Why is atheism so prevalent nowadays?

why is atheism so prevalent nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

s8int.com/sodom-gomorrah.html
youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because religion stopped being a tool for enlightenment and started becoming a bludgeoning weapon to coerce social conformity.

Low religiosity is.
Very few people are without supernatural beliefs.
t. atheist

Partially because science keeps on advancing so there's far less room for the "god of the gaps" type of faith that was common in earlier eras.

And also because of increased knowledge of foreign religions. When you know that there are numerous other religions that all claim to be the one true religion, and you start looking into the beliefs and find that they're normal people rather than crazy devil-worshipers, it's hard not to start to wonder why your own religion would be true when all theirs are false. A Christian or a Moslem or whatever has the attitude of an atheist towards countless thousands of gods, so why not disbelieve in one more?

It's not. Outside of Europe and China atheism isn't prevalent at all, and even then Europe and China are both becoming more religious over time.

Any religion inevitably hinders one's personal freedom.

>DONT TELL ME I CANT FAP AND EAT MYSELF TO DEATH REEEE

science can't prove that God or the supernatural doesn't exist.

Somebody's read the god delusion!!!!

Christians in Veeky Forums really become angrier and angrier.
>inb4 funny hat

>Europe and China are both becoming more religious over time.

False

Education and freedom of speech.

Sure but does that mean you can't doubt the claims of religions?

I'm not a Christian. And I only said that because, I too, have read the god delusion. (When I was a young, angsty lad)

How does education make you less religious?

Rising education and standard of living

True.

It's true, Europe is becoming more Moslem, while China is becoming more Christian.

Lmao okay Cleetus.

In New England it is genuinely strange to encounter a practicing Christian in their 20's.

>my personal anecdote trumps global statistics
I thought atheists were supposed to be smart

This.

Lots of people believe in ghosts and stuff like that.

I'd argue that moral absolutism is also some form of supernatural belief, since nature seems pretty uncaring.

Wrong. Europe is becoming even less religious

were not talking about religion were talking about whether God exists.
how and why?
>since nature seems pretty uncaring.
wow he just figured out that the material world is filled with suffering, I wonder why....

Psh, what the fuck ever. I guess you're right, if there is an area of America so whitewashed and retarded like Yuropoors are when it comes to God, it's New England.

God this world is so fucked, I'm glad I am in the United States.

That was made in 2010, we didn't have all the refugees and immigrants yet.

>science can't prove that God or the supernatural doesn't exist.
Sure, you can't disprove God. But science can reduce the scope of things that people ascribe to God's direct influence, making religion less and less relevant to daily life.

We've gotten to the point where religion pretty much only applies to the origin of the universe and what happens after death, and those are both issues that most people seldom concern themselves with.

The study does consider immigration. You have nothing backing your claim Europe is becoming more religious

>here let me show a graph which in no way is true

Wanna know how I know that society will become more religious after this year? Because God's proofs are apparent you nimrod. Tell that to your stupid graph.

This is the epitome of determinism, what are we supposed to be statistics FOR? IF there are any faithful segments of the population we will not succumb to these graphs you post, IF there are people who believe in the righteous nature of humanity there will be a 0% in the spot for 2050, because by then God's message will be apparent.

Let me try and cut this up for you.

You say

>outside of Europe and China atheism isn't prevalent at all

I point out that this isn't true, because New England has a lot of atheists, and America's unaffiliated percent is around 22/100, not a majority, but prevalent is not an unreasonable adjective for America as a whole, and it certainly isn't for New England (this is also backed up by statistics, but for some reason you just ignore that)

This is why you're a member of a 2000 year old Palestinian death cult and haven't mustered the brainpower to poke some holes in it.

Yeah but while science cannot prove or disprove outside the material world, religion and spirituality still have provided zero evidences of being actual sources of knowledge about things outside material reality.

That's from 2010, years before they started importing tens of millions of high-fertitlity Muslims who form parallel societies that will never assimilate.

