Magyars

Were original Magyars mongoloid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6jaeSHfNTuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sargat culture, a likely ancestor of Magyars had a mix of Finno-Ugric and Indo-Iranian paternal and maternal lines.

Were Finno-ugric mongolians? why are Finns and Saami mongolian, if not?

>why are Finns and Saami mongolian
Fuck outta here

No. Finno-Ugrics don't come from Mongolia nor is there a relationship between Mongolian and Uralic languages that can't be explained by areal sharing.
The (pre?)Proto-Uralic homeland was likely somewhere between Altai and the Urals.
That's also where the Sargat were from.

Slightly probably.

Some Finno-Ugric people in the Arctic like the Nenets are phenotypically Monogoloid, but Magyars would've most likely looked something like the Komi.

Saami no longer look mongoloid because they mixed with Scandinavian natives, Germanics and less mongoloid Finns.

I'm not saying they come from mongolia, that just was a joke, but they do have a haplogroup originating from South China.

so partly mongoloid?

No, they were a turkic shit eating steppe people. Now they are just a shit eating people.

They were HUNZ AND SHIEEEET.

>so partly mongoloid?

From all the steppe admixture with Turkics, most likely yes. Kinda like Russians actually, since they have significant Finno-Ugric ancestry but they also mixed with Tatars.

But today Magyars are practically indistinguishable from their Carpathian neighbors. There was all the fuss in the 19th-20th century of ascribing "race" based on language, so that's why you may see maps where Hungarians are not marked as Caucasian, or they are shaded.

>but they do have a haplogroup originating from South China.

What do you mean? N1c doesn't exist there.
If I had to guess N1c is linked to the introduction of pottery from NE Asia to Siberia in 10000 BC.
So that's why Native Americans don't have it.

I know that Hungarians are not mongoloid, I'm asking about Magyars, hungarian might be hardly Magyar genetically.
mixing with Turks is possible, but I'm not sure Uralic people were completely non-mongols either.

t. salty balkanshit

This is from about a decade before they found that NO* man from paleolithic Romania.
Now there's no real reason to think South China is the answer to NO/N. It could be North China, Mongolia or Kazakhstan.

The point is that, it's a mongolian haplogroup and people with that haplogroup tend to look more like Ghengis khan.

People from the Liao river civilization (early chinese neolithic in norther china) were found to be predominantly hg N

The answer is pretty much what posted.

Finno-Ugrics have had ancestral migration from northern China, around the Liao river last time I read upon it. The northern populations on the Arctic coast of Siberia mostly remained heterogeneous while southern populations, like the Magyars, had significant Eurasian mixture.

Finns have a small amount of East Asian DNA from mongoloid migrations to Finland.
youtube.com/watch?v=6jaeSHfNTuQ

Finns are in Europe by all geographical definitions, and while genetically an ilsand like Sardinians they still don't "look" Asian, as in their phenotype is Caucasian. Compared to their northern and eastern Uralic cousins, like the Nenets, the difference is clear.

The Uralic people people who migrated most likely looked like that. It's just that the more agrarian ones like the Finns and Estonians had been thoroughly assimilated with European populations. Even herders like the Sami, who were essentially nomadic Finns, developed European features from contact with Scandinavians.

Are hungarians related to KARA BOGA?

So magyars were mongols after all. but I still don't understand one more thing, why would Hungarians, who are not related to magyars adopt the language of some short, ugly mongols? what motivated them to do that? how does that happen?

It was the language of the elite, m8

eliter, mongol, manlet horsearchers. exactly how can you have that as an elite, if you are an European.

They were actually pretty white.

They came when Slavic principalites of Central Europe were already destroyed by Franks. They were an easy target.

>destroyed by Franks
Yeah that never happened. They were mostly ruled by Slavic princes who themselves were Frankish vassals, not enemies.

Frankish raid on Samo's country was real.

Samo was a Frank himself, defeated Eastern Franks in a war, not to mention he died like 200 years before Magyars invaded. I meant people like Braslav who was a vassal of Arnulf.

The finno people apostatized millenias ago

Probably not but who cares they were Veeky Forums as fuck

Why the fuck does both the Slav and the Magyar look like Saddam Hussein

why do humans have two eyes, two ears, one mouth and one nose?