What are Veeky Forums's views on bullying? I've noted these to be the common arguments in favor of it:

What are Veeky Forums's views on bullying? I've noted these to be the common arguments in favor of it:

1. Bullying is good in itself. Basically the bullied are transgressors and deserve to be bullied.
2. Bullying is justified in the end, as it can result in individuals who are stronger, less naive, more socially acceptable, etc.
3. Bullying is natural and healthy. Perhaps everyone ought to engage in it. Victims are irrelevant.

Do you agree with any of these or are you opposed to bullying?

I used to be a happy before I was bullied...

>Bullying is good in itself. Basically the bullied are transgressors and deserve to be bullied
They are transgressing anything that bullies want them to. It doesn't matter what you did you'll be bullied anyway.

>Bullying is justified in the end, as it can result in individuals who are stronger, less naive, more socially acceptable, etc.
I stopped talking to people, I'm still weak and I was never naive. Can't say if it's true in general.

>natural and healthy
Natural doesn't mean good and it definitely isn't healthy

>The bullied are transgressors
How?
>Point 2
It was coerced and the individual's autonomy was violated.
>Point 3
Cannibalism and rape are also natural.

I feel pity for bullies since they are usually just projecting their own failures onto their victims or compensating for something.

it´s good unless you get bad injuries, you need to learn to defend yourself from assholes and that takes practice

Usually that or the bully is just a dick, It's not good to be either kind though. You'll end up developing into a shit adult.

>the bullied are transgressors and deserve to be bullied
how

I was somehow never bullied in high school despite being a massive annoying faggot in every way and being a really easy target. Some kids would come to tease but it wasn't anything serious. They just let me and my faggot friends continue on.
I wish I was a little though. My parents never corrected anything I did and the teachers can only do so much. I like to think I would have embarrassed myself less and made fewer mistakes if there was someone telling me how much of a retard I was really being.

Plus I've never been in a fight and have no idea how to.

If you wish to develop a system to develop character amongst children entrusting the operators and administrators of said practices to children is fucking retarded

Anything verbal is nothing and need not be addressed, but assault and theft are crimes for a reason. If children are too stupid to understand the most basic moral concepts of our society I don't think they're qualified to be the ones who develop character amongst each other.

Sports is better.

I love bullying because faggots know their place in hierarchical society. I'm sorry this society has become degenerate as well as too sensitive it's pathetic. What happened to the good old days when we used to shove into lockers and we gave these losers fucking Atomic wedgies? Where's a good old days when we showed the Nerds who's boss and also when we were strong and masculine and not fucking cucked today?

Op is a bully and needs his actions validated by strangers online

They're pro-bullying arguments, not my personal views.

I was bullied but considering the circumstances I blame my parents for teaching me to be more afraid of the consequenses of getting cought fighting than the consequences of being a little bitch.

My theory is that children, especially young males are supposed to fight , win/lose. In Doing so it establishes a hierarchy, the practice of cunning and socialization.
Not doing so at a young age leads to alienation, awkwardness and deviance.
This can potentially cause irreperable damage to the human psyche.

Bullies should be raped and shot. No matter the degree, if its done in malicious way.

I don't believe bullying is a global phenomenon as you may think, more like something weird that americans or anglos do. It has taken really weird forms and it's maybe being reinforced by media?
Sure we used to sometimes make fun of the gay or the autistic kid or we used to fear the older kids(we would also scare the younger kids though) but nothing too physical or stealing money and shit

And you'll bitch and moan as soon as someone stronger than you comes along and uses their strength against you. Behold the true savage everyone.

This hits close.
I was also bullied and afraid of fighting back because of what my parents told me about fighting. It also didn't help I was a near-total pacifist back then and thus, everyone's favorite target.

Eastern Europoor here, bullying was common here at least during my time.

I thought this was a meme but the guy who bullied me briefly toward the end of primary school ended up missing about 5 years of high school due to anorexia.

Literally no one at my school fought. It's because we weren't shit eating poorfags

Eh I think it justifies school shooters in the US.

Bullying hardly builds character but banter and spare insults about some flaws that can be easily fixed like somebody being overweight do.

t. lost weight because people on the internet made fun of fatties

Possibly some truth to this. Mental defeat is worse than physical defeat.
That said, bullying, as opposed to simple hierarchy wrangling seems obviously bad. It’s certainly true that bullies need to be stood up to, and also that they’re, maybe not always, but usually cowards, and often being bullied at home.
Got very little bullying. Had some mild bullying where the bully wanted to insult me and I ignored it then he told me to stand up for myself so I was a cunt to him then the thing stopped. Also someone called me a faggot for sitting with legs crossed above the knee, but then he died, probably of a drug overdose after his girlfriend committed suicide so who’s the fag now no-lifer?

