When did covering the head become associated with Islam?

When did covering the head become associated with Islam?

In the past Christian women in Europe would cover their heads while Muslims in Indonesia didn't.

Nowadays there's a strong association of covering the head with Islam, so Christians groups like Middle Eastern Christians who used to cover thier heads no longer do, to distinguish themselves from the Muslims.

Was it because the rise of Islamic nationalism? The association of Christianity with Western liberal values?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-aDi4fT5Ac
cilisos.my/wearing-tudungs-used-to-be-controversial-in-malaysia-how-did-things-change-so-much/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since Jews took control of the media

When Western women became absolute godless whores with no sense of modesty, decency, or decorum.

Not kidding

The Jews

None of those. It's all about the 19th Century Orientalist craze and the resultant trend of exoticising the Middle East, its people and culture, highlighting the differences and sweeping the singularities under the carpet.
That's why "Allah" is popularised as the "God" of Islam when it's literally just Arabic for the capital G God.

Jews and Muslims don't worship the same god as Christians or Hebrews.

I know this statement might seem immediately objectionable to you, but please slow down and think about it before you respond with "Jews are Hebrews, retard," or "Of course they do. Christians in the Middle East use the word 'Allah' to refer to the Christian God, so obviously that means they're the same god." Just stop and take a moment to think about what possible reasons why I might have made the statement the way I made it. Try to guess what your own misunderstandings might be that I am seeking to correct with this statement that your kneejerk reaction to is it's just plain wrong on the face of it. When you've calmed down and you're ready to learn, to gain the knowledge you currently lack, please just ask me.

Let's hear it

You can cut out all that patronising waffle, I wouldn't post on Veeky Forums if I wasn't here for actual discussion.
As to your point, I find it hard to accept the idea that the God of the Jews and Muslims isn't the same as the Christians and Biblical Hebrews. They share the same creation myth and many of the prophets are common between their faiths. Everything about their religions makes it obvious that they're all just different interpretations of rules and standards of living enforced by the same monotheistic deity.

yes they do retard lmfaooo holy shit nigger are you fucking retarded they have the same prophets and Muhammad saw himself as the end of an unbroken chain of prophets stretching back to Abraham...

Just came here to say fuck Islam! I don't care about Islam or their barbaric practices. Fuck all Muslims and Islam. I hate muslims! I hate Islam! I'm proud of not tolerating Islam.

Judaism (i.e. Pharisaism) and Islam are the religions of Satan. The god of these false religions is the devil. Jesus Himself, the Son of God, proclaimed openly and repeatedly in the Gospels that Pharisaism is Satanism. The Pharisees were not keepers of the Hebrew faith and the self proclaimed Jews who are not Jews are not inheritors of the Covenant of Abraham. Muhammed was given his false religion by a demon in a cave.

1 John 2:23
>No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Jews and Muslims deny that Jesus is the Son of God. Therefore, according to God, they do not worship God the Father. They deny the Son, and they do not know the Father. The god they worship is not God. The god they worship is another god, a false god, an idol, Satan.

Fuck off.

>When did covering the head become associated with Islam?
since the 90s when lots of muslims were shown on tv getting blown up. before that you never really thought about it or saw enough for it to be something remarked on .

>And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

No, you please depart from whence thee came, sir.

>>/lgbt/

Not Veeky Forums related.

>christer nonsense

At forst I was suprised by his nose size,

But than I was suprised that he knew anout the meme.

Islam isn’t a nation user

Why do those who have demonstrated inferior knowledge always resort to attacking the intelligence of their interlucator? If you knew more you could have formulated and presented an actual counterargument. But you don't, and you didn't. So you just resort to insulting me. Disgusting.

youtube.com/watch?v=t-aDi4fT5Ac

I assume it's because you postured as someone with arcane knowledge about the historical and theological basis of abrahamic religion but when pressed you just spewed out a single bible verse like that's 'case closed'. Your post had as much knowledge as a Pastor Anderson lecture.

