The West = the Greatest Civilization Ever

Can we just agree that the West (Western Europe and North America) of the 19th and 20th century was the greatest civilisation so far?
Just look at how they made Humankind advance in just two centuries

Before/During/After Ancient Egypt
>Transportation: Horses
>Housing: Stone and Wood
>Communication: Letters
>Depiction of the world: Drawing and Painting

Before/During/After the Islamic Golden Age

Year 1800 (beginning of Western Golden Age)

Year 2000 (end of Western Golden Age)
>Transportation: Cars, Airplanes, Rockets
>Housing: Concrete and steel skyscrarpers
>Communication: Telephones, radios, the internet
>Depiction of the world: Photography, movies and CGI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yRHhhfvrM3g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_of_humiliation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugee_crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Indicators
ipwatchdog.com/2016/12/05/chinese-patent-office-one-million-patent-applications/id=75322/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can certainly agree that America is the greatest civilization to ever exist.

Yes. It's a superior culture in terms of technological innovation.

Looks like you made a mistake there buddy

Its because whitey invented electric magic so whitey advanced more than chinky.

no

When you have conquered the entire planet you get to spend money on things like that.

More like - Europe happened on fossil fuels.

I don't get what the meaning of this thread is

True dat

>Can we just agree that the West (Western Europe and North America) of the 19th and 20th century was the greatest civilisation so far?

>brings in fucking Egypt and the Middle East
>forgets China

It's a way for Westerners to compensate for being so late to relevancy in human history

Whoops, sorry there, Crocodile. You too, PI-15.

Well, they invented paper and firearms, but they can't really compare

>Romania is part of the West
uwu

Depends on what you mean. Living standards and technology wise there's no competition.

But philosophy wise I've always been more attuned to Eastern cultures and imo I think they're better in that regard.

You removed der Vaterland and the Portunogs, you cheeky cunt.

笑笑笑

>"Western Golden Age"
>ending at the beginning of the height of its prosperity and technological innovation
If there ever was a "Western Golden Age" it ended with either WWI or the Great Depression.
Also it's rather ironic that most of the greatest works of Western culture came into being before this "golden age."

Eastern Europeans on suicide watch

Look at the map again cuckold

>Can we just agree that the West (Western Europe and North America) of the 19th and 20th century was the greatest civilisation so far?
I disagree. It was Golden Age like any others, and not particularly long one, mind you.

China certainly had a more stable and long period of prosperity, for all that's worth.

Already left behind by the east asians

The reason why the West has developed so many more technologies than other regions is because the rate of technological advancement increases exponentially over time.

>this is what gooks actually believe

You are proven wrong by what is below the part you quoted tho
The West invented more than the rest of the world combined

This post reeks of Amerimutt, though I agree.

>muh four great inventions
>meanwhile the west has thousand great inventions and never bragging about that

>who is Alexander the Great

That's obvious though. However, they don't want to acknowledge that... ;^)

This, you can look at this through the expansion of empire sizes over time as well.
Gunpowder is a catalyst that completely changed every society on Earth, back to forth. There isn't a single innovation comparable to it, barring agriculture possibly.

A proud black Turkic man

>Gunpowder is a catalyst that completely changed every society on Earth, back to fort

That is Electricity

>
It's still easier to access guns than electricity in some places of the world. And this is throughout history.

>Nitpicks the best parts
>""The West""
fuck off eagle cock sucker

>1994
>Africa

Only Europeans consider Russian "Eastern".

In Asia Russian is THE west

>It's still easier to access guns than electricity in some places of the world

Wrong, it's easier for a family to get access to electricity than gun

>Libya
youtube.com/watch?v=yRHhhfvrM3g

Because the white portion of Russia (the one in grey on that map ) dominates the whole country

pic source?

google and tineye show nothing

>whitey western scientist trying to figure out how many genders there is while strong Chinese rice man cloned monkey and human being is next to be cloned

>Russians are considered western by people not entitled to an opinion on the subject

>not entitled
LMOAING

I smell an Anglo

>Gunpowder is a catalyst that completely changed every society on Earth, back to forth.

