Why did Rome fall?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquila_(Roman)
ancient.eu/Roman_Standard/
military.com/daily-news/2017/10/15/too-fat-to-fight-military-threatened-by-childhood-obesity.html
discord.gg/ccSVPy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A dude on a cross told everyone to turn the other cheek.

Pureblooded parasitic aristocrats

The Roman Empire existed for longer after that happened than before it did, brainlet.

Ataturk abolished the monarchy

and did those two empires die while they were christian?

The US is officially Rome now

No that's the Vatican.

He told tgat specifically to Peter. Why do retards act like everything Jesus said should be universally applicable?

Dysgenics

>A dude on a cross told everyone to turn the other cheek.

>just ignore the part where it says "Heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force"

Interdasting. I guess we'll ignore:
>inflation caused by trade from China(a currency was introduced in the east that would curb that until the fall of Byzantium though)
>Political division between east and west
>Social division, caused by Caracalla thinking that making everyone a citizen would suddenly make them care when it had the reverse effect and introduced foreign cultures/peoples which had far less concern for Mos Maiorum or anything Roman. Ironically, Christianity actually served as a social cohesive factor.
>Constant internal conflict concerning indebted lower classes.

US is more like Carthage IMO, former colony turned colonial empire with a government dominated by merchant interests that are diametrically opposed to the interests of the country as a whole.

the fall of a country lies entirely on the people who live in it. The people there were christian. Hence, their lack of piety, caused it fall.

>Christianity actually served as a social cohesive factor.
No it didn't. Christfaggotry led to the persecution of anyone who didn't go along with it, which was a substantial portion of the population.

Cry me more of those delicious pagan tears

Fugg, strong points.We've truly lived to see ourselves become the villains.

>Christfaggotry led to the persecution of anyone who didn't go along with it, which was a substantial portion of the population.

They were doing that before. Do you not remember when it was Christians being thrown in the Coliseum? It was a Roman tradition. The religion itself changed, not the view of religion itself.

The only thing worse than a brainlet pagan is a cultureless undignified a*****t.

Which was effective because a degenerate solipsistic City People Elite just ran the Empire like a Lazy River ride for the last couple of decades / centuries before it fell

So that Finland could rise

Casually destroying the organic society of the 90% of the population who weren't the economic elite and looting the corpse and just sustaining on that until a people with greater ethno-cultural unity came in and BTFO them

god, I hate when people use that meme flag to represent rome. That eagle was just the shitty nazi italian puppet state symbol and has nothing really to do with rome. If Rome did have a modern flag, it would look like pic related

If the US is Carthage, which country is Rome?

Canada

Well that's not giving the City People enough credit, it's really a collaborative effort between the two. And the City People are largely talking the role of articulating and leading the rest of the people. But then they grow too impressed with themselves and draw ever inward to sniff ever more deeply their own farts, ever chasing a point racing away into infinity that ends at the Villa Straylight

>That eagle was just the shitty nazi italian puppet state symbol and has nothing really to do with rome

You're a fucking idiot and you have no business posting on Veeky Forums. The eagle represents Jupiter, king of the gods, and was used in the Odyssey(a definitive legend in Roman culture) as an omen of good fortunes. When Greco-Romans saw an eagle, they literally thought they were invincible and battle and based planning around it. God damn man, just read something that isn't a shitpost once in awhile.

that eagle is LITERALLY the symbol of the Italian Social Republic. And even the Roman standard didnt have an eagle on it, just SPQR with the reafs around it

*in battle

And where did you think the eagle came from? The US, Germans, Italians, etc used it as a symbol of nationalism because of those Roman origins. We have two fasces in congress too. It had nothing to do with fascism. Fascism is an attempt to construct a pattern from the emerging non-democratic states in the earlier 20 century and demarcate them from traditionalist societies to prevent the association of roots and delegitimize those movements. It's more propaganda than solid history. Or philosophy for that matter.

