Bitcoin is going to $7k

next fork in 3 weeks, segwit 2x futures already trading for $1k each. get ready for btc moon

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/segwit2x/#markets

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/l_bowline/status/917055378852020226
coindesk.com/economic-case-conservative-bitcoin-development/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

theres no replay protection you retard

you aren't going to get muh free coins this time

No one would dare fuck with it

wtf are you talking about?

I'm expecting alts to rise for a couple weeks before btc pumps

wait how are they trading when its not even out yet?

Futures contracts.

Get this through your head: S2X isn't about muh "free" coins -- it's an attack in Bitcoin itself. The miners being manipulated into backing S2X by the central banking interests behind the NYA. Their sole purpose in pursuing a contentious hard fork is to take over Bitcoin development from its current community driven structure. Failing that, they're going to take the opportunity to cause as much damage to the Bitcoin ecosystem as possible, because the central banking interests have tremendous incentive to do so.

Our best hope is that enough of the miners will act in accordance with their true enlightened self-interest that S2X will pass into BTC history as a curious footnote of not much greater significance than BCC or BTG.

so is it the same concept as bitcoin gold fork? That you have to hold bitcoin to get the B2x coin?

Yes all HF's work this way.

I don't understand how central banking is behind this.

Oh please, what community driven structure? The one that shunned the Bitcoin Cash team? Banning discussion, freezing development to increase transaction costs?

twitter.com/l_bowline/status/917055378852020226

It's trite to say they're "pursuing Satoshi's vision," but it happens to be true.
coindesk.com/economic-case-conservative-bitcoin-development/

I'm still not getting it. Some Hutchins guy, who has fuck all over the say of an open source blockchain protocol?

Kek, so the backer of a coin happens to also back some coin that happens to also be supported by someone else that works in the US central bank, that's your central banking?

And that article is garbage and parts of it have been demolished time and time again. Satoshi's vision is very simple: longer chain wins, that's for a reason, not to prevent people from forking or changing BTC.

Group of companies compromise to upgrade Bitcoin
>muh evil banker takeover

Blockstream and their pet devs control Bitcoin
>So decentralized!

Eat shit and die you retarded fucking nigger.

t. No2X r/bitcoin cuck

coinbase just said they will honor segwit2x coin and current btc. seems like this fork will be better than bitcoin gold

keep fighting the good fight

The sole reason anyone even considered 2x is because the "community driven" developers refuse to to listen to the community and aggressively reject a block size increase, going so far as to threaten the miners who enforce the ledger with smaller blocks in order to push their own corporate bullshit on the chain.
If Core was at all reasonable they'd admit that both bigger blocks and offchain alternatives will be needed in the future, but they've got their heads as far up their own asses as Jihan does.

I support BTC as it is now and think B2X is unnecessary.

However, I think this is going to be a disaster for Bitcoin. With Bitcoin Cash the majority of the community knew to regard it as a mere fork. With this one the community is far more divided.

jesus fuck you guys are stupid

THERE IS NO REPLAY PROTECTION

THIS IS NOT MENT TO BE ANOTHER FORK THAT LEADS TO 2 SEPARATE CHAINS

2 CHAINS WILL EXIST FOR A BRIEF MOMENT, AND THEN ONE WILL LIVE AND ONE WILL DIE

THIS IS NOT "muh free coinz to immediately dump". THIS IS AN UPGRADE AND LEAVES EITHER 2X OR CORE DEAD AND CEASING TO EXIST.

use your indoor voice, rebecca.

The most infuriating part is that their vaunted Lightning Network is 18 months away at best, and the blocks are already full in the meantime. Furthermore in any scenario where there's any widespread Bitcoin adoption users would still not be able to open a lightning channel in the first place (which requires and onchain transaction).

I'm fine with layer 2 solutions, but not if it means artificially strangling the network so that dumbass Luke Jr can run his fucking swamp node.

Why is it taking so long

kek

This is something you need to shout about, seeing how people here trat this as just another shitty fork.

>ahahaha free monies :D:D:D
>*hard fork comes*
>what do you mean, I've lost my BTC?
Can't wait for it.
BTC sub 1k$.

segwit2x won't happen

I can't fucking wait. This is basically guaranteed to happen. Segwit2x is going to end up self destructing both chains and may actually be the perfect catalyst for a crash similar to 2013.

It doesn't even matter at this point if BTC lives or dies, since Blockchain tech has already established itself as having tons of uses outside of just being a currency.

If you're not planning on selling all your BTC to either the most solid alts (OMG for example) or right into fiat as soon as the fork happens, you will not make it.

There are too many retards in crypto now that will just assume this is the same as every other fork.

so btc will rise up until the fork then crash immediately afterwards?

No, buy ETH.

i think im moving to USD until this fuckery is over

if btc crash, then i get cheap btc

if it moons, oh well i just wait for the inevitable crash to buy

But what if it goes from $5.5k up to $7k - $10k? Then you'll miss out. THats my worry,

Chancoin is better than OMg

i don't think we have to worry about that with a contentious fork that is going to kill a chain, especially after a good run from 4k to 6k

but crypto is all just gambling anyways

>will be needed in the future
we dont need them now and we dont need the chinks at the helm. kys

>Then you'll miss out

EVERY single time i start thinking this way, I lose money, guaranteed.

If it doesn't rebound on this second visit to 5500 we're clear to fall to 4800.