Shame the Chinese only used it for fireworks and then got BTFO by Europeans who actually figured out how to use it properly

>Shame the Chinese only used it for fireworks
Nice meymey history, lad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_of_humiliation

stay mad, Xi

What's the chance of Russia selling their Siberian lands to China in the coming century or two? Similar to the Alaskan sale. In multiple ways.

>Russians want China/US to border each other (Russians wanted US/British border to clash)
>Russia needed money

It could happen again.

If white civilization is so great then why are you second class citizens in your own countries that are ruled by jews?

Can you answer me that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugee_crisis

Stay mad wh*tecuck

>The West invented more than the rest of the world combined
How can you quantify inventions? What "more inventions" even mean? Not to mention that exponential rate of advancement was already discussed, I would argue that domestication of a horse, a wheel, pottery and grain cultivation is "more" than all other inventions combined.

Once again, inventing something is literally worth nothing - bragging rights, perhaps. Developing a highly efficient technology and adapting it in both competitive and sustainable way is where it's at.

Maybe in cuckrope where not only weapons but ((symbols of hate)) are banned.

>The West invented more than the rest of the world combined
This "fact" will crumble in the span on few years.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Indicators

Here's another indicator, its 3-8 years old, but should be sufficient enough.

Also, another image. Exponential growth from China in 1 year will eclipse all other inventions invented by Europe in the near future (within a decade or two)

Practically every sector is bracing for this moment in time on the leadership scale. However on the low level average people's minds, this is invisible.

You are forgetting quite a lot of fucking people with your ""western civilization"" map there you stupid fucking twat.

How will China solve its pollution and environmental degradation caused by their irresponsible development? How will they survive climate change?

This is completely unrelated, but I'll answer this simple and basic "China will collapse from xyz" scenario.

They have a billion people. Even if 500 million of them died, they'd still be the second most populous country on Earth.

The solution for both India/China on pollution and environmental damage is faster technological/economical growth. They want to be able to mitigate environmental damage through money and technology.

Its not possible for them revert back to stone age and hope the world will be kind on them.

This is mostly due to the chinese obsession with being number 1, it would be highly interesting to see what those patents are and to see if they are worth a damn.

>all patent applications are equal. all patents are world changing inventions

lol

>world changing inventions
Paper
Compass
Printing
Gunpowder

I don't disagree that China will likely take on the innovating role in years to come, but I do know not to trust them regarding IP. So those patent numbers are probably fishy.

We know China has fishy records.

However we should also understand our own patent numbers back in the days too. Those would be called fishy as well.

Still they're developing and we'll see where it leads within our lifetime.

I like to mention that Japan was in a similar position to China about 70 years ago, they were the place where cheap shit products were made, and look at them now.

I imagine China following a similar approach in the coming years.

Japan 70 years ago was completely destroyed.

Did you maybe you meant in the 70s/80s/90s? By the 70s, Japan caught up to US in development(as was expected from the nation that was already industrialized pre-war).

China's GDP per capita is still 1/7 of that of the US and its a XBOX HUGE country with A LOT to grow into.

irrelevant, nice job ignoring the argument i made.

i claim that it doesnt follow that the # of patents filed per year indicates useful, important inventions. you proceed to list 4 literally ancient inventions that perhaps originated in china, but were used to their fullest extent and developed further in the west. as if that is somehow any kind of rebuttal to my claim or at all relevant to your original point that china will be where majority of human progress is made in the future (such a point implicitly implies in the context of this thread that it was not true in the past - so it's silly to cite past rare useful inventions)

Moving the goal posts around there. Maybe you'd get some sort of award for that.

adding on:

your original post is about patent applications in different patent offices. USA and European patent offices have existed for a long time. China's is likely relatively new. So of course it is now receiving more patent applications - be it from western firms patenting their existing technologies in china, chinese patenting everything they can find from over countries, etc. note that the chart shows patent applications per year, it says absolutely nothing about the total number of patents in each office. as such, of course you'd expect a new patent office to receive a lot of applications when it open in the 1980s, it is silly and a misuse of statistics to extrapolate that trend into the future. you're a moron, or be intentionally misleading.

>accusing me of what you did

>Western
>Civilization

What was intended by this statement?

>The West
>the Greatest Civilization Ever
>gets demographically BTFO'd by KARA BOĞA without firing a shot while other civilizations fought tooth and nail against barbarian hordes

If you think through with your own rational for why China has huge amounts of patents and apply it to US or other countries, relative to time, your argument would be just as valid.