Maybe you shouldn't have destroyed marriage and murdered a billion children in the womb and you'd have a future.

Atheism is evolutionarily maladaptive.

It can't consider the giant wave of immigration that happened after it was conducted

>We've gotten to the point where religion pretty much only applies to the origin of the universe and what happens after death, and those are both issues that most people seldom concern themselves with.

Nigger these are the two most important questions of existence.

Or if you do not believe in the theory of evolution, because it is, after all, just a theory, then you would have to suppose that religion can actually account for A LOT of people's lives.

Rather than divining what happened ''''millions of years''''' ago from looking at sediment, I would prefer resting secure in my concrete proofs.

Why do you christcuck faggots assume every atheist mindlessly worships atheist e-celebs?

Yeah, I checked again and you're right. I was right about China, but in Europe only Germany is becoming more religious.

>ad hominem

Great, yeah. I think we all know you can tell who I am. Because of various reasons, God's existence is becoming known.

Go ahead and look at California. Natural disasters are God you fucking idiot. It's only going to get worse. They have a whole city that is almost like Sodom and Gomorrah.

>literally ignoring statistics because he doesn't believe in it

It really gets me thinking you know? There are grown ass men out there who literally believe in Iron Age desert myths over statistics. Should these people be allowed to vote? Have children? Even reside within our societies?

The truth is it isn't. Being allowed to say you're an atheist and not having that completely ruin your life is new. Religious people have improved and we can see this is true by the larger number of atheists who are willing to be honest about it.

Really the only religions we should have a problem with are the ones that say THEY decide if you're a member and THEY decide if you leave.

It's not that people don't care about these but unless you take a religion on pure faith, what are you going to do to even try to answer to these? and you are less likely to be religious if a materialistic worldview is functional otherwise.

>America's unaffiliated percent is around 22/100
So then what was the point of all that? Nothing you said contradicts what I said.

Commiefornia is due to building a settlement in a subduction zone so its doomed to be fucked by earthquakes for millenia to come. Also christfags dont realize someone that behaves like God would not be smart enough to engineer this universe.

Because they're stupid dude. It's not very mysterious, they're just dumb people who have trouble making sense of concepts that are basic to you and I.

The study is from 2015. Stop making dumb posts.

>high-fertitlity Muslims

The total fertility rate of European Muslims is somewhere around 2, if not lower.

Yeah well they are increasing. You know how I know? Real life.

As opposed to sitting around my room reading reddit and Richard Dawkins, I actually go out and talk to people. The people I interact with on a daily basis are influenced by my faith in God, and I meet many more who believe steadfastly in his existence. I can tell you, these institutions are here for a reason. They aren't going away just because some moron who read a science textbook thinks that everything regarding the word 'science' is correct 100% of the time. This would be.... what's the word?

Dogmatic?

Yeah yeah, and Hillary Clinton is a satanic baby eater.
These are the End Times for the fifth or sixth time because bad stuff happen, somehow that's the proof that Jesus roses from the dead.

Oh I'm not talking about the earthquakes.

I'm talking about the droughts the fires the intense amount of erosion. Trust me, these sorts of things are SIGNS for those who believe.

New England has a high prevalence of atheism, the United States has a pretty big population that is always growing. Almost everything you said is wrong.

>atheist wants to revoke the citizenship, sterilize, and kick out people who think differently from him

I didn't say it was the end times.

You can tell God interacts with society like your finger touches water. Waves are felt throughout. This Earth is nothing to him, but also everything because we are made in his image. Show some respect for the great being that is God.

>New England has a high prevalence of atheism
New England isn't the USA. I was referring to nations in my post, not small regions within those nations.

California is a a dry zone and all that forest makes a nice tinder for wildfires which are natural its not planet earth's fault bipedal apes decided to live around a burning zone.

>religion and spirituality still have provided zero evidences of being actual sources of knowledge about things outside material reality.

