Why do I always buy the high?

Why do I always buy the high?

Cuz you're trading with your emotions

Because ur a crab and thus a lower lifeform

Because you have missed so many moon missions you are fearful that if you set a lower buy order it won't get filled, leaving you in the dust.

Same here. By the time the god damn green candles show up the very next step is always a bunch of fuckin red ones

let the game come to you

>do you smell that? that smell...
>a smelly smell that smells...
>smelly...
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP

Teach me anons. I buy something that is relatively flat and it never moons, I buy something that looks like its going to moon and then it just falls flat before the moon.

>>buy low sell high
>place bids below market
>wait patiently
>???
>profit!

but my order either never gets filled or it just dumps on me

Fuck a chart, read the order book.
Charts
>historical
>obfuscatory
>meme

Order book
>shows prices before they happen
>reveals fake price action
>better control over your orders

You probably suck at reading charts. People with money use fib lines and support resistance to determine their buy zones. You also need to figure out bitcoins short term future before entering a trade as that can ruin a good entry. Currently, bitcoin is bearish for a few days so alts will bleed again. You should set a buy order a couple support levels down and you'll do fine.

then you did a bad job. imagine what the average price is for a whale dumping a large amount, and put it in the lower 1/3rd instead of what i'm guessing is the upper third. then when the dump finishes it will go up close to the original price, but not quite, and you'll be in profit.

Further virtues of the order book
>never worry about a fill
>see a price you like? buy/sell it instantly

do you have any examples recently? appreciate your help

i highly do not recommend paying taker fees even if you're not daytrading

not really, the vast majority of my bots trades are for a few pennies.

>not using an exchange with a flat rate
I'll pay the same regardless of how I trade. Polo did used to nab me for this though

i'm a burger so I can only use gdax. I wouldn't trust the others anyway though

I don't understand? I'm triple cheddar cheeseburger and can use basically any non chink exchange

there is nothing wrong with that as long as the token your'e buying is really cheap

i suppose if you don't use the same exchange to do bank transfers it doesn't matter, unless if they are tracing crypto transactions. maybe i'm paranoid.
that being said if I did withdrawal to my jew bank from one of those places they'd probably close my account without hesitation

It's pretty simple. When everyone is dumping and posting pink wojaks and the last thing you'd consider doing is buying; that right there is exactly when you buy. And when the chart is mooning like no other and people are tripping over each other with FOMOeyes and it seems like it's going to shoot up into orbit; that's the exact moment to sell. In other words invert your base instinct vis a vis market timing and that's a good starting point.

I don't, I buy on coinbase and move to an exchange. But I've never gave a fuck about crypto taxes. Pretty sure I'll get uncle sam's member of justice firmly implanted in my rectum someday for it.

i already got audited for 2016
you will soon join the club

If I never convert back to USD I have no worries yes? It's never actually capital gains because I didn't realize the gain.

no, it's still taxable. They actually have 2 options on how they can fuck crypto traders but they haven't chosen which.
Arguably if you trade shitcoins on a decentralized exchange your safe (I think). That qualifies as a 2 party like-kind exchange.
as always dyor

>tfw you apply this logic and miss epic moonshots thinking you'd be an idiot to buy and you wait for the (((((dip)))))

t. didn't buy MTP on it's first leg up and when it was getting shilled thinking it was gonna dump. happened with NEOs run up as well