If you'd be so kind as to help me understand, I'd sincerely admit if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

ipwatchdog.com/2016/12/05/chinese-patent-office-one-million-patent-applications/id=75322/

from 2015: "Chinese patent office receives over one million patent applications, 96 percent are domestic office only" - does not suggest good, useful patents. if they were, would one not expect that they would be filed in other offices too?
"By contrast, the U.S. produced the most overseas patent applications with 237,961 in 2015, a 6 percent increase over 2014’s totals." - which do you think suggests higher quality patents?

Do you know how many STEM/engineers graduate from China? Compare that to US?

US has plenty of dead weights in the liberal arts department.

The number of patent reflects the number of STEM graduates. Or rather the number of patents reflect the number of people interested in science.

US has virtually no growth due to the country being a developed country. China is still a growing country and has plenty of room to grow. Normally if a country like China were to invest same stuff as US do with liberal arts majors occupying most of the graduate degree, the number of patents would be much lower. However given the whole East Asian countries have always(tm) emphasized education/science careers, all the East Asian countries have much higher than average representation. Japan/Korea/Taiwan all matches close to US's patent even though their population is a fraction. With US stagnating and China being 4x larger in population with a country that focuses mainly on science degrees churning out patents should be no surprise.

Cheating is certainly an issue but its nothing significant.

China is also very much into the cutthroat business when it comes to competition. Whether it is cheating or genuine ingenuity, they are going at it at full force.

>1994
>South Sudan

>the West
>a single people and/or civilization
Found the amerimutt

Latin America is also part of the West.

Nothing of scientific or literary value is there.

They invented Liveleak, a video sharing site

Nah, it's its own civilization that revolves around mixed races, dictators and drugs wars

"no."

Nice meme map.
Culturally speaking, Argentina is more Western (European) than the United States. You also forgot Australia and NZ.

>The West
>Europe

Europe has nothing to do with America and other mutt countries.

Nice meme map.
Culturally speaking, Argentina is more Western (European) than the United States. You also forgot Australia and NZ.

>I have no grasp on things.

>No Russia
Russia is western, whether you like it or not.

Mexico

M1908 rifle
Early Color television
Ozone depletion
Vanadium
Birth control pill

Argentina

Bypass grafting surgery
Ballpoint pen
Helicopters (Cyclic pitch)
First commercial radio station
Traffic lights for the blind
First cartoon films
Diabetes research (Metabolic pathways of lactose)
M-Theory (Physics)
Most modern surgical instruments used today were invented by an Argentine doctor in the 1920s (Finochietto)

Brazil

Chagas disease, pathogen, vector, host, clinical manifestations and epidemiology discovery, by Carlos Chagas
Chest photofluorography by Manuel Dias de Abreu
Epidemic typhus, pathogen discovery, by Henrique da Rocha Lima
Pion by César Lattes, one of the discoverers
Schistosomiasis, disease cycle discovery, by Pirajá da Silva
Jatene procedure by Adib Jatene
Airplane, invented by Santos Dumont (This one is controversial)

Not an exhaustive list by the way.
I could go on but you get the idea.

>not even starting two world wars and the deadliest conflicts in history
cute

>Buenos aires is the husk of a former great country that is rotten in the interior and full of Bolivians and Paraguayans.

>muh illegal immigrants
>brown people are the reason I can't get a gf

>South America speaks and writes in western languages
>Practices western religions
>Has western customs
>Still not western

This is ridiculous. Just because they're mixed race doesn't mean they're not western. Their entire religious and cultural background is founded off the west.

at least three latin american countries are whiter than the US

Latin America is founded by the West but isn't a part of it. Russia is whiter than the US too that doesn't make it Western.

Explain why.

Forgot to add that many African countries use Western languages, religions, adopted some customs too but they aren't Western.

The difference between Haiti and the Dominican Republic finally explained

>map explaining entire history of Haiti
How so?

>Culture entirely based on that of Western Europe + Population largely of unmixed European descent + History that mirrors that of the United States (minus slavery) until the 1930s

You could make the case with Bolivia, Peru or Mexico where native influence was strong, but how are Argentina or Uruguay not Western?