Do you believe that goodness exists? Do you believe that justice exists?

>and you are less likely to be religious if a materialistic worldview is functional otherwise.

The material neoliberal paradigm is functional?

Is that a surprise?

The atheist is a natural hedonist and darwinist.

He believes in eugenics and IQ, and also thinks he is superior to other 'normies' in some way. He is not fit to be a man. He is a child.

Compared with the European fertility rate a replacement rate is enough.

>IM SURE ALL OF THESE NATURAL DISASTERS HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CITY OF GAYS

Yeah man I'm perfectly aware that delusional morons will always exist, I'm just asking some questions about people like you being able to make important decisions about society.

See

>nowhere outside this nation and this continent

really has no restrictions on regions

God has a primitive way to ensure control in his slaves he should just rewire our brains to love him all the time thats more efficient and not stupid. A universal maker would make it impossible for you to not obey them in the first place the fact I can deny God is real proves he doesnt fucking exist.

I'm just gonna leave because there is no way to talk with you, and I'm not saying that to offend you.
Sorry dude.

>The atheist is a natural hedonist
The dumb atheist you mean

It's not about thinking differently, it's about not believing in statistics. That level of irrationality, does that person really deserve to have a place in society? I mean you're an chimp that can talk at that point.

>atheist wants to revoke the citizenship, sterilize, and kick out people who think differently from him
You can reword it all you want, but you keep saying the same thing

Not really, in Nothern Europe the TFR in somewhere between 1,8 and 1,9, which is not very different from the TFR rate of European Muslims. In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the TFR is as low as 1,23.

You base your life around ancient fairy tales with the belief that they are true, I don't see how anyone else can be childish in your eyes.

>every atheist
FTFY

because the brainlet masses started giving input into the theology question

*tips cross*

Your life is based on nothing, where nothing is good, nothing is bad, there is no such thing as justice, there is no point in living, and it would be easier just to end it all than to toil with this pointless horrible existence.

Your statistics are philosophically only valid if you embrace the concept of determinism and atheism.

Your statistics assume no miracles will occur between now and 2050. Or no miracle is currently occurring.

I cannot think of any other kind of atheist.

A primitive way? He has many ways to control people. His properties are vast. Sometimes he will kill people for a lesson, sometimes he won't. His ways are his ways. You can think of what is happening today to be more of a mental lesson than anything really. Sometimes God is all mental. That's all the Quran and The Holy Bible are. Philosophies. He is a very wise God. Why think of him any differently? Or even try to?

It's that you are too irrational analyze data. Your brain is actually incapable of doing it. Maybe you can live here, but I genuinely believe things might be better if you weren't allowed to vote. You're dumb.

Funny the christians I see today are hedonistic degenerates. Your religion preachs about being forgiven so this creates a loophole where christians can as immoral and degenerate as possible and still Yahweh will accept them into heaven if they repent or some nonsense. Christians are nothing more hypocrites.

>your life can't have meaning if you don't base it around my Iron Age deiity

Truly genius.

>Sometimes he will kill people for a lesson, sometimes he won't.
That is primitive you retard, humans kill to maintain control over others because we can hack your brain to make you obey us absolutely at the moment but an alien race could use drugs to make us never fight against them. So a universal creator could simply will for us to never defy it and thats that, killing us is PRIMITIVE HUMAN SIMIAN BEHAVIOR you fucking retard. You have no idea how unfathomably intelligent a being must be to make the universe.

Right, so what you're saying is:
>anyone who thinks differently from me should be sterilized, have their citizenship revoked, and be kicked out of the country

Exactly, you certainly could not fathom his intelligence.

Death is an excellent lesson when others see it. It shows us that God is real and is not so cowardly as to shirk from killing to show what people have done is wrong.

I think, as society progresses, death will be used less and less as instructive tools, but don't think it will not still be utilized. I am saying the people killed in the california landslides may have deserved it.