>And even the Roman standard didnt have an eagle on it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquila_(Roman)

ancient.eu/Roman_Standard/

>The Standard of a cavalry unit was emblazoned with the symbol of the serpent (Draconarius) while a legion of infantry was represented by a totemic animal. The most famous of these is the eagle (Aquila) but there were also legions identified by the boar, the wolf, the horse, and minotaur.

Day one stuff.

>Political division between east and west
How woulf you go about solving the problems behind this solution?

Reversing Caracalla's mandate to make everyone a citizen, dissolve the government in Constantinople, put up tariffs in the eastern region and make Rome itself a free trade city in order to give it economic primacy. It also cuts down on trade and thus influence from the middle east and China, and removes the risk of Chinese caused inflation. A tariff on the eastern region would've fixed nearly every major problem they had coming from that side of the empire in one stroke, along with dissolving the independence of the eastern government.

user, that eagle design is from the italian social republic...

So your argument changed from "the aquila was never used by ancient Rome" to -> "that specific look was invented by modern Italy"? Do I have that right? Just want to make sure before I have to post links of pre-existing Roman eagles. I think I might lookup the coinage. What evidence would you accept actually?

>So your argument changed from "the aquila was never used by ancient Rome
my argument hasnt changed at all. you would realize this if you werent an autist who flys off the handle for no reason. I specifically mentioned that the eagle was from the fascist italians in my original post. And the standard of rome was just the SPQR design. So if there was a modern flag design for ancient rome, it would look like the one I posted here
and not the overly designed crypto-fascist ones I usually see

>So if there was a modern flag design for ancient rome, it would look like the one I posted here

So I take it you didn't bother looking up the Roman coinage I *just* told you about.

>dissolve the government in Constantinople, put up tariffs in the eastern region
>dissolving the independence of the eastern government.
What makes you think that the ERE would Eve agree to this?

>Reversing Caracalla's mandate to make everyone a citizen
How would that change anything besides giving you a lower tax income?

>Do you not remember when it was Christians being thrown in the Coliseum?
Please provide atleast one source that isn't based on christian snuff-fetischism.

Lead pipes

Carthage was never a dominant military power with a strong core of ambitious citizens wishing for benefits and glory or foreigners wishing for citizenship.

furthermore, what's more Roman than a decadent Republic?

Really good meme

Christian Feminist Immigrants

You think like a mongoloid

Was it an ass cheek?

>not the literal fucking symbol of Rome

morons

>good meme
can someone put a laurel wreath on his head?

A pious and anti-decadent republic.

there is no such thing as "roman" genetics. you stupid monkeys are just trying to apply 19th century concepts to antiquity to make yourselves feel superior.

Roman citizenship was given as a reward to people living in the provinces regularly and in 212 AD Caracalla made every free man in the empire a citizen, not to mention the massive amount of foreign slaves being brought into Italy that would leave their genetic mark on the roman heartland

>coinage
we are talking about flags, not coins. you lost the argument user, deal with it and learn from it.

>Monarchy
>Poor infrastructure
>Backwater
>Small population
Roman Kingdom, maybe.

Nicy try filthy germanic

>thatsthejoke.png

They couldn't pay their debts, so they were plundered by Venetians and Francophones. Then the Turns came.

user thinks life is like a game of his favourite nazibol's autarky simulator

t. Gibbon

The U.S has always been a merchant nation and the expansion of the country comes from economic interests. You're fucking retarded.

Merchants Interests for the United States = Interests of the Country and its People.

The many, many civil wars.

