See a map about middle ages

>See a map about middle ages

>Byzantine Empire is called "Roman Empire"

>Know this is a quality book

They were Roman though, retard. That would be like if there was no civil war and people stopped referring to The Confederacy as "America"

Byzantines were NOT Roman you stupid fuck they were Greek.

>Southerners were NOT Americans you stupid fuck they were anglos!!!1

>See a map about middle ages

>HRE is called "German 'Holy Roman' Empire"

>Comparing Rome to your mutt kind

>It's not a good comparison despite being a perfect comparison

Sure, if America were named after a city called America that was in the North.

>we wuz rome
fuck off mutt

>The Roman Republic was NOT Roman you stupid fuck they were umbrian/etruscan/greek/celtic/sabine/samnites/apulian NON LATINS WERE NOT ROME

you aren' even white you turkish mongrel rapebaby retard

"Kara" means "Black" in Turkish. I'm a BLACK Turk. wh*Tes are subhumans.

>is literally the eastern ROMAN empire
>not roman

What seems to be the problem, my little dumb frogposter?

>"Eastern Roman Empire".

>This is very difficult to say while keeping a straight face. I wonder who can, because indeed it is hard.

>"Eastern", you say, grinning like Procopius did. "Eastern", it is its name. But when thinking of "Eastern", you think about how Rome was located in the West. You think about all those who succeeded Rome in the West. You think about how the Catholic Church continued Roman political system in the West.

>But then, the funniest is coming: "Roman". Yes, now, you cannot contain your laughter. "Roman" it is called, despite the fact that this "Roman" body is standing on Greece, a land so harsh and poor that it took the Legions of Rome 66 years to set foot in it. A Greek-speaking and non-Roman Catholic people, yes, but still calling themselves "Roman".

>And now, here is the end of the fun: "Empire". Now you fell on the ground, laughing so hard you can't breathe. An "Empire", a body made of dozens of pretenders to the throne, all fighting for themselves, giving strange names to their position, full of Despots or Autokrators. An "Empire" who will stay divided and eventually ruled by Turks.

>Roman Empire

>Capital wasn't even Rome
>Didn't control Rome
>Didn't speak Latin
>Was orthodox (not Roman Catholic or pagan)
>Didn't have any Roman population
>Didn't have a strong army as Romans did

But yes call them Romans because they LARPed as Romans LOL.

Don't really mind it.
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

>Capital wasn't even Rome
The capital of Western Rome wasn't even Rome for quite a while before the fall.
>Didn't control Rome
Why would they need to? Prior to the split Constantinople was made the Roman capital. Why would control of Rome be important when it was such a provincial backwater towards the end of the WRE that its garrison consisted of only around 400 men during the Visigoth sack?Because it had the same namesake of the empire?
>Didn't speak Latin
Half the time the Roman aristocracy didn't even speak Latin, they spoke Greek.
>Was orthodox
Yes, a different denomination of the same religion that was foreign to Greco-Roman paganism to begin with. How does this count as evidence.
>Didn't have any Roman population
The Edict of Caracalla extended Roman citizenship to everyone across the Empire, it was entirely nominal and not exclusive to Latin-based culture/ethnicity.

>b-but some Romans spoke Greek

>17th century map of Europe
>Sultanate of Rum, AKA The Roman Empire, is incorrectly labelled "The Ottoman Empire"

"Byzantine Empire" is a fake name made up in the 18th century. It was always called the Roman Empire.

>Quoting the eternal Anglo himself

Ottomans were more Roman than Byzantines yes.

Byzantines were NOT Roman.

Are you imitating this screencap that I made months ago? Thanks.

>Byzantines were NOT Roman.
Prove it. The capital of "Rome" was after Constantine : New Rome(What it was officially called at the start) or Constantinople. This remained the capital of a unified Roman Empire up until the death of Theodosius. So the capital is correct.
Language, Latin was really not spoken as often as you think Greek had taken over a language of the upper classes and Roman culture became more and more hellenised over the centuries - CULTURE IS NOT STATIC - so we are also covered on the culture front.
Religiously it was the same as Rome from the reign of Constantine excepting Julian all the emperors were Christian and the East/West divide between Rome and Constantinople only fully occurred when the pope named Charlemagne Roman Emperor.
On every grounds does "Byzantium" as you idiots call it have a right to call itself Rome and you should do so.

>Prove it
It was Greek. Not Roman.

Here i proved it.

You clearly didn't read anything i said and just say "muh Greeks". Nice argument.

The Greeks were citizens too during Roman times and even then, the ERE still had latin citizens well into the 14th century.

HRE is called "Holy German Empire"

Politically it was Roman. But spiritually it was not. It would be like Puerto Rico considering itself American. Technically it is..but really it's something else.

IT was not Roman in any way

Empire of Greeks
Not Romans

did i accidentally sage this thread

>Kara Turk
opinion discarded

Which one are ya

>be Greek
>you culture has always been intertwined with Rome to the point that multiple of the six kings of legend were of Greek origin
>after the Romans take Greece over you become an integral part of the state
>your language serves as a lingua franca even among the Latin people
>some of Rome's most important battles take place in your land
>get to a point that at around 1st century BC Greco Roman culture leans more on the Greek side than the Roman, with architecture, the pantheon, art, philosophy, science, and every important aspect of the culture being Greek
>Roman traditions and and legends prove that Roman is not an ethnicity, but instead a culture
>Greeks are and integral part of that culture
>Greeks are Roman
>some faggot revisionist, 2,000 years later:
>"BEEZANTEENS WEAR GRICS NAW RAMEN"

Sniff sniff
i smell a rapebaby

>byzantine empire
>there even wasn't a city called byzantion by that time
It is a truly retarded term created by the westeners to diss the true descendants of the roman empire

>some
How about the entire leading class?

You should try becoming mature

Sven is literally me irl

If you were actually Turkish, you wouldn't dispute that they were Roman, since overthrowing the Roman empire is that nation's only claim to fame.

>Sven

If you can't think of anyone to associate with the post-Makedonian period then fuck the fuck off.
Could have had a fantastic shoe-in for the smug stuttering faggot but no.

I could've put an Angeloid but I don't think anyone would want to identify with them

>roman and greek cultures were completely separate
the state of Veeky Forums

Good argument

It's historically accurate to do so, because that is what they called themselves at the time.
Embarrassing post.

The empire stopped being Roman when the principate ended

Become 1/56th mutts and Germs.

Alexios, except I'm not tall.

>Tfw half Italian half Spaniard

Everything north and east of Italy is just unintelligible butthurt, why?

Top banter

Byzantium was half the roman empire after they split, and remained technically roman until they fell to the ottomans

LOL

>Byzantium was Rome

>be turk
>believing this

Once and ignorant steppenigger, always an ignorant steppenigger.

Antonius, with a bit of Heraklios throne in.

If you ever say the n word again i'll track your IP address down and beat the shit out of you with a stick do you understand me you fucking wh*Te boy

>>Didn't control Rome
They controlled it for like 100 years, brainlet

>Whiter then you, Muhammad

he is baiting you, similar to "hagia sophia is a mosque" posters

Oh hi America, remind me again what your heritage is?