It's curious that contrary to the common idiosyncrasies surrounding the veiling of women, veils that covered the face were associated with debauchery, intrigue and gossip in the Spanish colonies, more precisely the Vice-royalty of Peru (where church authorities unsuccessfully tried to ban it), as they enabled women to become anonymous, unconstrained from a reputation to uphold.

The only correct post.

Also, if M.E. Christians (and Europeans and all Catholic nuns who OP apparently doesn't know use it too) have stopped wearing it it is almost certainly due to liberalization, not an association with Islam which OP is a fool to think everyone conceives anyway.

Allah originates as a pre-Islamic Arabian moon god though. Mohammed saying that it's a legit continuation means nothing when he's chopped up and reassembled parts in order to fit his narrative as a religion for the Arabs.

Get cucked whitey.

It's still a thing among old women in Eastern Europe, along with wearing all-black once your husband dies.

oldfag german here. when I was a kid it was still quite common to see women with headscarves at least in rural areas. I think it was a practical thing for farmers and a sign of modesty perhaps. especially widows and older women covered their heads. But at my grampas days p much all girls did it. Nowadays nobody works hard nor thinks of virtues.

Islam in Indonesia and Malaysia was pretty loose and laid back, and also technically a heresy as they mixed some pagan animist stuff in with it. Even in the 70d covered heads were uncommon and unusual. The first prime minister and founding father of Malaysia was known to enjoy alcohol and gambling.

cilisos.my/wearing-tudungs-used-to-be-controversial-in-malaysia-how-did-things-change-so-much/

This changed in the second half of the 20th century as Islamic scholars from these countries went to Saudi Arabia, learned Wahhabism there, and took these hardcore conservative ideas back home with them and spread them in the mosques.

>Saudi Arabia ruins shit for everybody
Wow, what an absolute surprise.

It used to be a thing among young women even in the 1970s, 80s and even into the 90s (especially in the rural areas where I'm at).

Unfortunately, western """culture"""" has been gaining traction here along with all the sinful vices that come along with it.

>Unfortunately
Deal with it, mr. Vladimir Islambegovic

>In the past Christian women in Europe would cover their heads
Western head-covering goes back into Pagan times. Greek women wore veils of sorts to signal modesty.

Romans I am assuming the same. Since they did impose strict rules on how a proper woman should act, and also copied styles 'n' arts 'n' shit from the Greeks.

Why do you dislike modesty?

>Falling for the Moon god meme

So how is it wrong then?

Because I do depraved things with my women. And i know for a fact modesty ruins any chance of that.
Did you know that common muslim girls are disgusted of blowjobs? Mere blowjobs.

Allah literally means “the God” in Arabic, dumbass. It’s cognate with the Northwest Semitic “El and Illat”. El being a common reference to the Hebrew God.

The Arabian moon god was Yarikh.

The "Moon god" theory is based on several false assumptions, the most prominent of which is that the crescent symbol is Islamic, which it is not.
The first common usage of crescents by Muslims was with the Turks. With their influence, the symbol spread to other Islamic territories.
On the other hand, the early Islamic banners were blank and solid-coloured.

A more accurate recognition of the crescent would be as the symbol of those who just so happen to be Muslim, rather than a symbol of Islam itself.

Looking up Yarikh all I'm getting is that he was a Canaanite deity, with the centre of worship being based in Jericho.

>Jews and Muslims deny that Jesus is the Son of God. Therefore, according to God, they do not worship God the Father. They deny the Son, and they do not know the Father. The god they worship is not God. The god they worship is another god, a false god, an idol, Satan.

It's the exact opposite. Jews and Muslims remember the first and greatest commandment:

>Hear o Israel the Lord your God is One

Moses said it, Jesus said it, Muhammad said it, the only ones who flatly contest the Oneness of God are the Christians.

Proper Jews and Muslims prostrate themselves in prayer like Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad

>Exodus 34:8 Moses quickly bowed to the ground and prostrated himself in worship

>Mark 14:35 “He (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him.’

Only Christians stand arrogantly and make demands of the Almighty.

You know various semetic language non-Muslims, such as Maltese-speaking Christians, call their god allah right?

The very notion of depravity cannot exist without modesty you goddamn moron.