>labor overseas is cheaper, let's export our entire industrial sector!
>oops, the whole Midwest is unemployed now
>Halliburton needs more money, let's invade Iraq and build some pipelines!
>oops, that's another trillion dollars gone, guess we can't invest in our infrastructure now
>we don't wanna pay taxes, let's lobby for low corporate tax rates!
>oops, now we can't pay for good public schools and infrastructure anymore
>our insurance companies need more profit, let's not have a public health care system or one that is completely botched because it wants to protect the private sector!
>oops, now we spend the most money on health care per capita in the world and people are still dying in the streets
>our fast foods chains need more money, let's ingratiate them into our communities!
>oops, one third of America is seriously overweight now to the point that military can no longer find fit recruits
>military.com/daily-news/2017/10/15/too-fat-to-fight-military-threatened-by-childhood-obesity.html

Never got around to making proper checks and balances on branches of government.

Didn't enfranchise the right sectors of the population either fast enough or in the right way.

Couldn't separate military power from individuals and install it in the state itself.

It never stood for anything other than "the Roman way" which fluctuated with the times and eventually meant nothing at all. By the end of it the imperial state was nothing but naked power available to any and all who could take it and because of that it was meaningless to the individual citizen and eventually the individual soldier.

Just let Mexicans fight.

ROME FELL BCAUZ OF IMMIGRATION XDD
ROME FELL BCAUZ OF CHRISTIANITY XDD
ROME FELL BCAUZ OF DEGENERACY XDD

Fuck off, Gibbon.
Actual retard level reasoning.

This thread again

Reminder that the Roman Empire was Christian longer than it was pagan ;)

It became too large to sustain itself and, as all cultures and empires, eventually collapsed and left an inheritance to the ones who came next. It's the physiological cycle of human societies, but /pol/ will tell you it was the Jews

Russia
>big
>authoritarian
>decadent
>controlled half the world at some point
>rivals with America

>Not a Republic with a proper founding "myth"
>Shit engineering and infrastructure
>Shit economy
>military is professional among elite units only
>No immigration and naturalization of peoples into it
>No cultural dominance world-wide
>Less influence than China
>Didnt hold off eastern hordes; was eastern horde

>no mention of the Goths
These people were literal rapefugees who kept on sacking cities until the empire collapses.

yeah protect the jews and kill the pagans, cuck that's why Europe is dying now.

More evidence to me that the Empire was weakened by Christianity. This of course, goes without saying that the Empire imploded for a multitude of reasons. Christianity just being one tiny slice in the death by a thousand cuts the Empire went through. So what it was around as a Christian empire for longer? You cant keep someone dying on life support alive forever but you sure can prolong the suffering and delay the inevitable.

That man is a pure roman.

isn't Europe dying because it's losing christian values? you people are incapable of consistency.

discord.gg/ccSVPy

What mechanic in Christianity caused that? Christianity gave a cohesive element to society.

i'm not joining your gay furry roleplay server fuck off

"By definition foreigners must bring foreign ideas with them, and novel ideas lead to novel attitudes. Hence inevitably many emotions and preferences emerge which - if the existing government be likened to a piece of music - are out of tune with it. Thus it was the need to protect the city from being invaded by harmful practices which concerned him more than any physical infection by unhealthy immigrants."

Judaism and Christianity were both foreign religions in lands where the existing governments were out of tune with the faiths. It caused a spiritual schism in the Empire. Constantine really didnt help the situation by sacking all the Pagan temples and spiritual sites. With the take over of Christianity, a foreign religion, the inhabitants of Europe were effectively "out of tune" metaphysically speaking. Spiritually confused. I dont believe it has lead to any real definitive cohesion either, there's countless denominations of the Jewish religion all claiming to be the one true faith.

Because Romans were a bunch of cuckholds

>Constantine really didnt help the situation by sacking all the Pagan temples and spiritual sites.

>rivals with america
not for the last 30 years, ivan.

Rome was founded by settlers from across the ancient world, many of whom were cast out of their societies. Latins themselves were not colonists from anywhere but culturally Rome was like a Greek colony. Exact comparisons are hard to draw but US is basically Rome.

DAS RITE WE WUZ ROME AN SHEIT

They have geographic advantages we don't.

So does Antarctica

>the inhabitants of Europe were effectively "out of tune" metaphysically speaking