Christians of Veeky Forums why do you believe Islam is incorrect and that Christianity is correct?

Christians of Veeky Forums why do you believe Islam is incorrect and that Christianity is correct?
I want a civil discussion seeing as most discussions around Islam usually devolve into Muhammad was a pedophile/goatfucker etc as arguments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHH0DbRs2ns
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Christianity is correct
b/c Yehoshua never had sex with goats

Impossible, the only ones around here are all either liars or psychotic.

Both are correct. Read the book!

You a liar, psychotic, or both?

How? And hwhat book

>Christians of Veeky Forums why do you believe Islam is incorrect and that Christianity is correct?

They honestly have no theological or religious basis, for it, so they either post about goats or will say something where they think it's more "peaceful" or something

Superbook of Superfaith

Vol 1. Vedas, author Krishna
Vol 2. Old Testament, author Moses
Vol 3. Tao Te Ching, author Laozi
Vol 4. Tripitaka, author Buddha
Vol 5. New Testament, author Jesus
Vol 6. Koran, author Muhammad
Vol 7. Mormon, author Joseph Smith

A best Seller here

Jesus pretty much said that he would be the last prophet, and that any who came after him would be false.

Also, from a non-theological point of view, it is incredibly obvious that the Quran was written purposefully as a means of obtaining power. Muhammed never cared about God or any of that shit. He was pissed off that he was an outcast and came up with a religion that gave him free will to execute everyone he didn't like. It was/is a cult that got taken way too far.

Ah, we see you're reading Volume 5 and
Volume 6 of our Book, good, very good.

I'll start off by saying I haven't read the Koran, but from what I gather it claims that a lot of things that happened in the Bible weren't true. Like Jesus never claiming to be God.

On the other hand, the Bible's new testament never claims the old testament was wrong: it's much more of a continuation.

It's this sort of disconnect from Abrahamic tradition that seems off. Like "oh, yeah that didn't happen, believe me!"

The Quran never claims the Bible is wrong, and in the Hadith we see Muhammad presiding over Christian disputes by referring to the Bible.

true, very true

>The Quran never claims the Bible is wrong
Care to elaborate on this?

Unless I've been terribly misled, Muslims don't recognize Jesus as the son of God. Ergo they claim the various parts of the bible that describe him as such are wrong.

>in the Hadith we see Muhammad presiding over Christian disputes by referring to the Bible
Could you provide an example or two?

because the quran and the hadith are the most laughable religious texts ever cobbled together
read through it and wonder why allah is so desperate to please muhammad, when the former is supposed to be the deity and the latter is supposed to be the prophet...
makes you wonder, don't you think?

Because Jesus spread a revolutionary message of love and humanity. If you read the Qu'ran it's is transparently obvious that Muhammad was a charlatan.

Muhammad got upset people told him he was a heretic and told him to fuck off, so he raided caravans with his band of mercenaries and thieves. Muhammad told his followers that Allah said he was permitted to fuck their wives (Only him though because he is the prophet), Muhammad told his followers that Allah told them not to stay too long when they visit him because he's too much of an autistic beta to tell them to leave when they overstay their welcome.

Do these appear to be the actions of a legitimate prophet from God or a person who figured out he could get whatever he wanted if he pretended to be one? It's so ridiculously obvious you seriously have to wonder how people can read the Qu'ran and come to any other conclusion

>Christians of Veeky Forums why do you believe Islam is incorrect and that Christianity is correct?

Because they symbols "King" and "God' are inviolate in any language no matter how many false prophets you throw at them.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHH0DbRs2ns

Muslims are actually Christians

>Muslims don't recognize Jesus as the son of God
But they recognize him as a major prophet, and if I am not mistaken he is the second most important person in the Koran. They believe in his participation in the apocalypse as well.

Muslims believe theirs is a continuation from previous traditions but that people have, as time went on, diverged from the original message. That's why they agree on some parts but not on others, supposedly the message has been corrupted. Muslims say Jesus and Moses were muslims too.

This also plays into their use of the koranic language in the scriptures as a way to preserve the original text as unaffected as possible.

I am no muslim so other with more info feel free to correct me.

>But they recognize him as a major prophet

So they're demeaning Christ's position and missing the whole point.

>missing the whole point.
I don't see how that could be. Isn't the message of Jesus more important than his authority as a Divine being?

No they are both of equal importance.

>didn't hurt a single person in his life
Jesus certainly hurt those shekelfags when he kicked them out of the temple, get your faggoty Saul fanfic Jesus out of here

Ya he did bust a few jaw of the wicked, proving there is an acceptable use of violence.

