ITT: brainlet confessions

I thought the Huns were the one's who finished off the Western Roman Empire until very recently

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Prussians
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only recently got into Veeky Forums after playing New Vegas and being interested in the Legion fraction, to my surprise the actual roman history seemed much more interesting compared to what i thought it would be.
Also Augustus was a qt.

I thought Prussia had nothing to do with Germany

It was the Jews

That's not totally wrong, it was the movement west of nomadic peoples, including the Huns, that drove the Germanic tribes to invade the Empire, so they were indirectly responsible. They also did a lot of damage to the rump Empire in person, tho of course they didn't finish the whole sorry mess off single handed.

oh yeah, I wasn't saying they weren't a contributing factor. But before I literally thought Attila rode his horses through the city of Rome and fucked shit up

Aren't Prussians really Slavs tho????? Or nah

I used to deny the Holocaust until I saw REI doing the same, at which point I realized it must have happened.

I thought English is closer to French than German

I used to think the HRE was a legitimate continuation of the Roman empire.

>inb4 100 replies

I thought Prussia was a part of Russia

Some were germanized Slavs, some were immigrants from other German states. Also the original Prussians were Balts.

I used podcasts and youtube videos to prepare myself for my final exams in Philosophy and History, that alone ain't bad but that was pretty much my only thing to go on cause I thought most of history we learnt in school was political correct nonsense, added with a little desire to seem bold and tough. Obviously I failed.

I wasted 6 years of my life being bitter about it. I'm going back in May doing what I was supposed to do in 2012. This time using notes from courses and my homework from private school.

I used to think Hungarians and Romanians were Slavs.

The upper class was almost entirely pure-blooded Germans due to the Teutonic Order (the first Duke of Prussia was the last Teutonic Grand Master), but the majority of lower-class citizens were most likely Germanized Slavs and Balts.

>I thought Prussia was a part of Russia
I thought Assyria was a part of Syria

>the original Prussian were Balts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Prussians

>being this illiterate

it was until 1991 though

I thought that Columbus wanted to prove the earth was round

I-I thought the Aryan invasion destroyed IVC. In reality the IVC had essentially vanished before their arrival.

Also I thought America is Rome, but they don't have two presidents yet.

>That's not totally wrong, it was the movement west of nomadic peoples, including the Huns, that drove the Germanic tribes to invade the Empire, so they were indirectly responsible

Actually a lot of this has been mostly debunked. Tribes moved south because of the wealth of the empire and the tribes close to the frontier, who were recipients of vast amounts of Roman "aid" (bribes) and weapons. The Huns were not the terrifying unstoppable force that many authors like to see them as.

>Germanized slavs
So Germans...

Great on you user, good luck!

Thought the Soviet Union was left wing. As in polar opposite to Nazi Germany.

>Tribes moved south because of the wealth of the empire and the tribes close to the frontier, who were recipients of vast amounts of Roman "aid" (bribes) and weapons.

B-b-b-but mummy told me Procopius was a liar! A-a-and a misogynist!

t. average 'clever' Veeky Forums poster

t. infantile, disordered.

>t. infantile, disordered.
10/10 reference.

>when I was a kid, was supreme wehraboo; thought Germany won WWII
>when I was a kid, thought battles were pre-arranged, and that the generals sent each other letters telling each other to meet in a place for battle

>when I was a kid, thought battles were pre-arranged, and that the generals sent each other letters telling each other to meet in a place for battle

That’s adorable

As a kid I used to think pic related was the half blown up remains of the first one, and that the Imperials had found it in a remote system and were repairing it.

Did Robert E Howard write this?

Saunas stopped the black death from spreading to finland

no, Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland

Until a year or so ago I thought that the gulag archipelago was literally a chain of islands in the Arctic.

For a long time I though Prussia was just a mini version of Russia or something