Who suffered more throughout history, men or women?

Who suffered more throughout history, men or women?

I say women since they were constantly getting raped

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48&t=234s&ab_channel=WarFilms44
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a coin toss, honestly.

As in most cases, both sexes have different pro's and cons, that generally balance each others out.

That said, Christianity had, probably, shifted that balance in favour of man.

life was pretty shitty for both, if you consider plebs(99.9999999% of population) were considered basically cattle until not too long ago
probably better to be a royalty woman, you live the life and have nothing to do but enjoy luxury
men royalty probably more satisfying if power hunger, but more at risk of conspiracy, wrong move in politic, etc

You going to answer the question or just pussyfoot your cunts off all day? Pseudo intellectuals I swear

>WOMEN WERE CONSTANTLY RAPED ALL THE TIME.
Kill this meme please.

i say women, because the suffering of your mom having generated such a useless piece of trash totally beats every other punishment on the planet

Men. How the fuck could you think otherwise? Men have always been forced into the worst, most dangerous jobs throughout history.

Reddit

upboated, very original

When did this place become so fucking stupid?

Reddit.

Be the son of a wealthy Victorian/Elizabethan family. You grow up with a wet nurse, nanny, tutors, teachers. Father is busy or absent, mother reigns supreme in the household. You are told how to act, what to say, how to dress, when to do such by women all your life. Women live longer so your trust found allowance is controlled by the family matriarch. Then you're expected to marry and begin the cycle once again. Your only refuge in an essentially powerless life: The gents only club where for a few hours you can eat stodgy food, drink cognac, crack jokes, play some snooker and fall asleep on the sofa draped in a comfy newspaper.

upboated too

>since they were constantly getting raped

This is wrong lol. Stop listening to ideological anthropologists like Gimbutas.

Reddit

DOWNBLOATED
this one sucked
(thx for Yous)

Reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48&t=234s&ab_channel=WarFilms44
men

t. Reddit

>Makes a shit thread
>DUDE LIKE WHICH TURD SMELLS THE WORST
>I don't know, man. They both smell like shit
>REDDIT

Good talk.

Then you end up bleeding out in a miasma of mud, shit and gore.

>Who suffered worse the women who got to live with their captors or the men who died fighting them?

Reddit

eh ill go with woman female mutilations and all that...

Dumbest person currently in this thread

>be woman
>die in childbirth
>be man
>die in war

First post, best post.

Imagine the countless millions of men draftet into military who died though

>BUT DUDE, Like imagine all those countless milions of women that just lost their husbands

DUDE BEING ALONE AMONGST THE BODIES OF YOUR FELLOW MEN, SURROUNDED BY ENEMY SOLDIERS WHO WANT TO KILL YOU AND DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE, ONLY TO DIE IN THE MOST AGONIZING WAYS POSSIBLE IS TOTALLY THE SAME AS GIVING BIRTH SURROUNDED BY PEOPLE WHO LOVE AND CARE ABOUT YOU.

Yes, constant sex is true suffering. Not constant war and battling for status, not having carrying all of civilisation and society on your shoulder, but having to spread your legs, that is the true terror there.

Being killed in a war is more traumatizing than rape so no.

But that doesn't count.

For some reason.

Because we've been pretending for decades now that military service doesn't count because feminists are against war anyway, so why stop now?

You know all those women who marched for more freedoms for women in America in the 1960s? They had brothers and boyfriends who were being drafted to Vietnam. Think about that for a moment. If you're a man, even if you're a die hard supporter of women's rights... that's got to make you a little bit uncomfortable doesn't it? Just make you shift in your seat a bit and have a moment of doubt before you go back to pretending that society values men's lives as much, if not more than womens.

it's almost like there are no civilian casualties during wars

Hmmm, let me think...

>DUDE SOME WOMEN DIED BECAUSE OF WAR SO THAT INVALIDATES THE FACT THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THAT DIED BECAUSE OF WAR WERE MEN

What’s even more nauseating is how they got the right to vote directly after ww1.

All those men who just lived through one of the most brutal wars of all time had to come back to that.

Why are you acting like male civilians werent killed?

it's almost like caps locking makes your post valid
also suffering =/= deaths, which was op's question in case you can actually read and comprehend what you read
why are you implying i said that?