Both jesus and muhammed were semites who brainwashed you all into believing sandmonkey fiction

>Superbook of Superfaith
>Vol 1. Vedas, author Krishna
>Vol 2. Old Testament, author Moses
>Vol 3. Tao Te Ching, author Laozi
>Vol 4. Tripitaka, author Buddha
>Vol 5. New Testament, author Jesus
>Vol 6. Koran, author Muhammad
>Vol 7. Mormon, author Joseph Smith
>A best Seller here

Love my copy.
Sure is heavy.

Krishna

How was he an outcast when he was a trader in yhe employ of a rich widow or when he was respected enough to be chosen as arbiter between city states?

The Koran sets a standard for itself that it just cannot meet.

O Disbelievers,

I do not worship what you worship.
Nor do you worship what I worship.
Nor do I serve what you serve.
Nor do you serve what I serve.
You have your way, and I have my way.

YHWH Allah
(LORD God)

That's Ali you absolute doofus.

LA ILAHA ILA ALLAH

MUHAMMAD RASUL ALLAH

His message is that you can be saved if you accept him as the son of god; anything short of that just kills it all.

The Islamic faith is illegitimate as it was based on raiding caravans, massacring entire tribes, spreading the faith through the sword. The Arab is attracted to savagery and violence so this religion appealed to them, there is nothing inherently spiritual or religious about it, it wasn't a revolution, it encourages polygamy and set the foundation for a decadent and unstable society.

If it had different origins with actual prophecies, miracles, teachings (that didn't tell you to drink camel piss) and whatnot, I might be able to take it more seriously. As it stands right now, over 50% of Muslims in the world are inbred, are you really going to listen to a people who are inbred lunatics who blow themselves up and stone women, not to mention needing verification from 5 different men to conclude that a woman was raped? I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Because Jesus said that He is the Way, and the only way to the Father is through Him, the Son.

You have the second part? I remember that thread.

The same way I know Mormonism is incorrect.

Here you go

ty my man

I AM
Muhammad
I AM

>O Disbelievers,
>I do not worship what you worship.
>Nor do you worship what I worship.
>Nor do I serve what you serve.
>Nor do you serve what I serve.
>You have your way, and I have my way.
>YHWH Allah
>(LORD God)

Praise be to God, Lord of the Worlds.
The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
Master of the Day of Judgment.
It is You we worship,
and upon You we call for help.
Guide us to the straight path.
The path of those You have blessed,
not of those against whom there is anger,
nor of those who are misguided.

Muhammad

Mohammad had no witnesses to his "revelations", so his credibility rests solely on his character. Which was shit.

M was the False Prophet. Thus resides eternally in hell.

You rang? What's up?
Solar Flares time?
The Holy Ghost

They dont believe rhe bible utself is wrong but that the words were repeatedly changed, misinterpreted and falsified accirding to the whims of the priesthood and the internal designs if the followers.
Which is historically quite accurate.

> Jesus spread a revolutionary message of love and humanity.

"As for those who do not want me to be their king, bring them on to me" jesus

Literally telling his followers to kill nonbelievers.

>Muslims say Jesus and Moses were muslims too.

This is a popular as opposed to docteinal sentiment.
In doctrine, they were considered mo'mineen which means believers. I.e. they followed gods commands as best they could and are deserving of heaven uf gid wills it.
It was possible before anzal al wahi ala muhamad (revelations of mohamed) to be a mo'min.
After islam, the only way to be a mo'min is to be a muslim.

Maybe you guys are just ilogically clinging to the idea that god would dein to be a man and that sins can be inherited. Both claims denied by muslims.

Truth

Oh i thought that was alis son, hussein.

Oddly similar to the pharoahs message, the ptolemies message, the roman sun cult message and every other pagan dynasty to boot.

Thats a meccan sura, specifically when mohamed was scared they were gunna kill his ass.
Try completing a few medinan suras
"And when the sacred monthes have passed...."
"And though you may night like killing...
"allah has made lawful their.... and their.... for you..."

The entire compilation of the revelations was based off of witness testimony and the collections of the scribes meant to be their whenever a new surah showed up.
The only non witnessed one was the fatiha

If you believe in either you only stray further from Ma'at and the universal truth. Your Ka will be tainted and you shall not be allowed to endure in the Field of Reeds.

can i get into the field of reeds by playing yugioh

Islam has no valid claims. Muhammad does not have the characteristics of an actual prophet, and he speaks directly against what actual prophets before him spoke and against Christ. The guy spent years failing and failing with plain preaching until he became violent about his goals.

