Tor

Not sure about you anons but with this Monero IP debacle Stealthcoin XST and Verge XVG are looking like the way to go with Tor integrated.

So far Tor has proven to be best bet - would I be smart to dump my XMR bags and invest in these 2 coins instead? Right now I'm leaning towards XST with 20% ROI PoS

There is no debacle

if you sell your monero over this you're an actual retard

please give me your XMR you big fucking retards if you dont want it

KORE coin's next wallet will have a tor browser already included.

I also looked into KORE, looks decent as well - sell me on this more user

this is fine.

niggers dont know how to zoom out

cant even read english let alone these funny stick pictures

No one will ever be able to see how much KORE is in another person's wallet, each transaction is given a new address and old coins are burnt.

In saying this however its really annoying I can't withdraw my amount off bitshit as they are still updating the wallet.

Its been the target of a few pump and dump groups but it always stabilizes are returns to around 7 AUD so 5 USD.

Devs are marketing to brazil as based off their twitter so expect it to take off eventually.

Umm.... not much better user

i see a coin more valuable now than it was months ago, but if you cant read i cant expect you to understand numbers well enough to have opened any longs and actually traded off this

if you are having trouble paying chillins support to your baby mama then there is this thing called a job you can get instead of trying to find the most pump and dumpable shitcoin.

>IP address from a decentralized ledger

lol my dude, same price today as we saw in Jan 2017.....

tor is a project of the US gov't, idiots think this is a feature?

OP has only ever thrown money into ICO's and doesn't realize that massive gains all pull back.

ask massa if he'll let you open another long

the chart is literally screaming "do it again" but hes too retarded to think beyond bitcoin over tor

Like i said I didn't mind using XMR, but if it doesn't get the job done AND doesn't increase in value there's really no point in owning it anymore when there are comparable/better coins available

Exactly, why would anyone not use Tor for potentially grey legal area shit. Literally the first step.

there are those who suspect Tor is compromised, and there are ways to get pwnd in Tor use if you're not careful

Monero will be releasing an i2p router than pretty much any crypto can include, moving their networks completely off the clearnet into i2p. Very interested in this.

>it always stabilizes
kore's price action is a beaut

Honestly, shilling privacy coins that aren't Monero is without question the most Pajeet thing any user can do.

If there are any newfriends out there reading this, don't buy Pajeetcoins. Just stick with Monero. XMR should be a part of everyone's portfolio.

This isn't about pajeetcoins so much as it is my thoughts about Tor vs Monero's shortcomings

if you were actually using monero as cash you should have been replacing it. If it mooned you would have been set. But you had weak, weak hands.

any retard can run monerod while using tor. once the kovri project is released literally every crypto can get off the clearnet onto i2p.

when you fomo back in be sure to update the thread

Not sure if there's even room left for FOMO user. XMR is already sitting at $1.35B when coins like XST are only at $4M

Well it is related because Monero's value is based on its utility, which shits on all of these other so-called privacy coins with public ledgers or "optional" privacy. Tor integration is meaningless when anybody can interact with any blockchain they wish through a VPN/Tor. If you were doing truly shady shit on the internet you'd probably already know how to do this.

One of the reasons XMR is late to the Tor party is because they probably had a lot of internal debate about whether "Monero The Blockchain Provider" has any business being responsible for IP obfuscation or whether it should be left in the hands of the end user to mask their IP as they see fit. Looks like they're going down that road anyway, but I suspect that is due to popular demand and not because it was ever part of their initial philosophy on developing an opaque blockchain.

If you think you can make money on XST or XVG then go for it, dumber cryptos have achieved a higher market cap. Just realize that they will always be technically inferior to Monero, so temper your expectations accordingly.

and which of those two will actually be used and continue to exist in 5+ years? XMR gives a shit about being the most fungible, private digital money. No other project comes close to this.

Thanks for the constructive feedback user

>popular demand

Agreed - just seems easier to deal with having integration out of the box

This is true - but you never know which coins can get rekt nowadays over 1 slip up

The monero and kovri guys met at a party or something and they ended up merging things together. They're even going with the better option for privacy by keeping things off the clearnet and in i2p.

I like to play the "public ledger" game with all these pahjeetcoins that claim privacy. If I, in five seconds of google, can find a random address and see its balance and txs, its shit.