>DUDE SOME WOMEN DIED BECAUSE OF WAR SO THAT INVALIDATES THE FACT THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE THAT DIED BECAUSE OF WAR WERE MEN

>suffering =/= deaths
THIS! THIS SO FUCKING MICH! men can’t suffer like women

DUDE WOMEN SUFFER LMAO

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GENDER PAY GAP HUH WHAT ABOUT THAT HUH THATS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE SUICIDE GAP

If they weren't so shit at this particular job compared to men, they would be paid the same.

>suffering =/= deaths
Yep everyone knows that death in battle has always been super quick and painless

and you know that because you died on the battlefield, right?

Not an argument, you retard.

it's almost like those posts needed an argument
maybe better if i capslock it too
>>>/B/

see Women are babysitted by the governement while men work their ass off just to put up with the usual women's bullshit.

Women are the global aristocracy and men are their serfs, so obviously men suffer more.

What I don’t understand is why all the studies also say that women attempt suicide like 4x more often than men. Surely if this was the case the male to female suicide ratio would be a bit closer right?

>women attempt suicide like 4x more often than men
The difference here is that they do it for attention and fail. Men do it because they're tired of their fucking bullshit.

Get it? Imbecile. If you count "muh wrist cut XDDD" as attempt at suicide, then you're dumb as pile of shit. They do it for attention.

Big difference in attempting suicide and commiting suicide. One is a cry for help. Or attention.

Girl in the UK died from overdosing on diet pills lately. She was thin. Texted friends that she had done it afterwards. Wasn't the first time. Family took her to the hospital again, this time the emergency room was full.

Why are you so mad at me? That’s what I was getting at.

It’s ridiculous to me that women supposedly attempt it 4x more often than men yet men still kill themselves far more than women do. If women actually were trying to kill themselves 4x more than men the suicide ratios would be much closer

> r/reddit

I'm buthurt all the time, don't worry.

men more often do omicide-suicide, that's why the statistics say that
women and children get killed then guy blows himself off

What makes me just a little bit uncomfortable is framing the obligatory drafting of military personnel in an international imperialist war as some sort of a sex issue, rather than the issue of being profoundly cucked by your political and financial elites, by your societal patriotic standards, political ideology and so on...

Judging from this graph, the answer for greater equality is clearly a secular-muslim republic insallah

>What makes me just a little bit uncomfortable is framing the obligatory drafting of military personnel in an international imperialist war as some sort of a sex issue,
Hmmm probably because only one of the sexes is required to partake perhaps???

well ok, but isn't the more reasonable solution
>we should prevent our government from forcing some people to serve and die in their imperialist wars
rather than
>some more people, based on certain physical characteristics, should go and die in our imperialist wars

you?

>some more people

>oh yeah just some people yeah just some people no big deal let’s just brush all that under the rug! Women are the greatest victims of war

Christianity began the woman revolution in Europe. It was a cult that was very popular with women, unlike the meme that was Mithraism

stop fighting the strawman and actually read what I've written.

t. Roastie
Women mostly enjoyed getting raped

Your post here has clearly shown to me that your iq is significantly lower than mine and that having a conversation with you would be drawn out and tedious and not worth the time it takes to make things clear to you.

Women used to have like 20-40% mortality rates depending on the area, no matter what you are risking your life like a soldier would every time you have a kid. In fact, being a soldier is less dangerous than having a bunch of kids, and so it wasn’t fair to make women risk their lives even more than they already were by default. Getting raped just adds another chance of dying in child birth. In fact, the only thing that even balanced that out is being a soldier, so if you’re a man that isn’t a soldier there’s basically no downsides to your situation apart from comparisons to other men. That’s when men are pussies today because they don’t go to war and women rarely die anymore in childbirth so the two biggest risks to humanity for most of history no longer are a problem for most.

>muh wahmen suffered the most
Brainlet

Women usually use drugs or wrist slashes.

Men usually go for guns, nooses, and heights (more often)

Good job ignoring the types of labor men had to do. Enjoy being a lead miner in Roman times. Also, pain from childbirth is overblown

War is preferable to child birth in most circumstances for a premodern society. Most men don’t die in war, casualties are exaggerated in media but most battles would see maybe 5-10% dead and the rest walk away. Most men would only fight in one major battle their entire life with like a 5% chance of dying, women risked a 30% chance of death for EVERY SINGLE CHILD. Even today when it’s not as deadly, it’s still painful and terrifying, as a man I’d take infantry duty over motherly duty any day of the week.

>Women usually use drugs or wrist slashes.
Both of which can be extremely deadly.