Also, Muhammad's attempts to discredit Christainity are just weak and transparently fake, like the claims that Jews and Christians were in on a big conspiracy to rewrite Scripture. There are also plain falsehoods stated (sperm coming from the kidney) in the Kuran which are unacceptable for a piece that claims to be the direct word of God.

I won't bother with making an actual list, but the whole religion of Islam is built on shaky ground and the fakeness of it all is palpable. I'm a Christian, but I can still feel some sensation of sacredness in other major faiths, but Islam is as ridiculous as Mormonism and Scientology. It's a badly constructed religion.

No.

>Islam has no valid claims.

God exists, god is one. If you are christian, this is a valid claim.

>Muhammad does not have the characteristics of an actual prophet

Moses was a murderer and lot offered his iwn daughters up to get raped. And theres that guy who tried to shirk his duty to god and got swallowed by a fish.

All prophets had their flaws.

>and he speaks directly against what actual prophets before him spoke

The council of nicea was not composed of prophets.

*and against Christ.

Given that hmthe qurans claims about what christ said are about as valid as what the bible says, its a moot point.
The contradiction is one that can be resolved by sheer emotionalism or cultural preference.

>The guy spent years failing and failing with plain preaching until he became violent about his goals.

He gained a following in a hostile environment and out of fear for the safety if his flock, had them move out to medina and ethiopia (where they were welcomed by the christians)
Only when the revelation was descended after the meccans attacked medina, was he ordered to begin his war.

>Also, Muhammad's attempts to discredit Christainity are just weak

Recognizing the difference between 1 and 3/ god and man is not a weak argument.Its the gem of retarded that christianity was built on and lead to several schisms, heresies and internal holy wars.

>and transparently fake, like the claims that Jews and Christians were in on a big conspiracy to rewrite Scripture.

Blase' misreprisentation of islamic teachings. Jewish and chrustian tribes were however definitely conspiring together at several points to destroy islam in its cradle. Due in part to their fear of change and vassalage to the eastern roman powers.

There are also plain falsehoods stated (sperm coming from the kidney) in the Kuran which are unacceptable for a piece that claims to be the direct word of God.

I won't bother with making an actual list, but the whole religion of Islam is built on shaky ground and the fakeness of it all is palpable. I'm a Christian, but I can still feel some sensation of sacredness in other major faiths, but Islam is as ridiculous as Mormonism and Scientology. It's a badly constructed religion.

>All prophets had their flaws.
Other prophets have one or two lapses, Mohemmed continually and unrelentingly murdered and raped wherever he went.

>just because a religion has been used for violence and destruction doesn't mean we can't collectively apply it Platonically to higher ideals and Good in general

Are you retarded or something? Quranism is a legitimately good way to live your life. If you don't find yourself giving more to the poor after reading the Quran, you are missing something.

That's just incorrect and false.

>There are also plain falsehoods stated (sperm coming from the kidney) in the Kuran which are unacceptable for a piece that claims to be the direct word of God.

Talking snakes, walking on water, resurrections, flight and your hung up on a verse that can readily be interpreted to mean that sperm requires blood to be produced. And is wirded that way 1)to express a readily understood meaning in relation to the audience 2) in a grammatically perfect way according to the rules of the language. And 3) to preserve aesthetic value not uncommon in semitic literature

>I won't bother with making an actual list,

Because your argument is filled with wholes and it just gets worse the more you add on to it.

>but the whole religion of Islam is built on shaky ground

Again, talking snakes.

>and the fakeness of it all is palpable.

Apparently not to the millions if people who would spend years studying it and come to the conclusion that they should kill and die for it.

>I'm a Christian

What a twist. Didnt see that coming. You sure showed me.

*but I can still feel some sensation of sacredness in other major faiths

Only gies to show how superficial your understanding of other major faiths are.

>but Islam is as ridiculous as Mormonism and Scientology. It's a badly constructed religion.

Islam believes in one god his not 3 but is one.
They believe that jesus was a prophet which is reasonable assuming you accept the abrahamic model of god.
They believe that jews and christians fucked up their texts beyond solid comprehention which is undeniable (its why shit like soulless JW and UFO mormons can come out of christianity.)

Mormons believe in aliens.

Scientologists believe in reincarnated aliens.

One of these things does not look like the others.

+1

Now you're just making shit up.
Mohamed did what he was ordered too by god.
In the same win that god can order the killing of entire nations and their infants,

he sure as fuck can order the killing if hostile tribes.

Like we killed the atheists on Veeky Forums!

>tfw you realize that Polytheists = Atheists today

Why can't humanity get it right? Philosophically Neo-Pythagoreanism confirms, unity is the source of everything!

Considering Im an atheist on 4 chan and a fedorah burner will attempt to turn up if this thread continues.

Your words bare no meaning.

>and he speaks directly against what actual prophets before him spoke

Christ spoke against prophets before him

Might as well just give up, all the scientific, atheistic threads are dying. Especially the ones regarding evolution, ESPECIALLY if they have a bent against God or religion.

Might as well go back to The Quran asserts that some people are too dumb to believe in God.

>Might as well just give up

Funnily enough I hadn't indeavored to discredit what was never here in the first place.

>all the scientific, atheistic threads are dying.

This thread is amazingly atheistic tbqhwyf. I can larp as whatever religion i want and shit out meme tier arguments that inevitably get supported by one of you retards. Its like anonymous godless freaks and degenerates are the only practical definition of god on here.

>Might as well go back to But I like this place.

>The Quran asserts that some people are too dumb to believe in God.

So instead they believe in Allah?

Jesus fulfilled the prophecy. Anyone who came after him is false.

Jesus was the embittered bastard son of a cheating whore who didn't want to get stoned to death.

This discussion is for Muslims and Christians. Take your Jewish views to reddit

Jesus is great. But he is not the last prophet. Neither is Mohammad, there will clearly be more. Just look around you and listen!

>This thread is amazingly atheistic tbqhwyf.
And yet, is FULL of people saying how much they believe in God. There was a fucking thread on atheism that was heavily religious, it's still alive.

>So instead they believe in Allah?
Allah is literally the same thing as God, you moron. Same as Yahweh, or any other monotheistic deity. He is a real force in this universe.

>Jesus is great. But he is not the last prophet. Neither is Mohammad, there will clearly be more

That’s where you are wrong.

No, I'm not. And the events that are occurring today are proving me right.

The Book of Revelations, despite what anyone says may have been speaking of a prophet. And perhaps the Quran was speaking of a future prophet as well. Makes you think.

I see a lot of quality threads about Islam here and in Veeky Forums lately, is this your new larping material now that you people ran out of catholic memes?

>The Book of Revelations, despite what anyone says may have been speaking of a prophet.

Chapter?

“Islam” supposedly means peace but Mohammad is one of the most violent religious figureheads today.

>he is not the last prophet. Neither is Mohammad,

Are you a baha'i?

>there will clearly be more. Just look around you and listen!

I see the slutty work babes, my overweight boss and the rec room.

>is FULL of people saying how much they believe in God.

Saying is believing after all isn't it familial?

>There was a fucking thread on atheism that was heavily religious, it's still alive.

Of this Im sure.

>Allah is literally the same thing as God, you moron.

No, not really. It's similar but its behaviourisms and goals are sufficiently different from christian "god" from jewish "El" for example Allah can lie if he wants to, can engage in deception and can go back on his word if he so chooses.

>He is a real force in this universe.

The firce if socialization, environment, superstition and collective human stupidity/ineptitude, yes.

Yes.

Specifically the Lion with the bleeding head who came out of the sea, followed by a dragon.

These beings might have been portrayed as evil, but perhaps they herald a new age.

The futuristic aspects of religion are fascinating. After all, time is nothing to God. What I see in the Koran is a prediction of the future as well. God even says there are multiple Earths. Different worlds to discover. The problem is, think about the mentalities of people. They are unfaithful. The prophet that is to come will have to be wholly immaterial. His signs will be of a spiritual nature.

That isn't to say that God will not still be a physical component of reality and show you physical signs, but I am simply saying the prophet that is to come will interact solely with the IMMATERIAL aspects of God and spirituality.

Islam means surrender.
Salam means peace
The bith share the root word sa-la-ma which means to give an item in good faith.

>It's similar but its behaviourisms and goals are sufficiently different from christian "god" from jewish "El" for example Allah can lie if he wants to, can engage in deception and can go back on his word if he so chooses.
And what was the binding of Isaac?

>firce
Learn to spell please.

>These beings might have been portrayed as evil, but perhaps they herald a new age

Oh, so you’re a New Ager.

>And what was the binding of Isaac?