Buy Zencash instead of those shitcoins

Read the verge whitepaper and then read the monero whitepaper. If you still believe in verge afterwards I don't know what to say to you. the monero whitepaper discusses the mathematics of ring signatures and the verge "blackpaper" looks like someone's highschool project completed the night before it was due

Yeah not so much impressed with Verge, just was an easy example to somewhat explain adoption due to Tor

This IP twitter thing is honestly pathetic. Someone who knew a little python though tweeting his netstat on port 18080 is exposing all the Monero users and all their transactions.

All I need is an XVG address to know EVERY. THING. about your address. There is to this day an unclaimed bounty ready for anyone who can decode an XMR transaction and prove who was involved in a transaction.

Show me your Zencash address and I'll show you my Monero address. Whoever can see each others entire transaction history wins.

I'll take my prize in XMR please

What is this I hear about XMR's unwillingness to get on board with trustless DX's..? That was actually one of the things that stood out with Stealthcoin while searching Tor coins: right on their roadmap they showed full DX integration and can already be atomically swapped

Put yourself in the shoes of somebody whose life depended on their interactions with the blockchain remaining anonymous as far as their IP is concerned for whatever reason. Is this person going to feel more safe setting that shit up on their own and making sure they are untraceable or are they going to just trust that some blockchain dev included the necessary features to automatically obscure their IP and just hope for the best? I'm using an extreme example here but my point is that these are the kinds of hypotheticals the devs of Monero have most likely been considering before just rolling out something with "Tor integration" and calling it a day.

Honestly the people that legitimately shill for coins like Verge don't even know what a public address is or they're just pajeet marketmakers. W R A I T H P R O T O C O L

Redpill me on zencash plz

I dont know I'm not you, get your ears checked

bisq has Monero on it. XMR dev team can't "ban" them from using it so I don't understand where you're getting your information from

it's still only 20 pages.

I'm more so talking about wallet-to-wallet trading across blockchains (atomic swaps) for the most security. There's been no word about XMR and atomic swap compatibility and i've read they don't really care for it which is odd

Fork of Z classic, simultaneous release on exchanges.

One of their devs literally posted a tweet showing a zero-day bug in the code, and quit as prices fell off a cliff

The three remaining "ex-government agents" soldiered on and due to a successful attempt at public relations, got a second pump which ended approx. a week ago after a 5x price increase.

Would you say the Monero white paper is more impressive than the chainlink whitepaper?

How private is it though? I can't find shit about the tech

oh an atomic swap like with LTC-VTC

off the top i could imagine there are difficulties with interacting between the two. I mean the XMR chain is opaque by design, how does another chain trust what it can't see? They likely have to solve how to interact between the chains without compromising privacy, so maybe they just don't want to bother on that right now and want to work on fundamentals.

>atomic swap like LTC/VTC

Yes

Makes sense. I dont know much about it but as far as I've read they need BIP65 op_checklocktimeverify to complete the swap. Off the top of my head I don't think it compromises privacy, and if not, I think these user coins should be on as many full DX's as possible.

i agree 100%

fluffypony has tweeted support for BTC-XMR atmoic swaps, so I wouldn't assume the dev team is against it completely.

THIS, BUY CBYCESEC

Lol what in the fuck - gonna have to explain this one I have no idea even how to pronounce it user...

It has a former Navy Officer in it, I wouldn't trust anyone associated with the U.S. government when it comes to a privacy coin.

atomic swaps are overated. ZEC is best ZEC

Yes.
I did this and have already gone up a bit.
>bought verge

Atleast you chart the daily, most of Veeky Forums charts by the minute while buying high and selling low.

Shill/10

I'm not sure about that user, too many exchanges are getting compromised. Full DX's are the best way to have total control of your privkeys

don't tell this guy about how easy it is to perform timing attacks when you voluntarily identify yourself on a public blockchain each time you send data over tor.

The largest Bitcoin Tumbler Site is now Taking XMR, it will be fine.

>not buying some BAY
The wallet has literally Tor+proxy integration + uses another layer of bitmessage to be sure to be 100% anonymous.
You gotta check this out.

>tfw your coin is so private that nobody realizes it's THE privacy coin

This.

The developers at Komodo looked into XMR atomic swap compatibility (to trade on BarterDEX) and Monero cannot do it currently (without substantial coding/development). But once XMR is capable of atomic swap, it can also be on BarterDEX so don't worry!