having power.
Go to Morocco or Thailand.

Under that kind of retard logic, Rome collapsed with the formation of the Empire, and then proceeded to collapse dozens of times over. During the year of 4 Emperors, there were by your logic 4 separate Empires rising and falling in a single year.

Nope

>the only reason they use it today is Japan
I wouldn't say that. Hangul was guaranteed a high place in Korean education once the Confucian literati fell out of power. What the anti-Japanese struggle did was to further reinforce Hangul's status as a national emblem.

If we used genetic testing and historical records to find the rightful descendent of the Han dynasty could China be revived if led by an Imperial government?