Do you use a hardware wallet?

If so, which one

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_X-ray
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nah, I feel like I'm going to buy it and itll be the top on bitcoin so the ledger will be worthless lol

>ledger
>encoded the seed into a puzzle that I can recall as long as I have a pen/paper
>destroyed all copies of the seed
>mfw it's impossible to steal my coins

>ledger
>have seed hidden in a jewelry container stored in a safe deposit box

Just got a Ledger this week, now need to force myself to setting it up

the buttons are very loose and jiggly, not too impressed with it. why they cant use nice rubber buttons like a TV remote is beyond me

trust noone not even urself

ledger nano s, and to store the seed, a cryptosteel

Does it count if I have an encrypted wallet file on my USB?

trezor

fucking paper for long holds and metamask for everything else

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_X-ray

YOUR COINS ARE NOT SAFE

Hardware wallets are for pussies imho

>hardware wallet

i use a ledger nano s
lasercut the seed into 5mm steeplates which are hold together by 20 screws and 4 welding spots
locked in a 400lbs safe which is embedded in concrete in my basement

thats not even a real private key

and how are you supposed to spend it? import it into a computer and it's stolen, but a separate offline-only computer and you might as well get a hardware wallet

brainlets funding the latest generation of pirates

i got it in an encrypted 7zip archive on a usb, the expensive treznor shit etc. are for boomer retards

must be too poor to afford $75 then? that or you have no crypto worth protecting anyway.

are you one of those retards that spend 10x the price for the exact same thing but with a label on it

>photoshops red layer off
thanks bitch

Is this for your 0.1 ETH and 1 OMG?

no i'm one of those idiots that has 8 figures worth of crypto to protect and it won't touch anything that isn't offline storage or a TPM.

8 figures in espers maybe

>muh buzzword tpm is safer than any other aes256 encryption
Boomer retard, like I said.

incredibly how many salty pajeets lurk here

enjoy getting your bitch money stolen when you have to decrypt your keys on your gaming pc. good thing you don't have anything invested because you should really understand what you're putting you rmoney into.

i use my phone.

"It's just a USB drive"

be careful if it's android, lots of malware specific to finding keys on android phones, or watching for private keys/mnemonics.

Have any tips? How'd you get to that much m8?

MS paint

>money stolen when you have to decrypt your keys on your gaming pc.
???

invest i in very few things and dont worry about missing out on 3-5x ico pumps when waiting several months after the ico will do most of the work culling the shitcoins for you. and don't be greedy, or desperate like everyone else in this place.

Consider that the BTC value displayed doesn't go to the single SAT. Should be 8 places, not 5.

step one to not get your shit stolen: avoid windows

your keys are locked in some windows zip program, to access them you need a computer to decrypt them, when you do, your shit is exposed on a malware infested OS.

you need clean hardware, and thats what a hw wallet is, a clean piece of hw so you dont need a separate offline computer.

if you don't intend on spending your coins at all, then they should be on paper, but you still need a way to generate the mnemonic/address in a secure way, so you also need a clean piece of hw for that.

trezor. I dunno it seemed trezor or nano were the two common choices and i didnt want something that looked like a jump drive.

that's the rounding i get on coin.fyi. i dont trust blockfolio and i couldn't find anything better to use apart from a spreadsheet but getting the coin price data would be a pain.

the only problem with trezor is its security depends entirely on nobody else touching the hardware, which is risky because you have to get it shipped to you. the ledger isn't open source but at least you only have to trust ledger themselves and not the production line, shipping company, government, etc.

what were the coins you invested in? how long did it take you to get this rich?

Cant i just install linux on a VM?

>put money on exchange
>instant access to trade for fiat when market takes it's inevitable bimonthly shit
>exchanges are insured so I can never lose my money
>didn't have to spend 60 dollars or a retard wallet

I bought it but due to the market I feel I have overspended. Who knows, maybe my 0.1 will worth one day.

>avoid windows
what's the point of a hw wallet if i need a secure computer too

LARPing

i'm forced to stick most of that in bitcoin and ethereum, i have a smaller position in xmr/etc, and im looking to get back into a few tokens when bottom out like 0x, and ripple if it ever gets back to sane levels (< 1-2k sats) but its pretty risky going into anything right now with the fork liked up.

a vm protects your host from things inside the vm, not the other way around. it helps at a very basic level, for simple malware based on hooking applications, but it won't protect you from clipboard analysis, or keylogging, or plain RATs that can let someone watch everything you do and take control.

you don't, it's only people who think encrypting a zip file helps protect them. you want your keys offline.

stay salty pajeet

windows is malware infested by default, i hope youre using openbsd otherwise you're not secure faggot

windows is comfy

what point are you trying to make? that's exactly what i said, avoid windows. it doesn't matter if you have a hardware wallet anyway, so for the people who insist on playing video games they can keep their pocket money secure.

yes avoid windows like satoshi san

>mfw you get sudden dementia

no

you think that's relevant 8 years later? he was probably mining/hosting his node on a separate machine anyway.

that what i do too,

let them call you a poorfag, the real poorfags spend money on this kind of crap.

The rich count pennies bro

the rich don't store their money under their mattress either, they use private banks.

you do you

only trying to inform the misinformed.

how am I misinformed? that's the genuine email, incase you weren't around back then. you can google it if you want

because you seem to think that just because satoshi developed the client to run on windows, it's safe to keep private keys on a computer you use for other things day to day. you have no idea about the setup he used, not to mention there were no bitcoin specific malware back then, for obvious reasons.

you're just making excuses without thinking about why it isn't secure, so you're misinformed or being wilfully ignorant.

Just keep them separate retard

I've been using windows for a long time and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing with it.
>private keys
clearly I keep them on a hw wallet you could get robbed if live in a house or a small/insecure apartment building.
>put it in a safe
I don't plan on living in this building forever and bolting a heavy and expensive safe down kind screws with planning to move.

Hence keeping them separate

>buy trezor
>comes with short shitty cable usb cable
>while setting up it disconnected before i could finish writing down 24 word passphrase
>wipe device and start again
>happens a second time
>got my phone usb cable
>success
>for some reason one of the older accounts showed up so i had two
>assumed they were both valid
>sent it to the older one
>saw incoming transaction 30 seconds later
>no problem, unplugged and went to see parents
>connect it up day later to see i have 0 BTC balance and the older account i sent it to has dissapeared
>somehow the device forgot or deleted it
>mfw

then what are you bitching about? i already replied and made it perfectly clear that it doesn't matter what you use if you keep your keys offline you would do good to avoid the trezor, i dont see any point buying extra hardware if you have to trust it more than you do commodity hardware.

what about unencrypted? with copies on 2 different usbs? and on gdrive icloud and dropbox

>Wallet 1: failed to write down the 24 words
>Wallet 2: successfully wrote down the 24 words
hmm what do next? I KNOW:
>send money to the Wallet 1

you are beyond pajeet

Just no

>calls others pajeets
>cant even read greentext properly
it failed twice before it worked and written down the full seed, me wiping it both times after it failed should have wiped the addresses, but for some reason it didnt, the incoming transaction was showing but unplugging it fucked it up somehow.

you are a dummy. you can plug that seed into any wallet and steal the funds.

Ledger nano. Pretty happy with it.

This is scary maybe I'll just leave mine on polo

Jakes on you brah, my mattress is a bank
...a sperm bank

Not using ledger. My private key is on my desktop. I keep telling myself to move it somewhere more safe but days keep passing.

>sent it to the older one

Dude...