Saints recommend over and over the practice of Eucharistic Adoration

>Saints recommend over and over the practice of Eucharistic Adoration
>Tell us over and over about the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist and the power of simply being in its presence
>Random protestants make memes like pic related and spam them on Facebook

Can anyone explain

Protestants literally think that just believing will save you, they are beyond retarded.

Christians think the idea of a lawless Jesus forcing his followers to be sinful cannibals and vampires is an abomination.

Catholics are just fine with it.

Yeah, strange how Christians believe the bible, and Catholics do not.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him might not perish, but have everlasting life.

"lol your actions don't matter"

t. calvinists

"lol you can work your way into heaven by putting God in your debt"

t. papists

To me, this image implied that going to church was a manner of saying that faith alone (sola fide) is not enough to become a good christian but that good deeds are also deemed necessary.

I don't think it's nuanced at all.

If you think going to church makes you a christian, then you also think standing in a garage makes you a car.

James:14 -26.

Calvinists don't say your actions don't matter, they say your actions are predetermined. That's a pretty huge difference.

"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit.
Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers.
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
"Why do you call me, `Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice.
He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.
But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

Luke 6:43-49

There is no James 14.

Care to try again?

You know you really should differ between protestants and American evangelical "protestants". Americans perverted protestantism and it's hardly the only thing they perverted.

That has nothing to do with salvation.

Calvinism: You do good works because you are saved
Cathocucks: You are saved because you do good works

>...having a form of righteousness, but denying its power....

>Calvinism
This is not unique to Calvinism.

What? Schizo.

No, it's also the Lutheran belief. It's just modern Catholics are literal Pelagian retards who believe you can "earn" your way into heaven.

The nice man with his nice degrees giving sermons on how to be nice to each other has none of the power of the Holy Spirit within him to actually effect powerful change in people.

He's just a nice man.

Exactly. Christians know that good works were prepared for us to walk in after we are saved, and the people who are called to the New Covenant are people zealous for good works.

>power of the Holy Spirit tells you to prostrate yourself before Israeli Jews and donate to Joel Osteen's country club

I'm not surprised that you have absolutely no idea what the power of the Holy Spirit is.

Not one bit.

That's what Ameriblubbers think it is.

Predestination is retarded and goes against everything Christ stood for. Did you forget he preferred to spend time with the beggars and tax collectors over the good men? If only those who were good were saved and not those who became good, then why even bother sending Christ to Earth in the first place? Silly ideology.

>mfw grew up in baptist/evangelical family
>mfw second one is mocking things that are actually sort of true

>Catholics: faith and good works are necessary to be saved, since one is useless without the other. Salvation is caused by God's grace, but we must freely accept Him.
>Lutherans: faith is the only necessary component. True good works are a byproduct of faith, since free will needs the Holy Spirit to do spiritually good works.
>Reformists: YOU'RE SAVED BECAUSE GOD DECIDED FROM THE BEGINNING WHETHER YOU'RE SAVED. IF YOU AREN'T AN ELECT YOU'RE FUCKED FROM THE START AND GOD WANTS YOU TO BURN IN HELL.
What did they mean by this

I don't know how that contradicts predestination at all. New Testament outright says only the elect will be saved.

>YOU ARE SILLY

and your asinine comment has relevance only to the 144,000 Jewish males during the tribulation

Your understanding of these things is less than zero.

Op pic is fucking retarded logic. Who stands in a garage thinking they're a car?

Except you would never become a car by ingesting oil, but you might become a saint by ingesting the Eucharist enough

Yes and everyone accepts heretics will be saved if they convert

The point is they don't convert if God doesn't draw them.
>Noone can come to me unless my father who sent me draws them
Man in his natural state after the fall is a hater of god. Read romans 1-3.

The problem is you rejected the concept without understanding it.

>If only those who were good were saved and not those who became good, then why even bother sending Christ to Earth in the first place
You don't understand the first thing in christian theology. Including the catholic understanding of these. Those who were good? Literally none. Explicitely "noone is seeking god NOT ONE." There is noone good enough to get saved. They get saved because Jesus died for them. "I pray for them I pray not for the world but FOR THOSE YOU HAV GIVEN TO ME AND OF THEM I SHALL LOOSE NONE".
The father draws the elect to Jesus, the holy spirit changes their evil heart through generation (literally the new testament Moses prophecised) and Jesus died for them.
Where do you think else unbelievers come from? Does God fail to draw them? Does the holy spirit fail to transform them to lovers of God? Does Jesus fail to save them?

It's more of a critique against "Christians" who think they cut it just by going to church, so just Christians in name only. We should all be going to church (just like we should be keeping our car in the garage) but we're not saved just by doing that.

Nothing in that says you are saved through your actions

Not the poster, but yes. yes it does.