Those are good points. The real world is survival of the fittest. If you're lesser or weaker you deserve to get beaten and even killed. That's how nature works and school shouldn't be any different

There is no "deserve" in nature. You misinterpret Darwin to rationalize your psychopathy. When the "weak" start murdering the "strong", you better not cry foul.

What the fuck is bullying anyway? I just don't get it. Is it beating someone up and stealing their lunch money? If so, what's stopping said victim from just throwing a punch back? Isn't that a normal human response? Is bullying name-calling? Who's so sensitive that they can't cope with a bit of name-calling? The more I hear about bullying the more I feel like I just can't understand the victim's point of view. It sounds like they're in a bad situation but do nothing to help themselves. Maybe I'm just being an asshole, I know some of you will think so. But im just being honest, I really don't know what bullying means.

>If I was in their situation I would have reacted
No, you probably wouldn't.
Why so many idiots think that they would know how to better handle a situation they didn't went through?

>Argument in favor of bullying
What the fuck. I'll come over fucking your wife and don't you dare do anything against it, it builds your character.

I think that there are two kinds of bullying: 1) saying mean things, and 2) threats of physical violence and/or actual physical violence.
Parents - in the West, at least - should teach children to handle (1) by developing better bants or by ignoring it, and teach children to handle (2) by getting the police involved. In some cases (2) would perhaps expose the kid to dangerous consequences (a backlash from the bully), but in those cases the parents shouldn't be letting their kid be in that social context to begin with.
Basically, in the West there is no reason to teach your kid to respond to violence by using fighting skills, except in situations where that is the only recourse (being literally backed into a corner, or needing to defend a third party). Violence is a great equalizer that people who can't succeed in society using their brains or connections use to get at those who are in a better position than them, and/or simply to make themselves feel better. When a smart man physically fights a stupid man, he is meeting the stupid man on a ground of the stupid man's choosing - a strategic mistake. Hence the right approach in most cases, it seems to me, is to respond to bullying by getting police/courts involved to the maximum possible extent. And if that seems impracticable, then you should probably get your kid out of that social context as soon as possible.

What are Veeky Forums's views on shooting up schools? I've noted these to be the common arguments in favor of it:

1. School shootings good in itself. Basically the ones getting shot are transgressors and deserves to be bullied, otherwise the school shooter wouldn't have done it.
2. School shootings are justified in the end, as it can result in individuals surviving ending up stronger, less naive, more socially acceptable, etc. A school shooting is also an event that unifies a community.
3. School shootings are natural and healthy. People have killed each other since before recorded history. Perhaps everyone ought to engage in it. Victims are irrelevant.

Do you agree with any of these or are you opposed to school shootings?

Maybe I wouldn't, I honestly don't know. But why was I never put in that situation and others were? I was a nerd in high school but I never got bullied for some reason. Surely bullies would just go for an easy target, i.e. someone who doesn't react a whole lot. And look, I know how bad it sounds, I just want to understand the mentality behind it instead of being pushed away by responses like 'you'll never understand unless it happened to you'. Even if that's true, that mindset will do nothing to help kids who are being bullied right now.

>1. Bullying is good in itself. Basically the bullied are transgressors and deserve to be bullied.
Like black kids getting bullied for being good at school because they are "acting white"?

if it makes kids kill themselves it cant be good

I used to be bullied in school, at first I thought I deserved it and probably made me a better person. I started thinking more and I believe it did more to damage my self esteem than anything (especially since they had no reason to bully me), it would help more instead of putting someone down to boost your ego, you should create a sense of camaraderie which would help both parties learn from each other. I believe both bullies and the bullied will be mentally and emotionally stunted in some way, the bully not understanding that actions have consequences and behave like manchildren, while the bullied will never think better of himself and will probably develop anxiety/cynicism as he grows up. That's just my two cents, I don't believe the pro-bully arguments hold any weight in the real world, seems like excuses to get away with treating others like shit.

>the bullied are transgressors
clinical retardation

>are transgressors and deserved to be bullied
Ya fucked up. 2/10

Only weak fucktards kill themselves.