Hero or domestic terrorist?

Hero or domestic terrorist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jso1YRQnpCI
google.com/doodles#archive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Domestic terrorist

>the ends that one did not want or even bring into being justify their horrendous means
Uh what?

Hero

youtube.com/watch?v=jso1YRQnpCI

Idiot

>let's attack Federal property not a day's train ride from the Capital to steal rifles for slaves who don't know the first thing about using firearms. What could possibly go wrong?

Can you get more short-sighted than this buffoon?

He was a badass. /pol/ larpers whine about him, no surprise.

he's what all the larpers on /pol/ wish they were
the man had the balls to actually do something while everyone else up north sat at home thinking "by golly somebody should do something about those slaves"
well John Brown was the guy to actually do something

What did he do again?

A dreamer who had no place leading a revolt.
He went too far when he tried to justify his killings of innocent women and children foe the sake of some nigs that dont even know what they will do when theyre free.
Like i said a hopeless dreamer.

domestic hero

His zeal in the cause of my race was far greater than mine - it was as the burning sun to my taper light - mine was bounded by time, his stretched away to the boundless shores of eternity. I could live for the slave, but he could die for him. The crown of martyrdom is high, far beyond the reach of ordinary mortals, and yet happily no special greatness or superior moral excellence is necessary to discern and in some measure appreciate a truly great soul. Cold, calculating and unspiritual as most of us are, we are not wholly insensible to real greatness; and when we are brought in contact with a man of commanding mold, towering high and alone above the millions, free from all conventional fetters, true to his own moral convictions, a "law unto himself," ready to suffer misconstruction, ignoring torture and death for what he believes to be right, we are compelled to do him homage.

Both.

Frederick plz

attacked a army stockpile in the hope to get a shit ton of guns in order to start a massive slave revolt in the south Haiti style

this

a heroic terrorist?

Well he was, according to this painting, 12 ft tall and made of bronze, so I understand how he got a following.

Both

Total domestic terrorist but with uncommonly noble goals.

Yeah but did he have a pair of sweet ass jordans?

A hero that didn't plan well but did attempt to free the slaves.

I swear when americans come in two flavors, utterly shit or utterly great

He's not a domestic terrorist because according to US law, there's no such thing as a domestic terrorist. According to the Justice Department and legal analysts, it's simply not possible for the government to file charges of domestic terrorism, because no such criminal law exists.

But US law does define Heroes?

he was a cringe LARPer.

It's not LARPing if you actually live it out.

>LARPer
>an avowed abolitionist actually went out of his way to free slaves
Stop abusing this word

both

he craved the BBC, typical American.

quixotic hero

Both but I'm rather fond of him purely out of the nobility of his goal and the zeal to which he carried it out.

Domestic terrorist, but not a very good one.

The only thing that John Brown did right was martyr himself.

He inspired a hella catchy tune.

that's freedumb for you

He was the wrath of God sent against America. Had they not sinned by slavery God would not have sent John Brown to incite a war.

This

You friend's cat is deaf

Terrorist obviously. Who did John kill that deserved it?

If he was sooo bad why did Google honor his memory with a doodle?

Where?
google.com/doodles#archive

Southerners, obviously

Slavers.

He started the fire...

Sinners

Hero. But not very smart, clearly didn't think his plot through.

>LARPer
>actually goes out, raids a federal armory, and kills pro-slavery settlers with fucking broadswords
you don't what that word means.

The archetypal nigger lover

This. Would probably whore his wife to the slaves too.

Typical evangelical fucktard.

>implying he didn't

Even Lincoln thought he was a madman and a retard.

About as heroic as a man killing women and children can be.

Too bad he was a densely stupid fuck that decided to stage a fool's assault on a federal armory. Were he smarter, then his tale might be more fun to read.

When did he kill women and children?

>Had I so interfered in behalf of the rich, the powerful, the intelligent, the so-called great, or in behalf of any of their friends--either father, mother, brother, sister, wife, or children, or any of that class--and suffered and sacrificed what I have in this interference, it would have been all right; and every man in this court would have deemed it an act worthy of reward rather than punishment.
>This court acknowledges, as I suppose, the validity of the law of God. I see a book kissed here which I suppose to be the Bible, or at least the New Testament. That teaches me that all things whatsoever I would that men should do to me, I should do even so to them. It teaches me, further, to "remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them." I endeavored to act up to that instruction. I say I am yet too young to understand that God is any respecter of persons. I believe that to have interfered as I have done--as I have always freely admitted I have done--in behalf of His despised poor was not wrong, but right. Now, if it is deemed necessary that I should forfeit my life for the furtherance of the ends of justice, and mingle my blood further with the blood of my children and with the blood of millions in this slave country whose rights are disregarded by wicked, cruel, and unjust enactments--I submit; so let it be done!

>even the crazies back then were extremely well-spoken and literate

Why the fuck did we become so stupid in the last half-century or so?

TV and internet made it possible to be a dumb piece of shit without getting bored.

Previously, people had to take up reading or art or something just to fit into society and keep themselves entertained.

Both. The two are no mutually exclusive.

Not very far-sighted, though, since the South had his raid fresh in their memory when Lincoln got elected and probably thought a bloody slave revolt was just around the corner if they didn't secede.

Provoking the south into seceding probably achieved his goals faster.

John Brown was a hero, undaunted, true and brave,
And Kansas knows his valor when he fought her rights to save;
Now, tho the grass grows green above his grave,
His soul is marching on!

He sympathized with him but did not agree with his methods.