From a philosophical standpoint, is maternity leave as we have in the West fair to males...

From a philosophical standpoint, is maternity leave as we have in the West fair to males? Doesn't it destroy the concept of equality? Should males get paternity leave?

Other urls found in this thread:

peelregion.ca/health/family-health/before-pregnancy/moms/mothers-financial-prep/canadian-maternity-leave.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Should males get paternity leave?
We do.
Sorry about living in a fascist state that demonizes basic stuff as "commie hippie libshit", Amerimutt.

Where? Scandinavia maybe... it's not a common thing. Tell me more. How much time do you get as paternity leave?

Historically women have always gotten a break for child-carrying/rearing.

Especially in agrarian societies. Hell, sometimes that can last for as long as baby;s first steps, then mom gets back to farming

Big guns big cocks big brains big gov
Must be merica the best nation in the world

>paying someone to do nothing

Is tending to a newborn baby "to do nothing", you fucking dike?

Maternity Leave may be gone soon; the UK and some other Nations have replaced it with a shared leave which both the mother and father can use depending on what they want.

Maternity Leave is a large reason for the gender earning gap (over a lifetime) so perhaps with shared leave we may see the death of this gap

Not him, but the system in Germany is pretty good.
The mother gets free leave 6 weeks before and 8 weeks after the childbirth.
After that, there are 36 month parental leave that both parents can share.
How they take it is up to them. E.g. they could both take 18 months together, or they could switch every month, or even father takes it all would be possible.

>my kid is your responsibility
So would you gladly accept your role as "designated father" and pay child support for your wife's son?

I have nothing against the little shit and I wish him masses of wealth and prosperity, this level of cuckoldry is a little too much for me tho.

Feel free to keep living in dumbfuckinstan then

Your employer isn't the one that squirted his cum up your stupid twat, retard.
Maternity leave and all of that other bullshit is retarded and companies should be in no way required to offer it. Why the fuck should I have to pay someone to not work? Feminists tell me that if I fire a woman, I'm obligated to pay her to not come in for one week out of every month for her period, so I'm already only getting 75% of the work out of her as I would a man. And then they also want me to pay them to be gone for 9 months, in addition to several months after the birth, for absolutely nothing. Fuck that. "Gimme gimme gimme gimme," that pretty much sums up the modern mindset with Millennials.

I run into this mindset all the time. I run a construction company, every now and then I have to hire some 18 year old kid because it's someone's nephew or some shit. They all show up late and will take a few days off within two months for being "sick" or some other bullshit, then they get pissy when they get fired. I've got people lined up around the block who actually need money to support their families, I don't have time to waste on spoiled brats who were never taught that you'll be paid what you're worth.

I'm sorry, which irrelevant country are you from?

>that if I fire a woman
if I hire a woman*

>taking care of a newborn
>do nothing
what did she mean by this

I know you can't understand, but there are places in the world where people built societies in which people care about each other.
>Too bad shitskins noticed

>muh fee feez
Get fucked, retard. Caring about people doesn't mean I should be required to give them money to do literally nothing for me. I don't run a soup kitchen, I build shit and I hire people to help me do it. I know you can't understand this because you've never had a position of responsibility in your life, but one day you'll grow up and understand.

>never had a position of responsibility in your life,
Your ad hominem missed the target here son

>to do literally nothing for me
Helping my neighbour raise a white child is quite important to me. "It takes a village...".
Ofc you seem to live in some kind of Darwinian jungle, then I pity you

Canadafag reporting -- we get "parental leave" to split up however we want to claim it. It's like EI (US calls it "unemployment" I think?) We get 44 weeks paid leave (I think) so either we can both take 22, or we can do 10 - 34 or whatever else we want. Generally women take the bulk of it bc they're nursing or bc their husbands have a better job but that definitely isn't ALWAYS the case. When I had my kid, I was still doing my PhD so my wife went back to work so we'd have more income overall.

peelregion.ca/health/family-health/before-pregnancy/moms/mothers-financial-prep/canadian-maternity-leave.htm

Quick rundown of what it is and what you get. Not as good as much of Europe, but there's talk of extending it to 18 months which would be amazing.

Yes. Children are a social good, it's right for the state to support social goods.

>Helping my neighbour raise a white child

Why do you have to specify race?

>white
No such thing.

Why do Americans get so mad with these subjects?

Their media and politics are effectively controlled by Jewish oligarchs which is why they unironically believe that supporting the provision of public services makes you a communist

>claiming to be a staunch meritocrat
>hiring people out of nepotism
Ayn Rand would be disgusted.

they do nothing for me, why should I pay them

What the fuck. It's the complete opposite of cuckoldry unless you're being weirdly Freudian about it.