Because christians in the thread are different?

Have I said anything about the Christian God?
>Your religion preachs about being forgiven so this creates a loophole where christians can as immoral and degenerate as possible and still Yahweh will accept them into heaven if they repent or some nonsense. Christians are nothing more hypocrites.

Im not here to defend Christianity, but that's not the way it works.

Isn't it kinda sad that we went from medieval scholasticism and genuine Catholic philosophy to "You can't prove God doesn't exist!!!"
I mean if that's your best move, no wonder nobody gives a shit.
Christianity effectively died once Aristotelianism ceased to be a systematic worldview in the West. Protestantism was a terrible dead-end that led straight to the worst excesses of individualist consumerism, it has nothing to do with religion.
Catholic countries shamble on with purely cultural and institutional influence, but again, they have no coherent philosophical outlook or a collective project, and just practice low-key Protestant ethics.

If you want Christianity back first you have to reclaim traditional metaphysics, but this is already extremely difficult. I think it's basically dead.

Yes, I haven't seen a single Christian in this thread advocate for the sterilization and exile of atheists.

Thats too simple its a monkey like me can understand it then its too simple. You christfags dont realize God talking to you is like the milky way galaxy talking to a quark.

Maybe you'll understand if I put it this way.

Someone thinking differently than me would be having different opinions than me, different feelings about art, society, politics, you know things with subjective answers.

When someone is wrong (you and your culty friends who don't believe in statistics) They are wrong about objective things.

Do you see the difference or should I wait for you to grab a pack of crayola?

>but that's not the way it works.
Oh? Then why are there so many adulterous whores in your churchs, so many liars, so many thiefs, so many child molestors?

Just see that post >GOD IS KILLING THE LIBERALS!
So tolerant and nice.

It doesn't matter which one you do worship, the fact is that you don't need to believe in a god to have a meaning in life.

>I am saying the people killed in the california landslides may have deserved it.

Do you believe you'll have to explain these words one day?

I don't see how him hating Californians is comparable to you wanting to sterilize and exile over 3/4th's of America.

How can you not comprehend this being pays attention to every single little thing anyone does EVER? In other words, he cares specifically about what you do and do not do. You have free will for a reason. Use it well.

I do not profess to be a pusillanimous Christian, and neither is God.

False, read some Kierkegaard or Emerson to understand why it's empowering to believe in God.

No, in fact, I believe many more people will die because of God.
Exactly. It's just really the gays we hate man. Remember, God glassed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

There are plenty of Christians who understand statistics fuckstick, I'm not talking about all of you.

The same thing would apply to atheists who don't believe in statistics too. I somehow have a feeling that jesus freaks have a monopoly on those dipshits though.

It makes no sense for something this intelligent to care about even our galaxy.

Do you ever notice bacteria? Same applies to God, yes you retard Im aware he can see us but doesnt mean he shouldnt give a fuck about us.

Sodom and Gomorrah was jew myth to make gays hated in their society.

s8int.com/sodom-gomorrah.html

>False, read some Kierkegaard or Emerson to understand

It is remarkable how much more jesuscucks refer you to videos and other people to explain their own ideas. I'm not at all surprised that you can't explain something yourself and need someone you idolize to do it for you.

Thinking is hard :(

>Oh? Then why are there so many adulterous whores in your churchs, so many liars, so many thiefs, so many child molestors?

There are bad people everywhere. The difference is the church categorically says these things are wrong and sinful, while an atheist has trouble answering these questions.

what is a meaningful life without God? What is a good life?

We were made in his image. He cares about us most.

We are in a history board. I do not understand how someone who (I suppose) has studied history could continue to believe that their religion is the one true religion.

It's not even worth to debate with someone who willingly deludes themselves, it's a waste of time and they always take "moral high grounds" to attempt to discredit people who do not believe in their religion. You can see this very clearly here.

These people are simply spooked.

You're using oudated stats retard
youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM