Is it happening?

new video explaining Decred :
youtube.com/watch?v=GAMp5V_gG1E

thoughts anons?
can this coin be a solution to the "hard forks" problem with bitcoin? or is it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.decred.org/2017/09/20/On-Chain-Atomic-Swaps/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>institution buys up a large amount of Decred
>can now control the entire future of it
yeah not touching this shitcoin

but 50% of all coins are staked, supply is limited ... staking gives 2% a month

if a institution tried to buy massive amounts of coin the price would skyrocket, making it impossible to keep buying

Uh, they'll need 75% of the votes to "control the entire future" of it. Good luck with that. They'll drive the price up a huge amount if they even try.

you may or may not like decred but it's definitely not just a meme. It's not just a concept either, it's already implemented and a lot of people have been working hard on it for years now

the dev team does look good...
they're the people who made btcd right?
the software that Lightning Network uses

Its severely undervalued and no one will give a shit until they suddenly do and you'll have missed out

yeah it seems so to me as well...
could this have DASH value some day ???
that's 10x from now ... could be an interesting investment, still evaluating it

They also made the code for atomic swaps

what does that mean?

blog.decred.org/2017/09/20/On-Chain-Atomic-Swaps/

> oh user-sama, are you talking about m-me?

ty

kek

Yeah, unironically "solid dev team", definitely one of the best dev teams around. Very innovative. Btw, LN integration with Decred coming by the end of this month.

Might take a while but I can see it happening. Decred is basically Dash done right. More decentralized, more stakeholder control, honest launch, lots of thought put into the features to make it's done right instead of just tacking on "features" to pump the price.

Selling all my retarded coins for this lul

you would need to buy 75% of all the coins which is not possible right now, even if you have the money, since over 40% are staked (locked)

Someone explain to me why PoS consensus systems are better than DPoS systems

>DPoS
>Trusting a 3rd party with your funds
>In a system that was created because 3rd party trust was being abused in the old financial system.

DPoS does not trust your coins to a third party save when new coins are forged, and Delegates that do not adhere to their proposals properly are quickly removed from the DPoS ecosystem.

Please try again.

>Banks that abuse their power of fraud their customers will be regulated and prosecuted.

Some things that sound nice in theory don't work in practice, kiddo. A system is either trustless or it isn't.

You can invite a Delegate without regulation and prosecution, you dense motherfucker. Are you only capable of conjuring straw man situations here?

>kiddo
Wow I got told

Unvote* not invite, oops.

I'm not sure what the difference between PoS and DPoS is but I do know that Decred's hbryid PoW/PoS system is quite unique from any other I've seen. If you're talking about a particular DPoS system then I could probably say what the differences are in that one and this one.

>Yet another deluded Arkie. Sad!

So you don't have anything else?

I am thinking of my favorite, which is ARK, but overall I think the consensus system is superior at a theoretical level.

delegation is a meme

>stake your own coins, cast your own votes, in a trustless system.
>give a % of your stake to a whale, who may or may not fuck you over. If he fucks you over you have to chose another whale's dick to suck & hope this one doesn't fuck you over.

Pick 1