A whim, a fancy, a lie, it was whatever Allah wanted it to be.
The quran even says that being a good muslim isnt a garuntee of heaven.
Allah can just up and decide to throw everyone in hell if he wanted.

>Learn to spell please.

For who? You? Nigger pleasw

I'm someone that believes Prophets are entities which are continually coming and going for evidence of God.

The point was, the lesson of Abraham and Isaac was in the OLD TESTAMENT. The point was that God DID go back on his word. And God COULD decide to do that if he wanted. He has free will, but he is just. So he will not.

That's a very muslim interpretation. Christians doctrinally don't see it that way and the muslim definition of Justice is rather different than the christian one.

The fact is god doesnt promise abraham anything. He simply commands him.
Abraham demonstrated his obedience and so god ordered not to complete the task at hand and gave him an ulternative as an acceptable sacrifice.

This is closer to deseption than it is out right, the breaking of a promise.

Im more concerned with his betrayal of humanity several times over and his outright lie in professing love for that which he repented creating so readily.

Man kind was once united under god and they saught to emulate him but he refused this and destroyed the tower and divided man, giving way to the very paganism he presumably hated.

The god of the christians makes about as much sense as the muslim god but the two presented very differently.

In christianity god IS his word there isnt real a difference, practical or otherwise.

In islam god is his WILL. His word is no different than his creation; an ephemeral means to an end.

>my interpretation of Abrahamic religion is better than your interpretation of Abrahamic religion

There is no deception in Islam. God's word is the Quran after all. It's why Quranism is prevalent. Truth is very important to God, I don't see why you keep saying he is deceitful in the Quran, I don't remember reading anything about that.

God has multifaceted ways by which he teaches his creation things. The story of Abraham was one such story.

He can teach people things by the conquest of war, for certain. This is mentioned but one time in the Quran but many times in the Old Testament, before you get carried away, random Quran-hater.

>mad that progress is made every day with understanding more about how real God is and how the different holy texts connect.

>Vol 1. Vedas, author Krishna
lol stfu

Nah this thread, threads like it and essentially all of theology really is the theistic equivalent to theorycrafting about fantasy worlds on a roleplay forum or something. It's like reading up the lore to a legend of Zelda game and trying to figure the migration patterns of the Gerudo. It's stupid.

This is the one true way.

>There is no deception in Islam.

In the case of simple deception, god deceived all who where present at the crucifixtion according to the muslim account.
Another account of his deceptions would be lie by ommission, given the details of iblees son of soomia's past before adam and what happened then.
And also theres the miracle of the cave where gid falsifies evidence specifically to ensure mohamed is kept hidden.

The quran also has interesting phrases like "he guides who he wishes and lead astray whom he wishes"
"He hardens their hearts so they cannot see the truth" and so on.

It adds up to a god willing to lie.

>God's word is the Quran after all.

Which is why it's effectively meaningless.

>It's why Quranism is prevalent.

No that's because the dogma its insanely easy to credibly misrepresent.
The so called Khargites,the Sunnis, Ahmadeyas, Quranies, the Shias all have radically different ideas about how to interpret and apply.
Almost as if it had no principal meaning at all besides what works for you personally at the time that is.

>Truth is very important to God

Except when he lies.

>I don't see why you keep saying he is deceitful in the Quran, I don't remember reading anything about that.

Memorize harder.

>God has multifaceted ways by which he teaches his creation things.

Including lies.

>The story of Abraham was one such story.

He proved he was just by ordering a man to kill his child? Or that his designs were constant because he changed the order at the last minute?

>He can teach people things by the conquest of war, for certain.

I am insane and powerful. Be afraid of me. Allah

>before you get carried away, random Quran-hater.

I dont hate the quran. I hate the muslims who live by it.

Jesus literally never said he was the son of God in the New Testament. In some versions, for correction, it is completely omitted.

>And also theres the miracle of the cave where gid falsifies evidence specifically to ensure mohamed is kept hidden.
You mean like how David hid from Saul?

>"He hardens their hearts so they cannot see the truth"
That is an explanation for sin, you moron!
>The so called Khargites,the Sunnis, Ahmadeyas, Quranies, the Shias all have radically different ideas about how to interpret and apply.
Yes but at least they believe in God, unlike you. They are trying. You make little to no effort at all.

Yeah you are a moron. Have you ever studied the Neo-platonic implications of Islam? How about the Neo-pythagorean aspects of unity?

The Quran was RIGHT when it said people were too dumb to believe in God, wasn't it? God was right about you!

Diarrhea of a reply.