3/4 germans died at the hand of the Russian army

>3/4 germans died at the hand of the Russian army
God the eastern front must have been an absolute bloodbath I can't imagine how much both sides must have suffered
can someone please share some stories from the eastern front and what the german amry went through. I just get so choked up at the thought of so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1SdO-btKuds
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=E14DBC184203C834A27D8E5ED3A9E7E8
youtu.be/LI0yKMO6J9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>mfw read many books about the tropical hell Marines and Soldiers went through in the Pacific
>mfw haven't read up on much Eastern Front outside of "big picture" books

What are some good Eastern Front books from either perspective that concentrates on the experiences of the men fighting in it?

I have a book about the siege of leningrad, its in my garage tho and CBF to dig it out the box its in post-move. But it was pretty horrific, the Soviets formed a police wing to combat cannibalism. Thousands of people were dying of starvation each day.

It's actually worse than that--out of almost 6 million Axis losses on the Eastern Front, 2 million of them occurred in a 4 month period at war's end. Total lunacy.

Listen to Dan Carlin's Ghosts of the Ostfront if you want to get really uncomfy.

>I just get so choked up at the thought of so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home

>invade someone
>massacre millions of civilians
>70 years later some faggot who grew up in luxury is crying over you

Good read desu

this is the book for you amigo

>so choked up at the thought of so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home

Fag

Just don't take this one for historic fact, there's debate if Sajer was even in the units he claimed. It is however useful to find the mindset of your average hun went through.

In Deadly Combat by Gottlob Herman Bidermann

youtu.be/1SdO-btKuds

>so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home
if only... if only we... we... alt right... could travel back in time... and save them... those beautiful g*rmans... yes...

I just get so choked up at the thought of so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home

>yfw instead of freezing to death in trench filled with corpses you surrender to Soviet untermensch

How can I read this online free? I want to read these kinds of books so bad but I'm a poorfag

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=E14DBC184203C834A27D8E5ED3A9E7E8

I usually soothe that feel by jacking off to blonde girls getting BLACKED

Königsberg, Stettin and Breslau will never be G*rman again.
You make your bed, you lie in it loser bitch

>I just get so choked up at the thought of so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home
I know, right? I practically choke with laughter.

Fuck me he looks just like my best friend when I was in the Muhreens

That's what you get when you follow a tyrant into war.

Talk shit get hit faggot

hitler literally responsible for white genocide for killing off 10% of the German population (soldiers, civilians) in war he started to satisfy his LARPing fantasy.

Why is this board so easy to troll? I thought this was the 'too intelligent for other boards' board.

900,000 Leningraders died during 3 years of siege. Could you imagine how many more people would have been killed if it fell? More Leningraders died during the siege than the combined loses for the Americans and British.

;_;

pretty good model, is it from any game?

The Eastern Front was actual hell on earth. There were no heroes, only casualties. If you read anything about either side, you cannot feasibly feel like the suffering of both wasn't justified. Fuck the Nazis, and fuck the Commies. Maybe not enough died on that front.

>there were no heroes on Eastern Front
What a sad and untrue statement.

> I just get so choked up at the thought of so many beautiful germans dying in the snow so far away from home

I too get choked up at the thought of Soviet command not letting the Red Army decimate everything west of Memel because "they've had plans" on the territory after war.

That thread is gay as fuck

I hope this little G*rman grew up as orphan or even better got killed during allies invasion

avoid all books written by people that have 2x S in their pen name since they claim stuff like their Panther had 152mm canon, 5x MGs and flmathrower and memebooks from people like Degrelle.
Notes of a Russian Sniper: Vassili Zaitsev and the Battle of Stalingrad is pretty good

"Dogs, do you want to live forever" by Fritz Wöss is one of my favourites. The author describes his experiences at stalingrad, interestingly theres quite a bit about the romanian troops in there. There was a movie about it but I think it doesnt come close to the book.

any interesting stories about what happened in the Pacific? I thought it was a chiller place to fight than Europe

for a second I thought that guy is German, he could easily pass for one which makes me think

if russians were the subhumans and germans were the master race then how come they could look the same?

Not enough dirty, filthy Krauts died

It's from Battlefield 1

>there will never be a game with BF1 tier graphics and Red Orchestra Gameplay

Cuz hitler was mentally retarded and incapable of realizing anyone born above southern Italy, Spain and Greece looks similar to one another

You should have been one of them

Why the Krauts so nasty?

This
When I see a Kraut I become ENRAGED

Real question: do you think if hitler sieged Moscow instead of diverting all the way down to Stalingrad they could have helped take out most of northern Russia?

Nope. Moscow was a fortress and would've been contested even more than Stalingrad.

iam a little bit confused, isnt that guy on the right with a pistol wearing Hunnic tank uniform?

> I thought it was a chiller place to fight than Europe

That depends on who you're with, not an infantryman or one of the many support units the Marines or Army has? Probably get to chill on a beach and collect souvenirs. If not, you'll probably be in the worst conditions of the theater fighting one of the most brutal enemies of the entire war. That in my opinion is the distiction between the Pacific and Eastern Front, at least in the Pacific you had some people who didn't have it as bad, everyone was fucked in the Eastern Front

Check out, With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge, Helmet for my Pillow by Robert Leckie, Voices of the Pacific by Adam Makos and Islands of the Damned by R.V Burgin. They're all veterans or collections of Marine veterans giving their eyewitness account of some of the bloodiest battles of the Pacific War

Germans in WW2 literally played "those are just polonized/russified Germans!" card

He is not. Hunnic Panzer uniforms were quite a bit shorter

I'll take a good primer on the Pacific war pls

If you're looking at first hand accounts of the war by the men who fought it see

Wtf is your problem?

even if the kraut is ryan gosling?

youtu.be/LI0yKMO6J9Y