WHEEEEEEEEE

>muh attack
which could be prevented if Core just fucking put out a fucking blocksize increase already ffs

Schhhh dont tell them this yet

My strategy is ride btc while people think it's gonna be an easy double money fork and then go all into eth before the fork until this blows over

You're in for a rude awakening when ETH dies with it

[citations needed]

I've got a really bad feeling about all this. It feels like I'm about to get just'd harder than ever before. I think I should cash out at least my initial investment until all this shit settles down.

Now is the time when you can make the most money in the shortest amount of time

on what?

how? I might just stay in fiat too, can’t imagine to mooning after it.

EBST

just transfer BTC first before transferring BTC2X durr

Yep, just like July.

Makes sense senpai

now is the heyday

I'm new to crypto

How do I make money in the next month

What's the lowest you guys think it will get before shooting up to 7k?
I want to buy in but I want to buy in low

Run. Run and don’t come back. It’s about to be a bloodbath.

$1340

Don't fuck with me user, I need this

maybe I was wrong, try to set a buyorder at $1660, should do the trick

whats all this btc & eth talk? Shill me some moon coins you plebs.

Ark & Vert, not your standart shitcoins

hold 1-2 years and you're rich

I've read 80% of miners support S2X. If this is the case this wont be called BTC2 or anything, this will be the new BTC.

vert coin already blasted off tho

there is a big chance that VTC > LTC, just look into that coin for once

I already have vtc you pajeet

the only reason someone shouldn't be allin right now in VERT is that any moment ARK will take off any day now as well, and then there will be no stop until ETH

I'm pretty much all in on ark and need to diversify a bit

S2X is bitcoin. nons2x is retardedly not cutting the price of transactions in half. What is wrong with everyone? You will not get a coin out of this, there will be bitcoin and a chain that doesn't double it's capacity that will die immediately because there is no difficulty adjustment.

I can't wait, I've ceased my dollar cost averaging into ETH(to diversify) and I'm amassing fiat. The crash will take alts down temporarily and I intend to get in on that sweet sweet dip.

lol coindesk is a blockstream mouthpiece desu

yeah the 1x chain is set to die almost immediately. I expect there's going to be some confusion but when the dust settles the 2x coin will have lower fees and faster confirmations so that's good for Bitcoin's future.

>bitcoin needs a scaling solution
>oh well we agreed on a blocksize increase long before you guys got here so why don't we-
>no segwit then LN 2 years later
>but we need something now
>yeah but we need nodes to run on raspberry pis
How are 2x fags so fucking dumb it's obvious core are the alphas here

This is Satoshi's vision

>muh transactions fees
There's already ways to get around that, like transfering bitcoin directly through the bitflyer/coinbase platform, and there's no reason whole companies dedicated to do only that won't pop-up when the need arise as BTC take over whole country as the sole currency, like Japan is in the process of.

2x is just a jewish chink project, chinks are always happy to get some scam running, and jews need to kill BTC as it's an existential threat to them.

But not recording on the blockchain largely defeats one of the biggest appeals of Bitcoin- no reliance on a third party to transact. These hubs have to be trusted and they'll be heavily monitored by governments for certain.

>better alts
>skateboarding asians

haha

Removing the need to use the blockchain is the only way for BTC, or any crypto whatsover, to be intensely used for microtransactions.
As long as you don't deal in peanuts sells though, there's no reason not to use the blockchain. 2-5 bucks is not important when transfering internationally, since it already cost 20 or way more to

If you're an entreprise, that need to be clean with the governments to not be raped in the ass anyway, using third party hubs is doubly advantageous since they all record every transactions, less bookkeeping.

If seg2x futures are at 1k, that means bitcoin is going to lose 1k, not gain it

Retard

I just put everything I have into BTC at 5500, with about 30% into ETH

Please dear god someone tell me what to do

Sell now before it drops further

Won't it go back up before the fork?

Should I short it?

Just HODL.
HODL is not just a meme, if you don't know what to do, do nothing.
Only valid for BTC of course, not shitcoins like ETH.

But this whole thread is literally about how this is going to kill BTC

It's gonna dip and then going back up.

So you can short it, right now, it's only going down for the next days.

All alts and btc down

Bitcoin maximalist = retard

Don't listen to them.

I sold it.

Will buy in when it goes lower

It needs to hurry the fuck up

It's just yet another fork.
Pay it no mind, as long as you hold BTC, you're good.
ZOG governments LOVE to rebrand their worthless fiat, it's to be expected kike would try the same with BTC.
This time though, they can't actually kill the old money, and so they keep and keep trying the same things in the guise of "muh technology(needed to control it)", hoping that one of them will catch.

It won't.

are you fucking retard?

s2x is dead in the water, it has no developers.

Sell your ETH for btc.

God I'm going to blow my fuckkng brains out

I had a fucking chapter written explaining what's happening and going to happen, but then I decided not to fucking tell you fags. Have fun losing money on this you fucking dumb shits because it's really not as complicated as you think.

Which post user

Turning btc into an everyday currency right now only serves kikes wanting control of it.

Lord Knows.
Lord Knows
Lord knows

wtf are you even talking about? noone fucking wanted bcash
now that you have it, they're STILL pushing for big blocks in s2x even though bcash still exists
this is all just a shitty power grab

>bitcoin
>not a shitcoin

Go all in btc and stop monitoring the price because I can tell you have weak hands and you will only do something retarded that you'll regret later. Nothing to be ashamed of.
ETH is overpriced. It has much cheaper competitors now. Don't waste your time with it.

maybe a week ago, things change fast.

regardless, the exchanges are free to name them whatever the hell they like. some call out s2x as a shitcoin, others take a diplomatic approach.

saying something like "this will be the new btc" is fucking retarded user. especially since its very much divided.

>ETH
>not a literal kike scamcoin