Many drugs can kill you very quickly and slashing your wrists can cause massive blood loss. These two methods you listed have the potential to be extremely effective ways to kill yourself, so why do women fail so many times with these methods?

>and terrifying, as a man I’d take infantry duty over motherly duty any day of the week.
Opinion disregarded

That’s fine your opinion is stupid anyway. Every day I wake up and thank whatever gods are there that I was born with a penis and I don’t have to give birth. Holy shit labor is nightmare fuel, I’ll dig a thousand trenches in Afghanistan before I’d give birth.

The chances of death would differ for both childbirth and warfare depending on the period in history and the culture in question with its own level of medicine.

Beyond actually being a soldier though, the men were expected to take the brunt of whatever befell of community. Judging by the Old Testament, if you were a male member of a city state and the roaming Israelites came along, you were fucked. You were fucked if you fought, you were fucked if you didn't, they'd slaughter you. The women in some cases had a chance.

At least you have agency in that situation and are respected as a man unt the end, being rounded up like cattle to be raped and risking your life to have your husband’s killer’s children sounds like a fate worse than death.

>Both of which can be extremely deadly.
Only when done with intention of killing yourself instead of bitching for attention.

>That’s when men are pussies today because they don’t go to war

Most men throught history didn't go to war, industrial, mass drafting is a rather new conception.

of course you would, you aren’t very bright

>WAAHH i dont like that answer i want the world to be simple and conform to MY retarded world view >:(

fuck off

>sounds like a fate worse than death.
And yet most of the women didn’t kill themselves. Really makes you think.

And saying men have agency isn’t as true as you’d make it seem. Men are forced and tricked into things all the time even though most men would like to believe it isn’t so

Every Greek male 700 years before Jesus was mandatorily drafted into the local city state militia, they even took pride in the fact that their army was just a bunch of normal dudes who didn’t need training because they were so damn brave in the first place. Drafting the locals is probably the earliest form of warfare, professional armies came after militias which is why Rome was such a revolutionary society after the Marian reforms. For most men war was something you had to put your shovel down for and pick up the spear and shield over your bed.

>become

>blows himself off

Le double meaning face :^)

well Greece is a very specific example.
I'm not an expert in this, but just judging from the population numbers and sizes of forces in various conflicts, it seems the fielded numbers were usually much lower than what would be expected from drafting every single fighting aged man, at least when it comes to non-tribal organizations of government.

>women risked a 30% chance of death for EVERY SINGLE CHILD
Can I get a source on this? Something about it doesn’t sound quite right to me.

What percentage of women died during childbirth? Forget about the chance stuff. What percentage of women died from childbirth?

It’s not a specific example literally ducking everyone levied troops. The Persians levied, Europe levied, Han China levied, fucking everyone levied except for Rome and later the sassanids who also levied but ALSO had a professional army, so literally everyone has always levied troops retard.

levying troops = / = levying every single possible man

For instance in the year 1800, for every 1000 women who became pregnant in Europe, how many died from it?

10? 20? 50? 500? I mean this is the question that will shed some light on this

The fact you ignore PTSD from war shows you have no clue what war is like.

The fact that you ignore PTSD from rape shows you have no clue what rape is like.

Women can't even kill themselves correctly

For sure they levied, but look at it like this...
The Persian empire at the time of Darius the first had an estimated population of ~17-35million.
Now, a slightly lopsided population pyramid (say, one of UK from 15 years ago) still has the number of men between 20 and 40 as around 9% of the population and i'd say this is a very conservative percentage for early society.
With that, you'd expect, that if every fighting aged man in the Persian empire was levied, that would account for upwards of 1.5 million fighting men.
Of course, the entire army wasn't concentrated in the various battle of the persian-greco wars, but modern estimates put the persian strength in individual battles always at less than or maybe around 100k.
By Darius III, you've got a massive army of 300k or what, but that's still nowhere near enough the 1.7 mil+ estimate for all men aged 20-40.
And you've got plenty of examples like that from China and India as well. Plus there were times of peace when some men actually skipped war alltogether...

well, that was kinda my point. most men didn't go to war, or so it would seem

I’ve searched for this and I’m having a hard time finding an answer that isn’t vague or almost seems to avoid answering the question. I don’t understand it’s a very strait forward question. For instance:
>in Europe in the year 1700 how many women died during childbirth per 1,000 women?

>Implying there's going to be war and violence once the heteropatriarchy falls.
LOL, go back to the XIXth century "guys"